Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Back to chinese rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bandrex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandrex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back to chinese rubber
    Posted: 11/24/2007 at 6:27pm
I tried so many rubber, japanese, european, and chinese rubber. When I started table tennis, I was eager - most people eager - to buy expensive stuff available for table tennis. Initially, I used all those overprice made in japan and european rubber. And then, I switched to chinese rubber from frienship, palio, dhs, dawei and even goldfish, my first impression was they were a bit slow, heavy, but so much control ( most of them are heavy). After few years of playing with those chinese rubber, changing from one brand and type to another chinese rubber, I decided to play with japanese european rubber again because I felt my game was improving. At that time I felt that I can tame it because my game improving a lot, it felt great. I could adjust with japanese and european rubber faster and better. After few days ago, out of nowhere, without any reason, I peeled of my butterfly rubber and changed it with dhs hurricane and skyline. I felt my blade much heavier, but man! the control was great! Sounds also nice! Now I think I am enlightened, yup its true speed is nothing without control! by the way who said that chinese rubber is slow. They are actually fast because the weight are heavier.
Sponsored Links

tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2007 at 10:14am
right.if u play against good players they usualy have no problem against ur speed it is the spin and control of ur game which will bother them.
speed is required but not in the expence of control over the ball and spin variation.
u can see that most of the players we remeber like J.O.
,KLH,ma lin,appelgren,grubba,saive,gatien ...........
all have so much control over there shots and variations.
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
rodewan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodewan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/25/2007 at 6:48pm
i have a problem with the short game with hurricane 3 tho, i just got it. I used to have butterfly tackifire drive on my forehand. with hurricane 3, i can loop it very well, but for my short game (flicking, pushing, and close to the table shots) are going into the net alot. Any advice?
bandrex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandrex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 6:18am
That's an adjusment problem. On the other hand, if you get use to use chinese rubber, you will having problem using japanese rubber, you will find it harder to play short game, the ball tend to be higher and sometimes even out of the table. hurricane is quit sticky, do not hesitate when you hit it. Keep your follow through, after a while you will feel that you are so much in control, actually this rubber best if you use for short game. much better than any other non sticky japanese or german rubber. Just be confident, and give your self to adjust
bandrex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandrex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 6:19am
I totally agree with you
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 6:23am
bandrex is right, because of its stickiness, and its ability to grab that ball, u can allow for more "active" movement with the short game without the bounciness or rebound of those soft euro tensor rubbers, and yes following through is important, dont worry of it going out the table, hard sponge and tacky, no fear of the ball lol
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 6:42am
Originally posted by bandrex bandrex wrote:

That's an adjusment problem. On the other hand, if you get use to use chinese rubber, you will having problem using japanese rubber, you will find it harder to play short game, the ball tend to be higher and sometimes even out of the table. hurricane is quit sticky, do not hesitate when you hit it. Keep your follow through, after a while you will feel that you are so much in control, actually this rubber best if you use for short game. much better than any other non sticky japanese or german rubber. Just be confident, and give your self to adjust

Just a question, do you speed glue your rubbers? Because admittedly glued up H3 or Sky3 or Cream plays excellent all over the table. But if you're talking about using them unglued...I'd like to know what blade you're using.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 7:30am

i'm doing the same thing...

i really like to use japanese and euro rubbers,

but whenever there is a tournament, i would always go back to chinese...

i was using yasaka v-stage on my forehand, and sriver el on my back,

but after my first match, I switched to hurricane 3, and felt much better...

one of reason i like chinese rubbers are a lot of spins i can create...

and i was using chinese rubbers when i started table tennis...

so i'm kind of used to that feeling....

my next rubber will be either plasma 470 or narucross ex hard on forehand

and plasma 430 or narucorss ex soft on backhand....

they should feel and play almost same, so i would just choose whatver is cheaper.. 
tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 4:23pm
i think rubber is not a very important issue.if u r using v stage u should use its strength that is speed.

i read here many member complaining abt spin characteristic of euro/jap rubbers and most of them using rubbers like bryce,v stage,almana etc.i cant help them as those rubbers are not for great spin variation game.

why the arc of bryce so low?
it does not have good spin so the high balls tend to travel greater distance with a bigger radius.without low arc the rubber would be uncontrollable and rubbish.

what i mean to say is u can not hit some one with steel
rod and then say "i was hitting softly".
1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
bandrex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bandrex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 4:35pm
No, I dont speed glue. I used them on donic waldner black devil. H2,3 and sky 2, 3 are heavy rubber, I prefer using them on black devil because the size of the head is smaller. Therefore, I get better balance and control, not to head heavy. Also, it produce a very nice sounds. Dont use them on donic carbo off+ or you will find problem generating topspin.
drywater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drywater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 1:08am

im also coming back to chinese

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic