Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Where to buy a scale to weigh blades+rubbers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to buy a scale to weigh blades+rubbers?
    Posted: 11/04/2007 at 10:50am
I need a new scale. Anyone know where's a good place to buy one at a good price?
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 11:13am

maybe home-depot? or try a crafts store

Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 11:16am
Last time I asked for a scale that measured grams they looked at me like I was a drug dealer!
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 11:49am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

I need a new scale. Anyone know where's a good place to buy one at a good price?

I bought one from Target.  It's called Chefmate 3-in-1 Digital scale.  Make sure you pick one that can weigh in both ounces and grams.  It costs $29.99 (tax not included).
jctlee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jctlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 2:42pm
Get a kitchen scale. Usually digital and cost around 30.
Wawaicetea123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wawaicetea123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Last time I asked for a scale that measured grams they looked at me like I was a drug dealer!
hahahah i forgot to mention that
Kreanga Aeros ST
FH: Tenergy 05 Red 2.1
BH: Flarestorm II Black 2.1
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 3:33pm
I wonder if Linens+Things has it? Or, Staples? I have a store credit there. Thanks.
Trebor Renkluaf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trebor Renkluaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 3:48pm
Besides kitchen scales you can use postal scales - Staples, Office Depot, etc.
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha
FH: Rapid 2.0
BH: Rapid 2.0

Blade: Stiga Hans Alser - 1983
FH: Yasaka Mark V Max
BH: Yasaka Mark V Max
Shmo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 5:34pm
You can buy a digital scale, used for weighing gem stones in ct, oz & grams accurate to one decimal place, on eBay for under $20.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 6:50pm
I have a "LS-40 My Weigh" desktop scale. I have been using for few years, and is very good. It has gram and oz. You can switch between weight.

Just search the net for "My Weigh". You may find one in ebay.

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 8:37pm
If u were as good looking as myelf, u could go to ur corner store postal outlet to bother those old ladies, if any, to bother/ask them to weigh ur blades or combos for u for free...And she/they always said to me, after the weigh-in, "there u go, honey/sweetie! Would there be anyth'n else, dear?" I normally get this chore done for FREE!
sunnyloop View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnyloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 9:12pm

Check out "American Weigh" brand digital scale at:

I got one a while ago for only $10 (250g @ 0.1g)
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by tiehwen tiehwen wrote:

If u were as good looking as myelf, u could go to ur corner store postal outlet to bother those old ladies, if any, to bother/ask them to weigh ur blades or combos for u for free...And she/they always said to me, after the weigh-in, "there u go, honey/sweetie! Would there be anyth'n else, dear?" I normally get this chore done for FREE!

Problem is you have to make sure that the old ladies are there when you need them, otherwise you will go there for nothingBig%20smile. The best would be to have one digital scale for ourselves.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 10:15pm

@ Aeoliah..that was meant to be a silly joke. I happened to know that old lady for years n years. I know when she's on/off duty. I also happen to have a kitchen scale from CanadianTires. Also we have a digital scale in our office.

T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2007 at 10:19pm
just get any scale that gives you oz, and convert it to gram..

just multiply oz with 28.3495

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2007 at 4:43am
arts and crafts store
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2007 at 8:49am
I bought mine on ebay for like $25 shipped. They've been working now for 3 years.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
robjkc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robjkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2007 at 10:34am
I bought this  scale from oldwillknottscales and have been very happy with it.  I ordered mine with the calibration weight.  The guy who sold it to me was very knowledgeable and shipping was fast.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic