Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

LP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
loopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LP
    Posted: 09/22/2007 at 11:21pm
What are the positives/negetives of long pips with or without sponge?
Looking to experiment on BH side in the future.
Blade:729 Bomb from colestt.com
FH:H3/Quattro 2.3 from colestt.com
BH: Geospin Tacky 2.0 from colestt.com
Loopers still rule(but learning to play choppers better)
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2007 at 11:33pm
In general, Long Pips OX (no spong) have more FX, while LP on sponge tend to hit better.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
loopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/22/2007 at 11:50pm

So a happy medium would be a thin sponge?

.5 to 1.0 maybe.

varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2007 at 12:05am
If you want to experiment any long pips rubbers, I have some cut and used.

The long pips having no sponge has high spin response to the opponents spin. The passive blockers use pips without any sponge. The modern defenders go for LP with sponge between 0.5 to 1.1 mm. In my opinion, you have to choose 0.5 or 1.1 based on the speed and control of the blade. If you dont defend, and attack with LP, then the 1.1 mm is the best choice. Butterfly has a Feint Long AG with 1.7 mm is good for hitters.

loopy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loopy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2007 at 12:11am
I would have ot classify myself as a hitter, looking to learn to defend better, and I am having a little trouble with very heavy underspin close to the table.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2007 at 12:12am
I used a Kokutaku LP/OX for a couple hours today. If I passively blocked the ball either hit the net or floated off the table. I found I needed to either flip or chop. One thing I don't like about OX . . . the sound gives the shot away. Its so distinct that your oponent could be blind and know what's coming. I'm thinking about going with .6mm to soften the noise and add some attacking power.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2007 at 12:13am
BTW . . .
I HIGHLY recommend buying ANYTHING from Varghesep. I've had several deals with him and all have been SUPER!!!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2007 at 12:14am
If you want some unique Chinese LPs/OX . . . let me know.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2007 at 12:53am

You need to loop the underspin ball. You can create a low arc loop for the heavy underspin ball. Dont try to find a rubber which can cover your weekness. I loop with both LP and inverted rubber irrespective of the amout of underspin - does not mean I don't make any mistakes. If you are a hitter, try to practice hitting the balls on the rise or at peak - the heavy underspin will not effect you much.

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2007 at 8:08pm
Generally long pips without sponge are better for blockers, since they are slower and offer more spin reversal. For choppers a thin sponge gives a bit more dwell time and offers more opportunity to manipulate the spin.

As usually there are expception to the rule.... I personally prefer a thin sponge ~0.5mm as a good comprimise....
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
tstt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tstt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2007 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Generally long pips without sponge are better for blockers, since they are slower and offer more spin reversal. For choppers a thin sponge gives a bit more dwell time and offers more opportunity to manipulate the spin.

As usually there are expception to the rule.... I personally prefer a thin sponge ~0.5mm as a good comprimise....
Personally i would choose either OX or 1.0sponge.
The former for near table, the latter..far off.
tstt
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/23/2007 at 8:41pm

Yes, it's up to personal preferance, and the type of long pimple rubber makes quite a difference too.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic