Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help choosing first non-beginner racket.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2007 at 12:29pm
My suggestions is the same....get an All or All+ blade (I've used the Andrezj Grubba for years) with a good rubber - to start off,  I'd recommend a Sriver EL 1.9 rubber. 

Currently I have 2 Andrezj Gurbba blades one with Sriver EL 2.1 and one with Sriver FX 2.1 (I beat most in my club with these, even the highly rated).

My advice is focus on technique not equipment, at least not initally or not until you're in a high level of competetive play.  Even then, technique is paramount. 
Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
Sponsored Links

dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2007 at 2:56pm
naifu

While this blade may not be the "coolest" blade out there, I don't see why you couldn't just upgrade the rubber sheets. If it has five plys, the blade should be OK for now. You could get some sriver or sriver-like rubbers for pretty cheap. Start from where you are and go from there, moving too fast to another blade may do one of two things:

1. mess up your game beyond belief
2. make you into a rock star looping maniac

Only you know if the equipment is going to make the difference. If took me several years and serveral hundred dollars to find that out Confused

The dipper sounds pretty good despite its initial rating...
1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
Skippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2007 at 9:56pm

I like the suggestion of the Gambler AC earlier.  I also think the T-7 is a good idea for anyone starting out, cause it's not too bloody fast, but it will be good enough for you to grow into and difficult for you to grow out of it too.  Just some simple Inspirits I think would suffice for you.  That setup would run you about $50.  It will last you a couple years, and when you think you have outgrown it just take the rubbers off and glue them, then play them for another year. 

Xiom Zetro Quad
FH: Andro Hexer Max
BH: Xiom Euro Vega Max
patlu08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patlu08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2007 at 11:50pm
I have friends with both set ups, I don't think you could go wrong with either...

You should probably get a Kama with 1.9 inspirit quattro both sides, or 729 pro xt.

I've played with a 20 dollar kama combo from cole, its way better than any premade for sure. Nice control and nice speed. My friend that has one has developed his FH loop very nicely.
Stiga OC CR - no wrb
FH: Globe 999t/Quattro 2.0
BH: Sriver L 1.9
servio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote servio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2007 at 7:00am
Stiga Offensive Classic is definetly not an Off rated blade... It might used to be with the 38mm ball but now a rating of all+ would be more suitable since my friends OC is about as fast as my Stiga Allround Evolution (All+).
And it makes a great blade to start out with and to continue using beyond that point. Try pairing it with rubbers like 729 Super Soft and u'll have a realatively cheap setup that should work great fo anything.
Further you might want to keep in mind that blades can go on for years in contrary to rubbers so it's not a waste to spend some money on a blade if you'll keep using it year after year.
who says tabletennis isnt a sport?
http://www.tabletennisdayton.com/files/47wttc-superpoints.wmv
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic