Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nittaku Combi-Wood Attack blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
agtom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Combi-Wood Attack blade
    Posted: 10/11/2007 at 11:41am
Hello Everyone!

Could someone please tell me which side of the subject blade is faster and which is slower based on the orientation of that black label on the side of the handle?

Thanks in advance.

-agtom
Sponsored Links

Shmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 11:58am
Maybe I'm just ignorant, but shouldn't the speed be the same.  The rubber you use on the respective sides, to me, would have a greater impact on speed and spin. 
tuco View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tuco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Shmo Shmo wrote:

Maybe I'm just ignorant, but shouldn't the speed be the same.  The rubber you use on the respective sides, to me, would have a greater impact on speed and spin. 

I have heard of blades that have different outer veneer of both sides that give different speed/characteristics on both sides.  I did not know Nittaku has one though.
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 9:08pm
Where did you see it ? I cannot find it at iruiru website.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2007 at 9:50pm
It's an old model.  Probably hard to find now.
agtom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2007 at 8:49pm
The "Combi" part is there for a reason.  Nittaku used to have two versions - Attack and Defense of this Combi-Wood model.  I bought the first one some time in 1997 or 1998.  I am not a re-gluer type of player, so the rubber was there, got old, and when I decided to replace it, I didn't mark which side I had the faster rubber (Nittaku Magic Carbon) on.  I think I guessed it right when glued back, but I'd like to make sure.  Getting old...
I believe, Nittaku started making these blades in the first half of 1980's.  Not sure if they were the first ones to come up with such a design.  Now several manufacturer's employ it.  I've found one guy on the Net (http://mysite.verizon.net/jack.miller41/index.html), who makes custom blades per client specs, at least this is what he claims he does.  A bunch of his blades are "combi's".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic