Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone tried Sakura blades or Sanwei blades???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
flatulenzio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulenzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone tried Sakura blades or Sanwei blades???
    Posted: 11/26/2007 at 8:54am
Hi!

Did anyone of you try one of these blades?

I never heard of that brand - if anyone does - let me know!

Thanx a lot
Benny
a blade, a black Rubber, a red Rubber
Sponsored Links

micloi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 10:34am
Just out of curiosity. If you have not even heard of the brand why do you need to know? :)
BLADE
Nittaku Violin J-Pen round head
FOREHAND:
-2.0mm Dr. Neubauer Pistol Short Pips
BACKHAND:
-Friendship 837 OX Long Pips

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulenzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 10:44am
O.K....

i never heard before of that brand...

Better???Tongue
micloi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 4:02pm
I am sorry if what I wrote seemed as I was trying to make fun of your syntax, far from it.
I was really wondering why you are asking, did you get an offer of buying a blade of that brand, and if yes, which one as it might be easier to offer comments on a specific model rather than a whole brand of table tennis equipment.
BLADE
FOREHAND:
BACKHAND:
micloi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micloi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 4:08pm
If you mean this blade:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Japanese-SAKURA-HINOKI-Blade-Table-Tennis-Ping-Pong-432_W0QQitemZ320187645638QQihZ011QQcategoryZ36277QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

This is the same as the Blutenkirche blade sold by Presports (as you can see on the handle of the picture) and IT IS NOT hinoki. It is simple wood (I got one myself).

So I believe that you should stick to TT shops for blades and not trust Ebay sellers too much.
BLADE
FOREHAND:
BACKHAND:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulenzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2007 at 4:20pm
Big%20smile No! If that one's got Hinoki - it's defenitely not the outer ply!

I thought about the one ply blade!

In my town i can only get a Jonyer Hinoki - the Pohoralek i actually play is also a 5ply all Hinoki blade.

I just wondered how cheap Hinoki blades can be...

Best regards
BEnny
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 12:34am
The Sukura blade is 1-ply pine. It plays fast with a soft feel (like hinoki but not as good), but does have a lot of vibration and is heavy.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 12:34pm
My uncle and I played with Sanwei blades. Another uncle of mine gave us two Sanwei blades. Somebody from the company gave him two blades for samples. My uncle got a c-pen Sanwei T541, 5 plywood - 4 soft carbon (Off All+, Speed 9, control 9, 90gr, thick 6.3) and I got shakehand V5, 7 plywood (Off, speed 10 control 8, 94gr, thick 6). Other than that specs, we don't know anything about the blades. No info about the wood/carbon used. I looked at their website and both english and even chinese sites didn't have detailed info about the blades.
My uncle said that it's faster than the Yasaka Extra 3d Soft that he's using, but he still prefer his yasaka for more control. He wanted to try other high-end Sanwei products but here, noone is selling it. Just this last week the Sanwei products hit the market here, but only their low-end series.
Mine is noticebly faster than my DHS H-WL, and the V5 vibrates quite a bit. It's lighter than my H-WL as well. All in all, not to bad in my novice opinion for price-value.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulenzio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

The Sukura blade is 1-ply pine. It plays fast with a soft feel (like hinoki but not as good), but does have a lot of vibration and is heavy.

Thanx a lot haggisv!

Can you compare the feel (not the speed) to the Galaxy J-1 one ply ayous!

Best regards
Benny
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 5:45pm
Sure, I'll have a look when i get home tonight
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic