Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blutenkirsche B4007

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
benjy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blutenkirsche B4007
    Posted: 10/17/2007 at 1:34pm
Just want to know about this blade Blutenkirsche B4007 Penhold blade its very cheap compared to the other 1 ply hinoki blades whats the difference between this blade and all the others, for the very big price gap, Thanks
Sponsored Links

Shmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2007 at 1:48pm
Not bad.... 10.2mm, but at 110 grams this may be a little too heavy, which means the drying process/period may not compare to the best hinoki wood blades ie Darker or Kokutaku.  This may explain the price difference.  I can't see the wood grain pattern so I can't comment on it.  Lastly, you may want to play test the blade so you can determine how it stacks up to the better hinoki blades.  This would really determine its worth/value.
benjy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2007 at 4:57am
Any more views on this please
micloi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2007 at 3:59pm
Just ordered one from Presports. Will let you know how good it is!
BLADE
Nittaku Violin J-Pen round head
FOREHAND:
-2.0mm Dr. Neubauer Pistol Short Pips
BACKHAND:
-Friendship 837 OX Long Pips
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2007 at 11:26am
Originally posted by benjy55 benjy55 wrote:

Judging from B4005 and B4006 (having larger picture), the wood appears to be somewhat of lower quality Hinoki by looking at grain lines spacing, straightness, thickness, etc.  The wood of that quality is usually used to make the inner plies in the multi-ply blade construction.  I can't really tell whether it's made from the real Japanese Hinoki or some Cypress variants.

Value-wise and think it's good, for �20 shipped to UK.  If you are not ready to invest on a 1-ply Jpen that costs twice as much, then I think B4007 is good choice.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/2007 at 11:27am
get a 1 ply balsa instead lol
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

benjy55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjy55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 8:43pm
micloi have u had your blade yet whats it like, thanks
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 9:22pm
According to my opinion, price depends very much on the quality of the wood. I would not buy a single ply hinoki blade without seeing the pictures of the grain on the blade face and on the topside (thickness) of the blade that I am going to buy. Then I should be informed about the exact weight. I would suggest you to do the same before buying.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

micloi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2007 at 7:20am

micloi have u had your blade yet whats it like, thanks

Blade should arrive by Tuesday/Wednesday. I will try it at practice on Thursday then and let you know. I also ordered B2005 (1-PLY Cpen) and B3005 (1-PLY Shakehand). Both of these are 1-PLY BUT NOT Hinoki so I will test all 3 and compare between them and also between my Darker Speed-90.
BLADE
FOREHAND:
BACKHAND:
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/03/2007 at 11:29am
That would be great Micloi.
I noted that you have 2 Darker Speed 90. Do they have the same weight and do you feel any difference between the two ?
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

micloi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 4:54am
I only weighted the one and it is 90g. I put the rubbers on the other before I got the scale and do not want to remove them but they should be approx the same weight as the one I did not weight with JUIC 1.5 Offense Ultima Short Pips and 1.5 729 FX Supersoft has a total weight is 151g and around 60g for those 2 rubbers seems about right.
BLADE
FOREHAND:
BACKHAND:
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by GenomicsKnight GenomicsKnight wrote:

Judging from B4005 and B4006 (having larger picture), the wood appears to be somewhat of lower quality Hinoki by looking at grain lines spacing, straightness, thickness, etc.  The wood of that quality is usually used to make the inner plies in the multi-ply blade construction.  I can't really tell whether it's made from the real Japanese Hinoki or some Cypress variants.

Value-wise and think it's good, for �20 shipped to UK.  If you are not ready to invest on a 1-ply Jpen that costs twice as much, then I think B4007 is good choice.

So what do you look for in terms of how the grain looks? What indicates the best quality? I've got a few of these blades at home, and would like to look into this...

Cheers!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 9:39pm
The ideal single ply hinoki for me :
1. Weight max 80 grams.
2. Thickness min. 9 mm, max about 10 mm.
3. Grain must be straight.
4. If possible spacing between grains should be as uniform as possible (which is difficult).
5. Grain must be tight .
6. Uniform colour.
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2007 at 6:22pm
Thanks aeoliah, I'll check it out...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic