Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XIOM CONTROL ALL+, Kiso Hinoki, Aramid-Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mcd0nald View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcd0nald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XIOM CONTROL ALL+, Kiso Hinoki, Aramid-Carbon
    Posted: 11/21/2007 at 6:50pm
has any1 tried this blade?

can you please share some ideas about this blade ?

Timo Boll Spirit
FH: NEO H3 Prov 38 degree (BLACK)
BH: XIOM Vega Asia (RED)
Sponsored Links

alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2007 at 10:50pm
this is the same blade,since everyone is calling it the ALL+ I will edit the post

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 11:40am
I have the Xiom Amadeus All+ and the Xiom Ovid All
Both are teriffic blades... I don't think you can go wrong with any of their products.  I use Sriver FX, 2.1 on both and it gives me the ability to play a controlled block and push game, but also a strong loop, mid-distance is still very fast. 
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
speed_king View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 2:51pm
This blade is smillar to my Xiom Stradivarius. When I buy Stradi I choose between Control off- and Stradivarius. I choose Stradi because it was more expencive. I think that all blades from Xiom control series are great. This your blade Alfie is with aramid carbon, and because of that is smillar with my Stradivarius.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 3:51pm
I have been looking for the Holy Grail for some time.
I just ordered this blade after really researching and asking questions.
This blade, at least for my game, sounds perfect.
I ordered from affordablett.au. Rob was really helpful and even after I intended to purchase, he asked me to describes my game before saying he thought this blade would work for me.

So I will share what I wrote here:
I like to play an all around game. Topspin, but must have touch over the table, and [also a bit of] power from mid-distance ... but not from way back cause I never go there[beyond 4-6 feet]. Loops should be easy without sacrificing short game. I am intermediate level at best...still refining strokes. Blade must block well too.

Medium throw rubbers are what I am used to. I like blades around 85g

Here are my concerns about Control3: not sure how hard the hinoki is, i need to have harder blade to play these softer rubbers. alfie says impuls speed is awesome (speed is not too fast so that is good) and i like softer rubbers.
( I will be using Joola Energy GP or Andro Impuls Speed --- softer)

---------
So this blade apparently isn't super hard, it is medium -- but harder than a lot of ALL+ because of the Hinoki and aramid carbon, control is supposed to be amazing, with power when you need it -- except from way back. I have even heard this blade approaches OFF. Mine will be lighter 82grams and I am sure it will be closer to a true ALL+ or OFF- blade. Of course this depends a lot on the rubber selection.
I will be going 2.0 at first.

Hope that helps. I am so excited about this blade. I will still EJ a little but I am hoping it will just be for finding the perfect rubbers. BTW- it is a ST version, FL is supposed to be heavier and I didn;t even consider the anatomic. I have played a Primorac ST '1995, Primorac FL '2000, Wavestone, Galaxy 896, Darker 7p-2a (all hinoki). I am hoping this blade will have the best of all those blades and more. If not I will probably go with Wavestone and try different rubbers but that is another post.
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
speed_king View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

I have been looking for the Holy Grail for some time.
I just ordered this blade after really researching and asking questions.
This blade, at least for my game, sounds perfect.
I ordered from affordablett.au. Rob was really helpful and even after I intended to purchase, he asked me to describes my game before saying he thought this blade would work for me.

So I will share what I wrote here:
I like to play an all around game. Topspin, but must have touch over the table, and [also a bit of] power from mid-distance ... but not from way back cause I never go there[beyond 4-6 feet]. Loops should be easy without sacrificing short game. I am intermediate level at best...still refining strokes. Blade must block well too.

Medium throw rubbers are what I am used to. I like blades around 85g

Here are my concerns about Control3: not sure how hard the hinoki is, i need to have harder blade to play these softer rubbers. alfie says impuls speed is awesome (speed is not too fast so that is good) and i like softer rubbers.
( I will be using Joola Energy GP or Andro Impuls Speed --- softer)

---------
So this blade apparently isn't super hard, it is medium -- but harder than a lot of ALL+ because of the Hinoki and aramid carbon, control is supposed to be amazing, with power when you need it -- except from way back. I have even heard this blade approaches OFF. Mine will be lighter 82grams and I am sure it will be closer to a true ALL+ or OFF- blade. Of course this depends a lot on the rubber selection.
I will be going 2.0 at first.

Hope that helps. I am so excited about this blade. I will still EJ a little but I am hoping it will just be for finding the perfect rubbers. BTW- it is a ST version, FL is supposed to be heavier and I didn;t even consider the anatomic. I have played a Primorac ST '1995, Primorac FL '2000, Wavestone, Galaxy 896, Darker 7p-2a (all hinoki). I am hoping this blade will have the best of all those blades and more. If not I will probably go with Wavestone and try different rubbers but that is another post.
Is this blade for mid distance? IF yes, then this is the main difference betwen Xiom Control 3 and Xiom Stradivarius. But I also think that they both have same QUALITY. I think that Xiom Control off- is like Stradi, because they have same characteristic with little difference. Because of that I prefer Xiom Control off- more then Xiom Control3, but they have same quality. I would tell my club friend to buy Xiom Control 3 because he is allround player like you dauntless.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by speed_king speed_king wrote:

Is this blade for mid distance? IF yes, then this is the main difference betwen Xiom Control 3 and Xiom Stradivarius. But I also think that they both have same QUALITY. I think that Xiom Control off- is like Stradi, because they have same characteristic with little difference. Because of that I prefer Xiom Control off- more then Xiom Control3, but they have same quality. I would tell my club friend to buy Xiom Control 3 because he is allround player like you dauntless.

I don't think it is designed for mid-distance specifically. I think it is just a very controlled ALL+ that is actually faster than a regular ALL+ depending on the weight of the blade to a lesser degree and on how HARD you hit to a greater degree. Also, rubber choice will always change the nature of the blade, right?

I chose this mainly because there are many positive reviews and because I need control, but don't want a super soft blade that has no gears. Haven't played it yet, but this is the bullseye from a specs point of view for me. Hope it lives up to the hype.
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 7:37pm
I have a special request:

Any one with this blade: can you take close up pics of the blade?
I would also love to see a Speedy style review from a very experienced source...
Sort of like this:
http://extremetabletennis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=30#carboaramid
If this happens, I bet you many people who have heard about this blade and are curious would be super stoked!

P.S.> There already exists a post with awesome info from Alfie, who influenced my decision to choose this blade. http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13845&KW=xiom
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2007 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by dauntless dauntless wrote:

I need control, but don't want a super soft blade that has no gears.

if that's what you want you have chosen the right blade,I think your maybe a bit slower than mine as it is 10 grams lighter mine is 91 or 92 grams if I remember.
        I have played with perhaps 15 blades and nothing matches it
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2007 at 4:05am
Alfie: Thanks to you for all your help and PMs about this blade I am hoping this is it!
I looked around a bit and I was thinking that the Joola Cat might be close to the Xiom ALL+...
I has two layers of a "epoxy resin prepreg (fabric) made of an aluminium-coated fibre" and a balsa core, not sure about outer layers.
 Anyone seen/played this blade and the Xiom ALL+ and had a chance to compare?
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2007 at 6:42pm
http://affordablett.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=81&hilit=

Those are my impressions of the blade...still getting used to it, but it is nice,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic