FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I chopped up Dr. Neubauer!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I chopped up Dr. Neubauer!
    Posted: 11/02/2007 at 1:25am
I bought two Dr. Neubauer Bulldozers, tried one, like it, but found it a bit too heavy. So, I made a standard size template, got out the power tools and created a new, lightweight standard size Doc. I also shortened the handle. The angle of the pic makes it look uneven, but it's actually dead on straight. It used to be 90 grams. Now it's under 80. I haven't glued up yet, but I will this weekend. BTW, the new one is up for sale on another post of mine. This is a really cheap way to have a high-priced top of the line balsa blade that has some pop to it!! I can't wait to do some spanking.

20071102_012231_Docs.gif
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

Blockade View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 1:32am
That's a huge b.... (blade)!
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 1:55am
Great title!Tongue Nice job on the blade!
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 2:05am
With a cork handle and it still weighs 90g, it must be some thick blade.  Nice work you have done there.  The outer ply looks like pine wood.  How thick is the core?  Is it balsa?
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 2:36am
excellent job, isee aweseom symmetry and no wonkiness lol. keeping in mind ive never touched a power tool in my life, ecept for 8th grade when making a toy formula 1 car.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

TTReactor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTReactor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 8:44am
Wow, This is great job my friend, I want it...Ha ha ha...
Exclusive Table Tennis Gear & Official Distributor
http://www.TTReactor.homestead.com
James JH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James JH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 9:23am
haha great job!! 
Blade: Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 64
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 10:16am
that's just INSANE. But good job. Btw was the handle really shortened? I'm sure some of us might have aleady said to ourselves...."I want that!".
Just on aside, I guess u just created another "nonsense" post/threads which, to some ppl/users here if u might still recall, is just "Useless, trivial and unnecessary"...
But then again, u r Tzai....
Man....u really bulldozed this 1 into a smaller/regular sized blade...
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2007 at 11:51am
Thanks for the thumbs-up my friends. I'm kinda proud of this one. It looks even better in person. The pic is from an angle and makes one side looks different, but it's dead on. I made a template from my Clipper and cut to that with a jig saw, then used a pad sander with fine grade paper, followed by hand sanding with a extra fine grade sanding sponge. Finally, I sealed it. To shorten the handle I layed the blade flat on my TT Table and sanded it down with the sander. I wasn't sure what would happend when sanding the cork, but it worked.

The inner ply is balsa.

It's light now . . . maybe even under 80grams. It was too freakin' heavy for me and the handle was made for Big Foot. Not any more!!!!
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic