Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Defensive Blades...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aXis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aXis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Defensive Blades...
    Posted: 09/18/2007 at 9:31am
hello :), im thinking of buying a defensive blade and im considering the following:

Donic Defplay Senso, Donic Defplay Classic Senso, BTY Matsush*ta Pro ,Stiga TUBE Defensive, Joola Tactics and Joola Toni Hold...

any opinions and info about these blades would be greatly appreciated :)

Also, what does Contr.-Elastic in Donic's terms mean? o.o
Sponsored Links

TTReactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTReactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2007 at 9:33am
Yasaka Sweeper, consider this or new Nittaku def. blade or...
Exclusive Table Tennis Gear & Official Distributor
http://www.TTReactor.homestead.com
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2007 at 12:06pm
Gambler Kevlar Oversize, for the thrifty player... would be among my favorite blades, even if it was twice it's tag of $32...
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2007 at 2:31pm
Matsuhita Pro > should be the fastest amount all the choice that you have, also the smallest hitting area with smaller handle.

Stiga Tube Defensive > in contrast, it's the SLOWEST amount all the choice that you put here, but it is probably the biggest and the softest as well. It doesn't matter which rubber I tried on it, it just SLOW...

Donic Defplay.. I forget which one I tried... anyways, i remember it's not that slow. nor fast.. it should be a bit faster than tube defensive. (well when two blades are close to terms of speed, hard to tell them apart when i don't actually tried them side by side.) But that is how my memory serve me.

Both Tube Def and Defplay has the sense of hollow feeling when you hit them, and they are much slower when you try to loop kill a shot. you might find the shot goes no where as fast as you expected. but to defense, i think they are wonderful blades. including matsush*ta pro, a fine ALLROUND defensive blade. Where the others are more DEFENSIVE oriented.
Chop, Chop, and Counter Loop!

BTY Cutlass + Tackiness D + Feint OX
TSP Astron Yellow + Yasaka Original + Nittaku pimplemini One
TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2007 at 2:11am
Yeah, the MPS is designed to be playable at a professional level, and while it might be slightly too fast for the heaviest chops, (and certainly below 2000) it plays all shots very well, including loops with the right setup. In contrast, the Tube DEF will never (for most players) feel right when you're on offense, though I agree it feels great while defending.
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2007 at 10:10am
What kind of defensive game you play. What you do in the backhand what do you do in the forehand? Are you a blocker, chopper, passive or agressive?
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2007 at 10:48am
i have a toxic three great blade slow slow slow sell it to you cheap.
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
aXis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aXis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2007 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

What kind of defensive game you play. What you do in the backhand what do you do in the forehand? Are you a blocker, chopper, passive or agressive?

im a passive chopper Tongue....chopping on the backhand and forehand...
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2007 at 2:25am
I would suggest Butterfly Matsush*ta Pro Blade - not Pro Special.
a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2007 at 3:58am
If you are a passive chopper without any attack in mind.I would say the Stiga tube Defense is better for you. It doest offer a good amount of hitting area. Also, it's a soft blade with slow down most of the balls that your opponent can throw at you.

If you want to chop till there is no tomorrow and let your opponent give up. that is...
Chop, Chop, and Counter Loop!

BTY Cutlass + Tackiness D + Feint OX
TSP Astron Yellow + Yasaka Original + Nittaku pimplemini One
TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
drew collins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2007 at 5:55am
a good choppers blade is joo se hyuks from butterfly
Butterflys%20new%20JOO-SE-HYUK%20blade.
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2007 at 12:12pm
the joo or MPS are great for what is essentially a modern defender, but for passive defending, yeah, i'd go a little slower. Can't go wrong with that Tube DEF, honestly, and if you're money concious (and would never like to attack again LOL) you could elect for a Toxic 3. the Toxic 5 is slightly faster, closer to ALL, and with that you can produce decent loops here n there as well.
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2007 at 5:01pm
I have a joo se hyuk and matsush*ta pro special for sale or trade. :-). The are GREAT for defenders.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
TTReactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTReactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2007 at 9:01pm
They are or you can go with DR. Neubauer Special !!!
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2007 at 9:08pm
Toxic 5 is great for passive defence, with the odd attacking shot. Nice and light and very cheap too Cool
TTReactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTReactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2007 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by Atomica Atomica wrote:

Toxic 5 is great for passive defence, with odd attack. Nice and light and very cheap too Cool
...and I have one for sale in excellent condition, what a coincident ?!?
Atomica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atomica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2007 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by TTReactor TTReactor wrote:

Originally posted by Atomica Atomica wrote:

Toxic 5 is great for passive defence, with the odd attacking shot. Nice and light and very cheap too Cool
...and I have one for sale in excellent condition, what a coincident ?!?

With 2 people endorsing it, it must be good Big%20smile

The OP needs to buy this blade!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2007 at 9:18pm
TTReactor just sold me a couple blades and I'm very happy with the price and quality. I'm still looking for Dr. N at a good price. I don't want to go homeless to buy the blade.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
aXis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aXis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2007 at 9:22am
im kind of leaning towards the Stiga Tube Defensive and the Joola Tactics...has anyone had any experience with these blades?
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2007 at 11:09am
Nittaku Violin or Vioncello. Soft and not too fast.
Its softness allows spin manipulation....very important at higher level.
and definitely fast enough for offensive game.
Jack87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2007 at 12:17pm
I have hit with the Tube DEF, and if you're chopping off of both sides, you really can't go wrong. As mentioned, though, by a couple of posters, the Toxic 5 is a very stable blade, excellent for chops, though it seems rather finicky to me when looping -- the sweet spot is obviously not near as big as you'd like on an oversized all-wood blade.
Gambler Kevlar ST
Nittaku Refoma (1.5mm)
Yasaka Phantom 011 (OX)
aXis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aXis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2007 at 12:37pm
how big is the sweet spot on the toxic 3 and toxic 5?...im getting interested Wink
aXis View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aXis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2007 at 10:44am
....also, is the Toxic 3 too slow even for drives?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic