Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

My Korbel: Japanese of Chinese???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Korbel: Japanese of Chinese???
    Posted: 09/16/2007 at 3:55pm
All signs point to Japanese but i just wanted to check with the experts here.  I bought it from Iruiru.  Everything looks OK except the small metal badge on the handle looks nothing like some of the Japanese or Chinese badges that have been posted, thank you:

Sponsored Links

mcping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2007 at 4:16pm
its japanese and those are the new badges they will be putting on i had it on my michael maze.
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2007 at 4:19pm
At least I dunno. Does it matter in fact whether it is Japanese or Chinese
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
Wojo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2007 at 5:41pm
Thank you mcping much appreciated.

IceDefence - I guess it wouldnt really matter in my case since im an intermediate player.  Its nice to know that its a quality Japanese blade as opposed to an inferior Chinese product.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2007 at 5:55pm
As mcping pointed out the silver metal badge is the new badge.  I have it on my Keyshot Light.  Someone posted pictures of the Chinese version Korbel here.  I think it had an oval plastic badge instead.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2007 at 6:25pm

GK was right, in fact u guys r all right. I think that silverish metal/plastic badge is the latest th'n just as the ones on MMaze, KSL...I saw a latest Korbel w/Serial # n this silver plastic thingy, looks genuine n also a ST handled 1, beautiful handle, nicer n narroewer than Stiga's, made me wanna own 1 again...but just not justified to do that...

Btw, this MAY make the original metal-tagged PKorbel worth keeping or may be even collectible few yrs down the road....
mece View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mece Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2007 at 9:26pm
is that badge metal or plastic? what's the weight ?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2007 at 9:41pm
It appears to be plastic.  My giant magnet doesn't stick to it.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2007 at 2:38pm

Once me and a bty dealer spotted  a primopowefeeling blade and he found the plastic lens was defective and he said "this was made in china.." what a jerk

in other hand i once saw  a chinese real blade and its edges was so rough it looked like cut with a knife by a kid and the blade was bought in japan
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2007 at 6:13am
Butterfly blades with serial number are made in Japan, as far as I know.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2007 at 8:43am
If it says "Made in Japan" on it, it is made in Japan unless it's counterfeit.  I don't think that Butterfly would take the chance of mismarking it, since it is generally against the law to misstate the country of origin.
master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2007 at 10:25am
Boy, It doesn't get any Japanese-er ...
DayaPrima View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayaPrima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2007 at 10:46am
this is japanese genuine
BTY launched this new model of badges along with the serial number
penguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2007 at 8:23pm
1st generation: no serial + old metal pin badge, the best in my view.
2nd generation: serial + old metal pin badge.
3rd generation: serial + silver square badge.

A lot of the Butterfly blades are made in China and still have all the fancy serial numbers and badging.

SA-01
Primo Vitesse
Firehand
HS-7
HS-5
Primo 2000
Entire VSG range

I've found personally that I like the older generations much better than the current ones. One very obvious model is the Primorac Carbon. The old one is lighter, softer and has a smaller handle. The current generation PC has a huge handle and the wood is a lot harder and denser which makes it heavier
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2007 at 10:12pm
Somewhere in there there is a 1.5 or 2.5 generation that has no serial + silver badge...  My Keyshot Light doesn't have a serial number and it comes with the silver badge.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2007 at 4:48am

@GenomicsKnight:  How is Keyshot Light in term of speed, feel and control?  Last time I checked a Japanese catalog, it is described as softer and a bit slower compared to Korbel.  Thanks a lot.

master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2007 at 6:12am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

@GenomicsKnight:  How is Keyshot Light in term of speed, feel and control?  Last time I checked a Japanese catalog, it is described as softer and a bit slower compared to Korbel.  Thanks a lot.

It's indeed quite a bit slower, it's also softer. But the thing that irritated me the most about that blade was the feel. Compared to the Korbel (or any other all-wood blade for that matter) it's dead.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2007 at 10:52am
Second what master-pong said.
joekeem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joekeem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2007 at 3:31am

::HIGH FIVE!::

i got the korbel from iruiru too and it has the same metal badge with serial number.  great blade!
Milkyway W-2
FH: H3 Provincial
BH: Hammond Pro
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2007 at 11:18am
i have multiple blades that have this tag. i think its what butterfly is putting on allt he new blades.

Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic