Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom Rubbers and Combos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kopenhagen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kopenhagen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Rubbers and Combos
    Posted: 11/01/2007 at 9:41pm

Have any of you guys tried out the Xiom rubbers? What are they like? Also, what are some good pairings for the stratavarious for a looper/technical player? Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links

T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2007 at 10:07pm
i've heard stratavarious is better with non tensor rubbers...

pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 12:53am
Well I'm not sure about that, The stradavarious is a Carbo/Aramid Blade, I also use a Carbo Aramid Blade (Andro Carbo/Aramid), and I can tell you that the Xiom Omega 1 is absolutely perfect on that Blade, and I have also sold the same rubber to an OFF wood Blade player as well.

I tried the Omega 1, on an All+ wood blade, and it did not feel nice - In fact a very big differance. One was average, and the other Fantastic.

I think its all about the feeling. Any everyones Differant, I didn't think I would like the Omega 1 as its 45degree sponge is a little harder than what I'm used to, But its Nice on my current Blade. (Very Nice)
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 1:15am
I don't have a Strad but use andro impuls speed max on my Xiom control 3 FH and it's very nice,the best tensor I have used.BH I use sriver FX
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
Halibass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halibass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 2:01am
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Well I'm not sure about that, The stradavarious is a Carbo/Aramid Blade, I also use a Carbo Aramid Blade (Andro Carbo/Aramid), and I can tell you that the Xiom Omega 1 is absolutely perfect on that Blade, and I have also sold the same rubber to an OFF wood Blade player as well.I tried the Omega 1, on an All+ wood blade, and it did not feel nice - In fact a very big differance. One was average, and the other Fantastic.I think its all about the feeling. Any everyones Differant, I didn't think I would like the Omega 1 as its 45degree sponge is a little harder than what I'm used to, But its Nice on my current Blade. (Very Nice)

I've tried looking at the Xiom website and I still can't tell the main differences between the Omega 1, 2, and 3. Can you give a brief description of them? Which one would compare to a Plasma 430? Are the Omegas more/less durable? Tacky? Thanks!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 9:57am
The Omega 1 has a 45 degree Sponge, the Omega 2 has a 47.5 degree sponge. Both are tensor Bios - speed glue incorperated.

Omega 3 is tradition rubber that can be speed glued. It has a hard sponge.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

speed_king View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 11:28am
In past I play with Bryce on Stradivarius. I am now for last half year play with Sriver EL max, and for my play close to the table is better than Bryce. Bryce is for mid distance. I udont understand why Schlager use Bryce. Probably because he play blocks close to the table. My club friend use on Stradivarius Yasaka Mark V max, and he is very happy. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Well I'm not sure about that, The stradavarious is a Carbo/Aramid Blade, I also use a Carbo Aramid Blade (Andro Carbo/Aramid), and I can tell you that the Xiom Omega 1 is absolutely perfect on that Blade, and I have also sold the same rubber to an OFF wood Blade player as well.

blades with same material will have all different feelings and plays different

doesn't mean both stradavarious and your andro blade should be same..

honestly, i haven't tried stradavarious, so i don't know how it will play,

but when i see people in korea,

they don't recommend or like to play with tensor rubbers on stradavarious...

they will says it's defenately bad idea to play with pro.z rsm on stradavarous,

which is also 45 degrees tensor rubber from xiom...

but they also say other tensor rubbers are "NOT BAD"

I haven't seen any one using tensor on stra and says it was great...

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 12:53pm
stradavarious is similar to timo ball spirit,

which means bryce or sriver could be a good rubbers to play with..
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by T  h  e  N  A M T h e N A M wrote:

[blades with same material will have all different feelings and plays different

doesn't mean both stradavarious and your andro blade should be same..

honestly, i haven't tried stradavarious, so i don't know how it will play,

but when i see people in korea,

they don't recommend or like to play with tensor rubbers on stradavarious...

they will says it's defenately bad idea to play with pro.z rsm on stradavarous,

which is also 45 degrees tensor rubber from xiom...

but they also say other tensor rubbers are "NOT BAD"

I haven't seen any one using tensor on stra and says it was great...

Yes You are right about blades with the same material can feel different, Just to prove that The startavarious works with true Tensor rubbers, I will post a video on my forum, with me hitting with a stratavarious & Andro Impuls speed, and Xiom Omega 1 - Both true tensors out of Germany.

asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by speed_king speed_king wrote:

In past I play with Bryce on Stradivarius. I am now for last half year play with Sriver EL max, and for my play close to the table is better than Bryce. Bryce is for mid distance. I udont understand why Schlager use Bryce. Probably because he play blocks close to the table. My club friend use on Stradivarius Yasaka Mark V max, and he is very happy. 

no offense mate, but schlager does not block at will, he loops very well and very powerfully and Bryce is great for close to the table relooping and it is also good from mid-distance as well,

asr1990
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by asr1990 asr1990 wrote:

Originally posted by speed_king speed_king wrote:

no offense mate, but schlager does not block at will, he loops very well and very powerfully and Bryce is great for close to the table relooping and it is also good from mid-distance as well,

asr1990

This is all true, ASR, but Schlager uses tons of glue, and his rubber will feel nothing like what your Bryce FX feels like.

Plasma & Omega will more more similar, than unglued Bryce FX or Bryce.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic