Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Survivor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
penguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Survivor
    Posted: 11/14/2007 at 6:08am
Hey Guys

I want to find out whats the longest lasting non-Chinese rubber out there. At the moment I've only found that a few butterfly rubbers that really last.

Heres my favorites: Sriver series, Any of the Butterfly High tension series except for Sriver G2.

I'm not a buttefly fan, but sadly they are the only ones that churn out stuff that fits my bill. Are there any others that I've not discovered yet?
Sponsored Links

asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2007 at 6:24am
Sriver Series are definitely durable

Mark V

Mendo

asr1990
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2007 at 7:29am
Sriver EL or G2 from the  Sriver serie's and Stiga Mendo MP is quite durable and Stiga Almana Sound is verygood, but the rubber I like most for durability is Joola Laser
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
penguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2007 at 8:27am
The sriver topsheet seems to be especially durable but in return the touch isn't particularly great due to the thickness of the topsheet. MarkV didn't seem to last long for me, the topsheet faded really fast. I've got Mendo MP and after one day of play I can see some marks on the centre of the topsheet so that makes me wonder.

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2007 at 8:46am
Definitely Yasaka Mark V
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2007 at 11:21am
I'm not sure what he is using, but my the owner of my table tennis club has been using the same rubber for nearing twenty years.  The rubber is still very tacky and lively.
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2007 at 11:54am
Bryce FX, the Mark V family, Mendo MP, Cermet lasts a long time, i know a lot of guys that have been using Juic 999 for a long time
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2007 at 12:12pm
I had two Sriver FX put on my blade in about 1991, then played with them for for about 4 years, then put it in a case and quit playing until 2007. Took it out of  the case and it was still quite playable; granted after 4 years of rather intense practice and tournaments they have deteriorated somewhat and the grip was not the same but it kept for 16 years!

I guess that's why Butterfly's prices are pretty high; I wonder if JUIC's prices are justified as well... anybody here with a long lasting Spinspiel ?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
rodewan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodewan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2007 at 1:39am

out of my experience (limited,~6yrs), id say nittaku narucross and butterfly sriver were the longest lasting rubbers i had.

bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2007 at 1:40am
Does Hammond Pro Alpha have a long life?
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
yakov zhest View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yakov zhest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2007 at 3:51pm
I like Stiga Innova Ultralight..served me over a year.Does not cost too much.Something like 24$ per sheet.Good performance
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic