FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Chinese Cheap rubber Vs Expensive rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese Cheap rubber Vs Expensive rubbers
    Posted: 10/05/2007 at 1:18pm

What you guys' opinion about cheap rubbers from RITC Friendship 729, Gambler etc... Do they have quality?

Sponsored Links

cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2007 at 8:39pm
I would recommend H3 = hurricane 3 from DHS. If you check on the forums, you'll notice that they are very popular. And the professional versions (provincial) are still lower than a regular shriver rubber. Check out my postings as I also have some for sale.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2007 at 8:45pm
The prices are often not reflected in the quality, and it varies from brand to brand, and even rubber to rubber... Can't make a general statement about it, it depends on which specific rubber.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2007 at 9:06pm
haggisv can i seal a blade with any hairspray? mine doesnt have polymer acrylates..
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2007 at 9:33pm
I am currently using SST God-Favored and I am satisfied with the quality and performance.  I have not found any sheet that suits my fh loop better than SST GF.  And the chinese type sponges hold the glue effect longer than japanese type sponges. 
I was using Focus II before this and the quality was good.

Previously I used HII and H III which had good enough quality, but there was sometimes differences in sponge hardness from batch top batch. 

What I have noticed is that the top sheet on Chinese type rubber shows wear more quickly than a Mendo MP or Mark V top sheet.  This does not necessarily mean the top sheet is worn out as soon as it begins to show signs of wear.  But I can see how some folks would associate the worn look with lower quality.

I have also used 729 SP and 802-40 with 35 degree sponge, both good sheets, and the 802-40 was as good as any spinny pips out sheet I have tried from any company.
YEO

Boost TP
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2007 at 11:16pm
No way varghesep!!!  the chinese companies don't add the exensive stuff in their rubber formulation and save that money .... ;)

Why do you think everything you wear, use buy is made of china ? The country's economy is the factor... it doesn't take gold and silver to make a ruber formulation better. it's  just the labor (cheap).. the volume (china has a very large domestic market) ... and govt. subsidized research that decides cost.

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/2007 at 11:35pm
cost? nah doesnt matter rlly, my 729 transcend is kicking butt on my bh
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 12:59am
Everyone in China plays TT, so all the companies have to undercut each other to sell rubbers. This isn't like in Europe where only a few companies actually produce the rubbers, China has a lot of factories.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
PP Dui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PP Dui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 1:30am
I have  tried H3, H2, Inspirit, 729 series, they are all very good if you get used to them.  I also tried 999t1, it was a $4 rubber, but with a fast blade, it works very well.  All those rubbers are very good for close to table attack or loop, and can also produce tons of spin.  plus that they last much longer than the many times expensive rubbers, i v seen friends have the same sheet for 2 years by playing on a weekly bases and still working well for them (BTW they dont glue)
funplay, enjoy the game
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 1:35am
if 1 billion ppl in china bought 1 rubber...god look at the profits!!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 1:44am

i agree with all you guys ... i was kidding with varghese's question.

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 1:49am
u agree about the billion ppl thingy?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 1:53am
absolutely ... and i also believe the one rubber thigy too.. since they play only one side ..;)
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 2:13am
hahaha good point

i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 3:53am

chinese rubbers are really good for their price

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 5:33am

Play with whatever suits your style. If you are lucky and the Chinese stuff is right for you then TT will be much cheaper. I use 729 Transcend SP on FH and God Favored SP on BH and have never had any real quality issues. My game was just waiting for me to discover Chinese rubbers.

Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 8:39am
I have found the friendship rubbers to be good quality, globe and palio also.I would not buy euro or japanese rubbers any more. total rip off, mind u they are a lot cheaper in the u.s than europe.
There are lots of grippy or half tacky soft/medium sponge rubbers made by chinese manufacturers now so its relatively easy to find what you want without shelling out on an expensive jap or euro rubber.
Fraziel,
blade- tibhar samsonov alpha
rubber, FH- palio cj8000 on canon 1.8 mm 40 sponge, BH- same
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 1:15pm

I can understand the fact that a lot of stuff we buy in the US has �Made In China� tag, and can buy for cheap. But that does not mean the Chinese products have the same quality comparing to one made in the US.

I was thinking the quality as (1) durability of the top sheet (how long you can use) (2) the speed, spin and control parameters have been measured in the quality lab and it is true as it states (3) the performance being consistent for all the shorts (4) the durability and performance of the sponge.

The world top players mostly use Chinese rubbers from companies such as 729, DHS. Are they using the same 729 rubber that we get in the US market or other countries for less than $20? I don�t think so � the players get the high quality rubbers.

I think rubbers from companies like Butterfly, Donic or Stiga go through extra process while the Chinese rubbers do not.
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

I can understand the fact that a lot of stuff we buy in the US has �Made In China� tag, and can buy for cheap. But that does not mean the Chinese products have the same quality comparing to one made in the US.

I was thinking the quality as (1) durability of the top sheet (how long you can use) (2) the speed, spin and control parameters have been measured in the quality lab and it is true as it states (3) the performance being consistent for all the shorts (4) the durability and performance of the sponge.

The world top players mostly use Chinese rubbers from companies such as 729, DHS. Are they using the same 729 rubber that we get in the US market or other countries for less than $20? I don�t think so � the players get the high quality rubbers.

I think rubbers from companies like Butterfly, Donic or Stiga go through extra process while the Chinese rubbers do not.

Durability of top sheets varies from sheet to sheet.  Sonnex JP lasts me  one week and costs $20+ more than most Chinese sheets which last longer.  Extra process = $20+ more and a shorter life span.

Speed, spin & control are very relative to personal preference.  Lab results don't mean much if the rubber does not perform for you with the strokes you use and the blade you place the sheets on.  Yes, rubber performance is dependent on the blade you mount it on and whether or not you speed glue, and the type of stroke you use.

Sponge durability would go to the Chinese sponges, hands down, imo.  Sponge performance?  I like harder sponges on the fh, Chinese sheets have this, so do Japanese sheets, and harder sponges last longer than soft ones. 
With speed glue I don't find that either type of sponge lasts significantly longer than the other, and this is not really important as so few top sheets out last the sponge, except on some tensor sheets and really soft sponged sheets, which you cannot purchase separately (top sheet and sponge) anyway.

Overall consistent performance?  Not much of an issue with 729, and seemingly less so with DHS.

Top players get high quality rubbers?  This is true with both types, don't be decieved.

All that matters is that you are satisfied with the performance of the sheets you get, and the price you pay.

YEO

Boost TP
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 2:45pm

Thanks. Do Chinese companies manufacture soft sponges?

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 3:29pm

Thanks. Do Chinese companies manufacture soft sponges?

Yes, they do, but I don't currently use them, and can't offer much info about them.  The Gambler six shooter has soft sponge, and the mrs and reactor sponges always felt soft to me.

This might be a good point for one or more of the dealers of such equipment to speak to the point?

Here are some reviews of Chinese type sheets:

http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/new_page_2.htm

YEO

Boost TP
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 3:33pm

I was checking the prices of brands like Stiga and Stag. They are between $20 and $30. Aren't they Japanese?

JigglyPuff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JigglyPuff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 4:56pm
i don't even consider any rubbers besides chinese ones since they're so affordable.  and i think technique is much more valuable than equipment, but don't get me wrong, playing with dead rubbers is useless too
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 6:04pm

I was checking the prices of brands like Stiga and Stag. They are between $20 and $30. Aren't they Japanese?

Stag rubbers at PP; one is german, one is chinese, one is from india, and the $30 one is from japan.

Some stiga products are low cost, but what about performance?  Many of them are unknown performers and by the ratings given almost certainly would lack power, though some of them may be to your liking.  Some people have complained about the acs sponges of stiga sheets being inconsistent and the acs top sheets don't give spin over the table, except magna, which sometimes tears when looping. 
The mendo series of sheets have been lowering in price lately while other some other companies sheets have been raising in price, I wonder if they are going to be discontinued?
YEO

Boost TP
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 10:06pm
I've heard that Stag has a partnership with a company in India. I have used a brand called Nisaku while I was in India, so has not used the brand stag. I will question the quality of rubber in India unless it says "export quality". Like Chinese rubbers, the recreational players need only stag.
Fraziel View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fraziel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 11:24am
You can buy most chinese rubbers from zeropong or presports.com for between $12 and $14 a sheet.A typical jap or euro sheet in the U.K is $40-$60 a sheet. Bearing that in mind why would anyone buy jap/euro sheets?
the chinese stuff is, pretty much, good quality now. sponge and top sheets.
Stiga is swedish and has a reputation for very good quality. I dont know why anyone would say otherwise.I just dont like the type of rubbers they produce.
Fraziel,
blade- tibhar samsonov alpha
rubber, FH- palio cj8000 on canon 1.8 mm 40 sponge, BH- same
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 1:11pm
"Stiga is swedish and has a reputation for very good quality. I dont know why anyone would say otherwise."

Maybe they speak from experience?
YEO

Boost TP
drywater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drywater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 8:03am
ive used ritc lkt xp pro and 729 focus 3... they both seem to do the job but i think they dont last as long as the more expensive rubbers
ErikaT View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErikaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 10:07am
i think is just about the company of the brand, like the items from China is not as gd as japan

for eg i hav a TG3 and sriver El from june till now
played less than 30 times
TG3 hav small cracks already while the El is still ok la
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 10:13am
If by quality you mean durability, I think chinese rubbers win that category. The cheaper they are, the longer they probably last too because of hard sponge, and hard topsheet. That 7$ 729 Friendship sheet seems to last some of the older gentlemen at the club a lifetime.

In terms of feel, they don't compare - at all. lkt xp, destroyer, friendship with all the "soft" terms and "feel" terms in the description doesn't come close.
Feels dead, may as well use a hard sponge rubber. They do the job, but take the fun out for me. So I end up paying the higher prices...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic