Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Hurricane not Tacky?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hurricane not Tacky?
    Posted: 12/05/2007 at 10:35pm
Im currently using a 2.2 black H2 and its only been a month and for some reason it doesnt seem to be very tacky, well not as tacky as  my TG3 that i used before. Are Hurricanes supposed to be more tacky? I heard some where that the hurricanes are faster than skylines but i was hoping that they would be equally tacky in the top sheet. 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2007 at 10:38pm
pretty much, how do u clean it and take care of it?
wash it after each session, wipe it with the sponge and protect it with those plastic sleeves.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2007 at 10:38pm
i have heard some people say tg3 is tackier than H3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2007 at 10:39pm
i have those sticky plastc films...but im not sure if you can wash them because they collect a lot of dust
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2007 at 10:47pm
i have just the plastic ones, perhaps they help?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2007 at 10:48pm
they are good for chinese tacky rubbers but not the buttefly ones
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2007 at 11:22pm

Don't stick sticky sheets on tacky chinese rubbers.  They bond better than the topsheet to the sponge.  Has a tendency to damage the rubber/sponge.  TG3 is tackier, and slower than the Hurricanes.  However your Hurricane should still have some tack left on it.  As you hit more with it the tack will begin to transfer from the rubber to whatever it touches.  Usually the ball, but you should still have plenty of tack after one month.

Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 12:04am
well i wash it with water after every session and wipe it with a sponge then put one of those bty tacky covers on it. So ur not supposed to use a tacky cover?
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 12:12am
I think it's just an issue of quality control.  I bought a sheet of H3 a few monthes ago, peeled off the protective sheet and discovered that it was really grippy.   Not even tacky, but grippy.  From what I hear H3&2 are supposed to be like fly paper. 
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 12:17am
I have never had a H3 like fly paper and wouldn't really want one,the best thing about H3 is that it's tacky and the topsheet is softer than the sponge giving you maximum ability to loop very low balls
Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 1:09am
lol  Protect your rubber.  And protect the sheet that protects your rubber.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 2:11am
umm for chinese rubbers i think a cheap plastic sheet would do. only use those sticky ones for european styled rubbers
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 2:23am
i tried quite a few combinations to preserve the tack.

and the one that works is spinmax once a week. and cleaning with water after every match. making sure to dry t properly.
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 4:12am
a little bit off topic, but i think the quality of the "new" rubber doesn't just depend on the manufacturing, it also depend on the storage by the vendor.  all my friends' hurricanes are really sticky, even the ones that are close to a year old, and since they didn't buy them at the same time, i assume they were from different batches, but the only h3 i had was not sticky at all from the moment i peeled off the protective film, it was still very grippy, but it just didn't feel like a hurricane.  so i think it might've been improperly stored.  it was brought to my attention cuz a guy that sells equipments at the place i play at, store the things in his van, and by my logic, that can't be good for the end users.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 9:14am
Here's a bit of information on DHS Hurricanes.

DHS Hurricane 3 Series are known  for their tackiness, however due to quality control issues, often times their tackiness will wear off fast or they may arrive new and un-tacky. Fortunately that's a problem only found in the commercial versions of Hurricane 3. Provincial and National version are just fine in terms of tackiness and they often times offer more consistency in ball bounce, speed, and control.

This is how it works in the manufacturing plant of DHS.

1 Big Rubber Sheet (top sheet) and 1 Big Sponge Sheet (Sponge #20 or other) is cut into little square pieces and then stuck together to form the H3 series rubber. Commercial are the worst quality and consistency cuts and are sold to the general public, then the actual good quality cuts are given to provincial teams, and lastly the diamond in the ruff is sent out to national players.

(See Illustration Below)

C=Commercial
P=Provincial
N=National

CCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCC
CCCPPPCCC
CCCPNPCCC
CCCPPPCCC
CCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCC

Out of a whole sheet of rubber/sponge you get:
72 Commercial Rubbers
8 Provincial Rubbers
1 National Rubber

This is exactly why naturally by law of supply, prices for provincial rubbers and national rubbers are higher. And since you can't get them without knowing provincial players (unless you want to get fake versions), the prices are even more expensive!

Here's the going rate for the H3 rubbers:

Commercial: $13-$20 (available anywhere - DHS's strategy for getting rid of junk inventory)

Provincial: $25-35 (available periodically - rubber used by China's Provincial Teams)

National: $35-75 (near impossible to get - rubber used by China's National Players)

This is why if you were to buy an H3 rubber, I would highly recommend that you purchase Provincial Rubbers. You won't get the crap version of H3 but an actual playable and official rubber of the China Provincial Team. You won't have to deal with quality control issues.

If you can get your hands on a National Version H3, Kudos to you! But for the rest of us, you can see someone selling Provincial Version H3's on the For Sale Section of mytabletennis.net. But be careful because they aren't always legitimate. Buy from a person who has good reputation and who has sold the product before.

I personally frequent China often and I come back with H2/H3 provincials and other provincial products. So if you need anything, feel free to PM me. You can check my threads to see that I've sold hundreds of H2/H3 provincials.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic