Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How to protect your rubbers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
George.Storm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George.Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to protect your rubbers?
    Posted: 09/25/2007 at 9:01am
Hi,
I am just about to buy my first proper bat with proper rubbers (Mark V and LKT pro XT), and I was wondering what is the best method to protect the bat and its rubbers, in terms opf making the rubbers keep their spin etc for as long as possible?
I have a bat case, which it will go in, but are there other methods?

Thanks........
Sponsored Links

minicd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minicd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2007 at 9:07am
 to cover it ,i have always use this, i have mine for a few years already, as long as you keep it maintain also, you can rejuvinate it, just make sure that the rubber isnt wet when you put it on,http://www.americantabletennis.com/get_item_do5+fpf_formula-protection-film.htm
for spray, you can use yasaka cleaner, clean sterile water, butterfly spray, or any other recomended cleaner for your rubber
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2007 at 9:27am
It is very important that you need to buy a paddle case. Use the following link to look for the best one. Keep the paddle in the case whenever you dont play.

While you play as well as between plays, use plain water to clean the surface of the rubber (not blade). Wipe the rubber with a towel. After a while it will become a habbit and you will find the rubber in great condition. Once every two - three weeks, use a rubber cleaner to clean the rubber if the rubber is tacky. If the rubber is not really tacky, use the rubber solution four - five weeks. You can buy rubber cleaners from

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George.Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2007 at 10:36am
Hi,,
Thanks, I already have a case, it is one shaped like a bat.
So I should clean it with warm/cold water?
And just wipe it with a cloth?
And those rubber protectors, do you put them on, and then put the bat in the case?

Thanks........
caigichaduoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caigichaduoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2007 at 12:11pm
Not with warm water, pal. I used to use warm water to clean my Magna but after nearly 1 month the surface was almost gone.
 Use cold one and wipe tenderly with a proper sponge. In case the playing ground is a little bit dirty you should clean the surface after each game. A protective film is ok however cleaning spray is too luxurious. Just my 5 cents.
AVX Tosios
FH: Giant Dragon Karate Soft
BH: Palio Blitz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George.Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2007 at 1:39pm
Hi,
Thanks, ok, but do I put the protective things on, and then put the bat in my case?

Thanks............
In_this_pace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote In_this_pace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2007 at 1:51pm
My friend has a habit of cleaning his Sriver L with a strong tea ))))
It`s not as it returns or saves the tackiness much, but it removes those small pieces of dirt and dust very good and helps rubber to stay relatively clean longer
BTY Lapuhta ALL+
FH: Mark V 2.0 black
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/25/2007 at 2:04pm
wow!! sounds like vitamin.

i'm sure little aloe vera and egg knock will make it even interesting. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic