Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darker 7P-2A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Darker 7P-2A
    Posted: 10/06/2007 at 9:53pm
Aloha,

Just ordered this blade from iruiru.com: Darker 7P-2A
I am hoping it will be somewhere in-between my Dawei Wavestone and BTY Primorac OFF- speed wise, and hoping that it has more feel than Wavestone, more speed than Pimorac OFF-.

It is a seven ply all wood (hinoki) blade.
I am all-around attacker
Using Joola Energy Gp now on FH and I like it. BH I am experimenting.
I like non-tacky rubbers. Softer sponges preferred.

Question:
I am wondering what rubber might be good with this blade?
I ordered joola Mambo 2.0 both sides to try out on this blades, what do you think?

Sponsored Links

alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2007 at 10:07pm
not tried the 7p-2a but for a year I used 7p-2a-7t which is I believe a bit faster,it is fast and great for SP players.
      The 7p-2a will without doubt be faster than the Primorac and closer to the Weavestone,they are very very good at blocking and block placement and with glue they are good looping blades but without glue you will need a soft rubber.
                  The blade is very stable in the short game with any rubber I tried,if you don't glue then try a rubber a couple degrees softer than you used on the Primorac and you will be ok.
     not tried mambo so don't know
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 3:37am
Thx Alfie,

I got the Darker in the mail today. Nice blade 85 grams.
Glued Mambo 2.0 both sides. It is 35 degrees...pretty soft.

Can't wait for TT night thursday.

1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 10:21pm
BUMP: Is Darker a very popular brand? I had read that it is a great blade manufacturer. I love the build quality and the grains of the wood are so perfect. I would love to hear any speculation on rubber for a 7 ply all wood blade.
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2007 at 10:57pm
It's a great looping blade too, if you paired it up with some medium-soft rubbers.

I think alfie is right.  I saw two SP players at my club use 7P-2A and 5P-2A blades.
jinhocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinhocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2007 at 5:31pm
dauntless... DARKER suppose to be the best blade among Japanese blades... it has highest quality and good reputation... I love theirs...
jinhocha
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2007 at 9:30pm
I will try it this Thursday. I hope the Mambo works well.
I will post how this combo pairs up IMO.
Thanks for the replies.
BTW- what medium hard rubber would you suggest? Like a Sriver EL?
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 5:32pm
Not to go too far from the topic but, being a EJ, I am looking at a Darker Speed 90. http://auction1.paipai.com/DC1BAB2100000000005C3598011CD44C?PTAG=10.1.61
Is this price high or OK?
Shmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 6:32pm
I think the price is in Chinese Yuan, so it works out to be about $160 USD.....which is a little expensive.
thethinker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thethinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 6:55pm
With a little help from someone, I was able to convert that 1180yuan into $157USD. Compare that with iruiru's 1440yen which is $123USD.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2007 at 7:49pm
Shopping at iruiru.com was a great experience. Communication is a little on the "light" side, but he says why right up front that English is not his primary language. I would definately buy again from them, despite higher shipping costs: which are offset in most cases by the less expensive prices for blades and sometimes rubber. In addition, I felt they really listened to my requests: nice grain, nice grain on handle, blade between 85-90 grams. I got a beauty, handle so nice and grain perfect. Weight is 85 grams.

9.9 out of 10 stars for shopping; 0.1 deducted for shipping costs/language issues. (in other words non-issues)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic