Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inspirit Quattro is here, V2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inspirit Quattro is here, V2
    Posted: 09/11/2007 at 12:42pm
Yes I know, original title. Anyhow I decided to try out this new rubber from Dawei as well. Liked what I've heard about this rubber so I got myself two sheets, both 2.0mm an both 35 degrees. Of course I got them from cole, he shipped them out the same day I ordered. Great service as usual Cole! They arrived today, took about a week. I'll be testing them out tonight on my good old Avalox bt555. Pictures below.

img510/9629/iq1mb6.jpg

img406/2465/iq2vn0.jpg

Cut and glued to my bt555:
img529/3140/iq4nm5.jpg

img96/513/iq3jv6.jpg

I'll post my try-out with these rubbers tomorrow probably.

Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 12:48pm
Did u speed glue them?
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 3:22pm
Just for the record, 999 over the Quattro sponge feels much nicer, much less of a lack of middle gears, and of course preference-wise i like a bit 'o' tack.
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 6:57pm
these rubbers dont look tacky
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 7:05pm
What's up with the missing corners and orange sponge?

On my Quattro's- from Rob at AffordableTT in Australia, the corner's aren't cut off, and the sponge is much yellower, more like the Donic F2/Tibhar Rapid Dtecs sponge.

I have the 39 and 42deg versions, possibly the 35's are a diff colour sponge?

Otherwise everyone seems to be getting different batches, including the 'Official' Daweii distrubutors.
loopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 7:20pm
I think the Quattro sponge is orange, I'll know in a few days when my cole order arrives. Cut corners are usually a sign of being Provincial or National versions(dont quote me, may be rumor).
Blade:729 Bomb from colestt.com
FH:H3/Quattro 2.3 from colestt.com
BH: Geospin Tacky 2.0 from colestt.com
Loopers still rule(but learning to play choppers better)
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 7:31pm
 Well mine come from an official distributor, and I'm pretty sure the sponge is yellower than the pics above.

I know it isnt the standard Inspirit sponge seeing I have a sheet of that as well, and the Quattro is definitely faster and has some glue effect.

The 39deg sponge feels about 39deg as well, possibly softer, it's definitely not a hard sponge like others have mentioned in the old Quattro topic. It has slightly more glue feel than the 42deg sponge, but not quite as fast. I don't think I would want to go any slower than the 39deg though, which is why I didn't get the 35deg version.

I'll peel the rubbers off this evening and take a couple of pics, hopefully I'm wrong and the sponges are the same haha, otherwise I'm going to be quite confused with different versions of the same rubber floating around Confused
loopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 7:54pm
Who knows anymore with all the fakes floating around. You have to hope your seller is legit. Especially if you buy a lot of toys.
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 8:10pm

Well I assume he's legit seeing the only reviews reviews of the Quattro on the official Daweii site are the ones taken from his site.

I might ask him to post in this topic seeing there are pics of Cole's version on here, Cole's input would be good as well, and they can compare versions.

manduman88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manduman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 8:17pm
just wondering, how does the inspirit quattro compare to donic f1?
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 8:24pm

The 39deg version I have is faster and slightly harder than F2. It doesn't quite have the same sound and spin yet, but once the rubbers are worn in, I can give a better estimate- I've only used them for about an hour so far.

The 42deg version is definitely harder than the F2 with a lot more spring, and might be similar to F1

loopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 8:55pm

I'm not trying to bad mouth anyone but, there are a lot of shady characters on Ebay, ect...

mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 10:40pm
those quattro are not fakes, there are different batches dawei came out with... those 35 feel like 39-40

kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2007 at 11:10pm
There was a issue with dye coloring I believe.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2007 at 12:29am
True, but I'm also convinced that there's more difference than just the color, which to me is a blemish on dawei that I fully expect them to correct in the near future.

I can assure you that both mine and rob's came from dawei, and that they simply used two different colors.  Judging by the reviews, I have to believe there is more difference than that.  I understand theirs is softer than regular inspirit and mine is definately harder.  I'd like to try some of rob's just to see which is better. 

I have been talking to dawei nightly about making improvements in consistency, play, and most of all weight.  When sellign quattro I always try to push for something ultralight on the bh side.  In this case I may not have since both pieces were 2.0 and 35deg.

Oh, on international or first class orders in which weight = cost, I cut the corners simply to help keep shipping costs to a minimum.  The prices of usps went WAY WAY up a few months ago.  Now days if I ship two rubbers for $1, I end up losing an extra 1.50 in the process.  And really, who needs the corners?

I have always cut the corners off the sheets I assemble.  The corners never adhere as well, and people panic because the corners come off easilly, assuming the whole rubber will fall apart.  I have had like two delaminations in the last year and I have my doubts about at least one of them after talking to other people that have had similar experiences of the guy complaining to try to get free stuff or a better deal.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2007 at 2:07am
 Cheers for the great reply Cole

I'll post some pictures of my version of Quattro, like I said I would, and you can see the difference. The 42deg sponge is definitely softer than 42deg, and looks softer than that 35 at the beginning of the page haha. I know that sounds stupid, but I have never come across a hard feeling yellow sponge before, and this Quattro is no different.

Sponge View 1:

Sponge View 2:

Sponge View 3:

As you can see the sponge is much yellower, and is quite porous for a 42deg sponge, you would normally expect a sponge stamped with that hardness to be a lot denser.

The number on the sheets from Cole is also absent on Rob's version of the Quattro.

I'll have another play with these tonight and see how the glue effect is coming along, I know it won't be fully apparent until they are fully worn in.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2007 at 2:56am
Very interesting Atomica, but mine sure looks a lot more orange-ish. Anyhows, I knew the Inspirit Quattro rubbers were harder than advertised..but some guy over at my club even stated it would probably even be harder than Hurricane3. Sure didn't play th�t hard if you ask me. But of course, who gives a sh*t about that kind of stuff when the feel is right, which for me definately was the case with IQ. I was surprised how much topspin I could get from slow loop. It's also quite fast, will take some time before I can really handle it well.

Another thing that surprised me was the weight on my bt555, quite light actually..'specially for rubbers "as hard as H3" ...LOL!

I can't really say anything more, I have another training coming up thursday and a match at saturday, by then I will have a clearer picture of this rubber's capabilities.

tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2007 at 5:01am
to master pong

what about dwell time with this rubber like inspirit or less?
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2007 at 5:34am
Originally posted by tatan tatan wrote:

to master pong

what about dwell time with this rubber like inspirit or less?

Definately less, since it's harder and faster than the old Inspirit.

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2007 at 9:12pm

what atomica has looks exactly like normal inspirit?

Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2007 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by ttman ttman wrote:

what atomica has looks exactly like normal inspirit?

Doesn't look like "normal or "regular" Inspirit to me.  Both the regular Inspirit and the Inspirit Quattro I bought from Cole have orange sponge, not yellow. 
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2007 at 11:00pm

ditto

Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2007 at 1:20am
 Yeah normal Inspirit has a more orange sponge, and doesn't make a glue 'ping' sound when you hit it when it hasn't been speedglued.

These Quattro's are definitely different to regular Inspirit.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2007 at 3:09am
Nice pics!Thumbs%20Up
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2007 at 3:45am
I have been reading the posts in this thread, whilst driving for the last 2 days, and wanted to reply, but my Blackberry phone wouldn't allow it.

I need to clear a few things up.

The Inspirit Quattro that we ordered from Dawei arrived with Yellow Sponges, The Version that Cole received has orange sponges. I spoke to to the Dawei representative about this and he stated that Cole Complained that his version was to fast so they slowed it down a tad, and at the same time ensured that the sponge hardness stamped on the back was correct. I can confirm 100% that the version that Atomica purchased from me is Genuine.

Also TTman stated that regular inspirit has a yellow sponge, he is also correct, all my inspirits & inspirit Quattro's have yellow sponges, But I can assure you once again that they are different.

When we ordered our Inspirit Quattro's, I specifically ordered 3 versions.

42 degree - fastest
39 degree - My favourite good dwell time, but still fast.
35 degree - Softest, largest speedglue sound, most dwell time, Still fast with speedglue, most Control

The versions that cole received all had the wrong hardness stamped on them, and from what I have read were pretty hard, thus the lack of dwell time.
As loopy stated, their probably are a few fakes around, and the only way to ensure that you get an Original is to Purchase it from Myself in Australia, or one of my Authorized dealers, or Cole in America. Not sure if cole has the softer versions as yet.

I also believe that in the future Dawei will be putting the export quality versions in special packaging. Just to diferentiate the A class from the rest. And if you think that there is no such thing as A class rubbers, have a look at the Butterfly rubbers out of presports.

Oh, and before I forget, and get into trouble, their is also that dealer in Canada.Thumbs%20Up that has them as well.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2007 at 10:11am
"or one of my Authorized dealers"

Interresting...Does that mean they need your permission before they can sell sheets or preferably, you receive the original shipment from Dawei that you redistribute then ? Curious to know...
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2007 at 10:30am
so are these butterfly rubbers from presports of lesser or better quality 
Timemaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timemaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2007 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

And if you think that there is no such thing as A class rubbers, have a look at the Butterfly rubbers out of presports.

What exactly do you mean by that ?
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2007 at 3:21pm
that hte bty rubbers they sell are old stock and bad cuts, like the edge rubbers of the batches...
loopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2007 at 4:39pm
Not to chime in, with no evidence, but presports may be, "not so reputable", "as compared to cole". I have had limited dealings, with several different , quote/unquote retailers. Some have been great, some okay, some I'll never do business with again. It's all part of the retail game. You must trust and do business with the people you "TRUST". If you have a bad experience with someone, "THIS" is the place to talk about it(as well as air your difference out with that person/retailer)
You will never get a fair deal, "all the time" (especially when dealing with a new person). I only hope that if you get a "RAW DEAL", you will let everyone else know about it, here on the forum.
In previous threads I have mentioned a "person" I did not feel was reputable. I will never speak that name again(p@#gp@#gs#y on ebay, if you can decode that you're in luck).
I TRUST THE PEOPLE HERE(cole,fraser,varghesep,tommyzai, pingpongrob, ect). They give the best advise. Thats all I can ask for, being an EJ for LIFE.
"DONT BUY ON EBAY". I hope you all noticed that I was able to type with both hands this time( those who know me will understand thisLOL).
Have a great TT day!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic