Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galaxy table tennis blades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
rpber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2007 at 6:36pm
How do the blades in the N series feel? Hard/soft? Are they modeled after any more prominent name brand blades?
Sponsored Links

pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2007 at 7:31pm
They feel Medium Hard, are not a copy from any other company, Just a well made budget blade, that will do it for most beginners. Not Slow, but not super fast.

Put it to you this way, I would have no problems playing a league match with any of the N series blades.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/2007 at 7:41pm

How does T7 and T8 compare against K series?

Also, would someone have idea about speed of T7 / T8 against other arylate carbon blades.. stay dawei wavestone.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 4:26pm
   t-4 t-8 do they have small handles�
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 4:36pm
Can't speak for the T-8, but all the T-4's I have seen (15ish-FL Handles) have been pretty thick handles. I file my handle down and still end up with a nice sized straight handle.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 3:44am
i got my t-2 today! god is it quick
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 8:58am
I've tried T3, T7 and T8 and I believe all the T series will have a fairly prominent carbon feel and tone. Some people like that. If you don't, buck up and buy a w1.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 10:10am
I've tried nearly all the T-Series, and yes they have that Carbon feel to them, As for the W-1, it does nothing for me, Quality blade, just cant justify that sort of money on a chinese blade,

To me, the K-series are good, especially the K-3, If your after an all wood blade, you cant go past the M-6. Probably the best all wood blade I have tried out of YinHe at the moment
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 11:23am
You like it better than w6? How about U2006? Cause I've tried some of the M, don't remember if it was m6, and found it ok but not special.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

You like it better than w6? How about U2006? Cause I've tried some of the M, don't remember if it was m6, and found it ok but not special.

Haven't tried the U-6 (2006) as yet,

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 1:46am

by carbon feel do you mean the sweetspot or ping?

i don't like carbon feel... but sure likecarbon arylate ping-damped feel
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 2:12am
Originally posted by debraj debraj wrote:

by carbon feel do you mean the sweetspot or ping?

i don't like carbon feel... but sure likecarbon arylate ping-damped feel

No, the pings OK, Its the Larger Hard Sweetspot that you get with just plain Carbon.

Great for Flat smashing, just not good for that gentle touch required in today's technical game.

The Arylate/Carbon, has a much softer feel to it, more like the timber blades.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2007 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

That will depend on you and your game.
....... I now feel differently about using arylate carbon blades, as my game has improved since I started using them in May because :

5) I've found rubbers that are a good match with the blades.

Which rubbers you think are good match for carbon arylte blades?

Thot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/2007 at 5:37am
cole,

can you give some details about the blades you mentioned: W1, W6, U2006?

I have an W2, I'm happy with the way I play with it, but you say on your site that you consider the W1 to be better than the W2. Since I switched from an all wood blade to W2(carbon) my game improved allot. I have control close and far to/from the table, with the previous all wood blade I could play only close to the table, far from it was a game of hazard.

About the U2006 if you take in consideration this thread:
http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13516&PN=1
you can say that U2006 is a clone of Liqin's blade, at least the head of the blade. LOL

Maybe you can give us more info if you tried the blades. Thanks.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 12:45am
Here is another thread about this

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14617

In the second half there might be too many postings about my favorite T-4 but still a lot of useful info...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 1:42am
You may also want to look at the table I made of Galaxy blades in this thread:

Or you may want to check out YinHe's website:

I just bought a K-4 from Cole as well as a T-2.  I got to hit with them only for a few minutes today, so it's hard to say much about them yet.  I do think the T-2 is faster.  Also, I can add a couple of physical observations about them.

The blade quality seems to be good, but not quite what I would call up to butterfly standards.  The T-2 has a very hard and smooth outer ply, while the K-4's was more coarse, a bit thinner and softer.  I felt the need to very lightly sand the K-4 before I very lightly sealed it.  The T-2 probably didn't need to be sealed, but I also put a very light coat of Minwax wipe-on poly on it.

The K-4 weights 86 grams and has a hollow handle, but doesn't seem overly head-heavy.  The T-2 was heavier than I expected at 82 grams, but that's ok as it's still pretty light.

F3S | Tulpe T-7007 | F3S
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 10:46am
u2006, I found to be slow, a little flexy. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/09/2008 at 3:20am
 are the handles thin compared to stiga?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic