Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xiom Omega I and II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
penguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Omega I and II
    Posted: 10/10/2007 at 4:00am
Hey everyone

Has anyone tried either one of these yet ? I'm planning to get some but I'm not sure which is better suited to me. Currently I've got F1 and F2, but I don't like the F2 so much. Basically I want something similar to the F1.

From looking at the Xiom charts its pretty much useless in helping me to decide.

I just want to know the speed and hardness of both of these rubbers. Since the Omega III is made for Speed glue absorption, I would suspect that has a very soft sponge.
Sponsored Links

asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 4:09am
you are not supposed to use with the Omega range

asr1990
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 4:25am
I've got some Omega II, have yet to try it. Sponge is harder than F2, more like F1 but perhaps slightly harder. Not sure yet.

Omega III is meant to be used with speedglue. Apparently they'll replace it at a later date.
Potato Face
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 4:31am
what blade are you using right now?

one ply hinoki jpen?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 4:40am
i think f1 is 45 degrees, f2 is 40 degrees..

omega 1 is 45 degrees, and omega 2 is 47.5 degrees...

if you would just look for hardness, omega 1 would be better choice...

pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 4:40am
I have used the Omega 1.

It has a very nice arc when topspining, when the ball bounces it kicks of the table. Its 45 degree sponge on the Omega 1, and 47.5 degree on Omega 2.

The omega 1 is harder than plasma 430, yet control is about the same, very high quality topsheet, but again dont expect it not break away at the edges, Its a problem with most of the inbuilt speed glue effect rubbers I've tried.

The only one so far that seems to have solved the problem is the New Impuls Speed by andro.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 4:43am
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

The only one so far that seems to have solved the problem is the New Impuls Speed by andro.

should try bryce speed...

it seems lasts lot longer than plasma, nimbus omega series... 
penguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 8:31am
Thanks guys, if thats the case then I'll try Omega 1 since its slightly softer than the II.

Bryce speed is japanese and I don't think it will provide me with the same tensor feeling I get now from a F1.

I'm using a Firehand atm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 9:15am

yeah... bryce speed feels different than omega, plasma, nimbus...

rest of tensor rubbers..
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 9:20am

I have used the Omega 1.

It has a very nice arc when topspining, when the ball bounces it kicks of the table. Its 45 degree sponge on the Omega 1, and 47.5 degree on Omega 2.

The omega 1 is harder than plasma 430, yet control is about the same, very high quality topsheet, but again dont expect it not break away at the edges, Its a problem with most of the inbuilt speed glue effect rubbers I've tried.

Hey Rob, how'd you feel about the spin of the Omega I? Btw, I recieved my order on Tuesday, which makes it ONE DAY DELIVERY!!! kudos to you! Clap
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 10:04am
Originally posted by gekogark1212 gekogark1212 wrote:

I have used the Omega 1.

Hey Rob, how'd you feel about the spin of the Omega I? Btw, I recieved my order on Tuesday, which makes it ONE DAY DELIVERY!!! kudos to you! Clap

Well I found that I get more spin with the Omega 1, not sure why.
In the Catalogue, they say that it has a higher flying Arc, and they are right, My practicing partner said the the balls kicked after they hit the table.

Having said that, I feel that its a little to hard for me, And have gone back to a softer Plasma.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
kingnike12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingnike12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 9:09pm
I currently use the Omega I right now on my darker. It is an awesome rubber. You can get plenty of topspin with it. I feel that I can block well with the rubber and close to table topspin is really good. The only problem I am having is that pieces from the edges do tend to break. Other than that minor problem the rubber is awesome. 
Blades:

OSP Virtuoso M-size
FH: SunnySix Sunny7
BH: Gewo Hype KR Yoo Nam Gyu

Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2007 at 9:12pm
all the tensor rubbers edge tend to tear out easily...
nimbus, plasma, omega... and more...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic