Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Soft Sponge Rubber

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soft Sponge Rubber
    Posted: 11/27/2007 at 8:26am
I wanted to order some Sriver FXes for the Photino, and do as Butterfly writes on blades, cause I quite agree with them, : "Make a perfect combination with world-leading quality Butterfly rubbers".

I read in the poll that Joola are the most popular Tensor Rubbers. What would you suggest me to get: Joola Mambo/Mambo H, or Sriver FX?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 8:43am
none of those are tensor rubbers,but tango,tango extreme,EGP are tensors
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 9:05am
I thought Joola rubbers must be good, that's why I asked. For Mambo-H it is said:
"With a special glueing technique the upper rubber, which is already designed for extreme tension, is then combined with the sponge. This results in an unbelievable natural energy. This In combination with the extreme grippy upper rubber surface probably make it the rubber with the most spin currently available.
MAMBO H is a high technology High Friction rubber, that has been developed at the very limits of spin feasibility. Unlike MAMBO C, MAMBO H must not be stretched when fresh glueing, as this effect has already been incorporated into the rubber."
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 9:14am
they are all good rubbers if that's the kind of rubber you like,I have never tried any of the mambo series but plenty of people like them.
                The key is to find a rubber hardness that you like then once you have found that you can look at BTY,Donic,Joola etc etc to choose a rubber of similar hardness.
     If you don't know what hardness you like then maybe buy a hard one and a soft one and see which suits you best then go from there
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 9:20am
I tried soft and hard ones example: Bryce, Catapult, soft: Srver FX , Tackifire, Andro C.O.R. emotion and I think that I liked soft rubbers on fast blades, also fast rubbers on slower blades, as I'm intending tu buy photino I'm intending to buy some softer rubber.
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 9:24am
if you glue or use CTE then sriver fx is as good as anything imo for a soft rubber,for a bit slower soft rubber Donic Coppa tagora
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
pingpongmadman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongmadman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 12:44pm
Throw out European rubbers. Theyr robbing you. Thy used to rob me. no more

redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 1:57pm
I was talking about Joola that is made in Japan :)
Thanks anyway
redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 2:50pm
I'm not a fresh gluer and don't want to be fresh glueing, would you recommend a tensor rubber or a normal one? If it is not fresh glued is it just the speed of sriver fx that is diminished, or also spin?
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by redbull redbull wrote:

I'm not a fresh gluer and don't want to be fresh glueing, would you recommend a tensor rubber or a normal one? If it is not fresh glued is it just the speed of sriver fx that is diminished, or also spin?

I used a speed-glued Sriver FX and it is indeed considerably different from an unglued one, especially on an attacking blade. Butterfly itself says that Srivers have High reglue effect... you can try G2 FX as a tensor rubber from Btfy. But I agree with pingpongmadman that in the long run, if you change rubbers more or less often and do not have loads of money one should seriously consider switching to chinese brands...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by pingpongmadman pingpongmadman wrote:

Throw out European rubbers. Their robbing you. Thy used to rob me. no more

So what are you saying, that the European rubbers are to expensive, or their claims of inbuilt speed glue effect is untrue.

Euro rubbers are no more expensive than Butterfly rubbers, in my mind they are probably a little cheaper.

Are you also saying that the chinese rubber is better Shocked

I have tried many chinese rubbers, (infact tried to many rubbers in general), and I have to say that I like the feel and speed of the Euro Tensor bios rubbers, and would gladly pay their price over the cheaper Chinese stuff. Extra Performance always comes at a price.

Anyone after a soft sponge Tensor rubber must try the impuls Speed. It also doesn't have the durability problems of previous tensor rubbers.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
BACKHAND View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BACKHAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 5:34pm
I think Joola Tango Extreme is a very good rubber unglued. I have also heard good things said about Andro Plasma 430 or 470 
I use Sriver EL which is very soft, but wouldn't recommend it without Glue.
The argument about the cost of rubbers is always a problem as TT has always been classed as a cheap sport. Part of the problems we have in TT is that nobody wants to pay.
I never believe I am being ripped off on the price of new rubber be it any of the ones I have mentioned. My rubbers normally last about 2 months before I change them. At �25/sheet($50) I think they are very good value.  
STIGA CARBON
Tibhar Nimbus Sound 2.0mm FH
Butterfly Tenergy 64 2.1mm BH
http://www.mkttl.co.uk/
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2007 at 10:35pm
you should go to www.ilpp.com.tw and buy your shriver el rubbers there.at $21.30us a sheet that would be $42.60 for two sheets of rubbers i think that is a good deal
Leon Reid View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 9:16am
get the mambo gp

end of story its the new improved mambo
Seen it all done it all lost the t-shirt

Time is fikle so dont waste a second

Freinds are fikle but feel free 2 squander them

Blade:Clipper WRB
FH:Vario Soft
BH:Neos
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 10:36am
Or you could get the Energy Green power, that doesn't suck..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 10:38am
leon need some feed back on this rubber, ie speed compared to mambo, could it be speedglued, sound, feeling 
redbull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 12:14pm
If it is not fresh glued is it just the speed of sriver fx that is diminished, or also spin?
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2007 at 12:15pm
Both
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic