Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help choosing first non-beginner racket.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help choosing first non-beginner racket.
    Posted: 12/06/2007 at 4:45am
Hey guys. I'm new to this forum. I've been totally sucked into TT lately. started playing about 8 months ago, but for the last 4 months I've been playing 2-3 times a week so it's really picked up.

I'm still using my first racket. It's a Butterfly Naifu (50-50-80). Which is pretty much their most entry level recreational racket. It was really fun to play with at first but now it's time to step up.

I don't think I've fully locked into a certain "style" yet, there's still some shots I need to master so I probably still need somewhat of a versatile racket. But I can say that my style (using butterfly's help guide) is heavily focused somewhere between these two styles:

ATTACKING CHOPPER - This style can best be thought of as an attacker who uses underspin to set up their attacking shots. Players of this style most often use two different racket surfaces and will flip the racket to produce great variation in their defense and their attack. Example: Derek May

CLOSE-TO-THE-TABLE DEFENDER This style is built around a chop/blocking game executed from close to the table. Players of this style use underspin blocks to force weak topspin shots from their opponents. They will then attack the weak topspin with a well placed drive or loop. Example: Gao Jun

I'm looking for something that will give me the ability to dole out some deadly underspin on midrange chops but also good speed on the forehand to attack. Also, hopefully looking to spend 75-100 dollars (including rubbers).

I don't know enough about what's out there. So far I've been leaning towards the Butterfly VSG4000 with Sriver EL 2.1 FH and Sriver 1.9 BH ($125).

Can anyone offer some good solid suggestions? Thanks.
Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 5:17am
do u  chop with ur bh alot, and attack with ur fh side?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 5:29am
i think an OC would suit you not sure about rubbers
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 5:38am
I almost always attack with my forehand. short range chops I mix between fh and bh. I use a lot of mini chops with backhand blocks to under spin short returns a lot. However, for my mid range chops 2-3 feet off the table right  now I'm only accurate enough to use my fh (i can't really keep the bh on the table at range yet, although i'm working on it and hope to be able to incorporate it soon). 
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 5:42am
Originally posted by PingPangQiu PingPangQiu wrote:

i think an OC would suit you not sure about rubbers

You mean the Stiga Offensive Classic right? Is there a big difference between the regular and the WRB version? The ratings seem a touch higher on the latter. Also, would you know a good place to purchase this racket that ships to Canada?

Thanks
a23096713 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a23096713 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 6:49am
After hearing your style. I think it might be better for you to go for a more allround style racket... you sounds like you do everything a little bit. I would recommend any OFF- range blade.

If you want to buy Stiga in Canada and need some gurantee in shipping, www.ping-pong.com isn't a bad choice. They offer a good amount of racket and since the Canadian dollar raise, their price becomes pretty attractive for Canadians.
Chop, Chop, and Counter Loop!

BTY Cutlass + Tackiness D + Feint OX
TSP Astron Yellow + Yasaka Original + Nittaku pimplemini One
TSP Yanagi + UQ + BTY OX
robjkc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robjkc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 9:56am
I would suggest the Juic Texalium.  I just picked up one last month from paddlepalace.com for $50 after reading several reviews:

http://oneofakindtrading.com.au/juic_texalium.htm
http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=893&highlight=texalium
http://forum.oneofakindtrading.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=322&highlight=texalium

It is probably the most versatile blades I have used.  It's rated an ALL+ blade by Juic.  It has enough speed for offensive shots but also allows you to stay in the point with some defensive shots.  It has a nice feel and a comfortable flared, albeit pink, handle.  The build quality on this blade is second to none.  One of the best aspects of this blade is that it makes playing tt a lot more fun with the variety of shots I can hit with it.

I just called paddlepalace to pickup a backup yesterday and the lightest they had was 86 gm.  Mine is 84 gm.  If your looking for one lighter you could check iruiru.com (Japan) or oneofakindtrading.com.au (Australia) to see what they have in stock.

If your looking to stay around $70 you could call paddlepalace and see what they could do for you or buy rubber/glue/cutting tool from colestt.com or zeropong.com.

ph0nage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ph0nage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 10:07am
vsg4000 is pretty easy to chop with.  I was never a big fan of looping with it w/o the use of speed glue.

blocks and counterdrives like a dream.  No feeling at all though.

Honestly, for the price of it, you could get better blades (unless you specifically want the VSG system).  I would check out some of the Galaxy  carbon blades that cole has (www.colestt.com) if you want carbon.

Stiga OC would be fine for this style or a lot of medium feeling Wood Off- blades.

Galaxy K4
FH: Rapid 2.0
BH: Rapid 1.8 (Tibhar)
Leon Reid View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon Reid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 10:09am
cant say i agree with sum of the advice given to you

i think if you are still undecided then you should go with a energy wood with to mendo energy's this would allow you to develop your attacking game whilst still beeing slow enough and having the control so that you could chop

another option is to go for a more devensive blade and use chop and drives, or super deffence both are built for choppers who like to come in and finnish the point when they see the opportunity
Seen it all done it all lost the t-shirt

Time is fikle so dont waste a second

Freinds are fikle but feel free 2 squander them

Blade:Clipper WRB
FH:Vario Soft
BH:Neos
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 2:01pm
I would recommend Grubba Carbon with Sriver G2 and Speedy P.O Soft
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 3:19pm
Gambler A/C has a nice head shape for what you're doing. Hard to guess on the backhand. Are you wanting to stick with inverted on both sides?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 4:25pm
are you looking for a fairly cheap affordable one, or you are really into tt and want a good one for your play?
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by anixon anixon wrote:

Hey guys. I'm new to this forum. I've been totally sucked into TT lately. started playing about 8 months ago, but for the last 4 months I've been playing 2-3 times a week so it's really picked up.

I'm still using my first racket. It's a Butterfly Naifu (50-50-80). Which is pretty much their most entry level recreational racket. It was really fun to play with at first but now it's time to step up.

I don't think I've fully locked into a certain "style" yet, there's still some shots I need to master so I probably still need somewhat of a versatile racket. But I can say that my style (using butterfly's help guide) is heavily focused somewhere between these two styles:

ATTACKING CHOPPER - This style can best be thought of as an attacker who uses underspin to set up their attacking shots. Players of this style most often use two different racket surfaces and will flip the racket to produce great variation in their defense and their attack. Example: Derek May

CLOSE-TO-THE-TABLE DEFENDER This style is built around a chop/blocking game executed from close to the table. Players of this style use underspin blocks to force weak topspin shots from their opponents. They will then attack the weak topspin with a well placed drive or loop. Example: Gao Jun

I'm looking for something that will give me the ability to dole out some deadly underspin on midrange chops but also good speed on the forehand to attack. Also, hopefully looking to spend 75-100 dollars (including rubbers).

I don't know enough about what's out there. So far I've been leaning towards the Butterfly VSG4000 with Sriver EL 2.1 FH and Sriver 1.9 BH ($125).

Can anyone offer some good solid suggestions? Thanks.

From what  you say it seems to me that your style of play may have been determined by the paddle you have been using, and it could very well change when you get a new one. By the way, using underspin and blocking to setup your point and your attack is a pretty good strategy and for that you probably need, as suggested before, a non-offensive paddle. An allround/defensive one will also allow you to chop aggressive shots. If you get anything offensive I believe you will change the style you are mentioning.

I think though that more information would be needed for people to be able to make really useful suggestions.
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
ksu06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksu06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 6:42pm
I second energy wood, but not necessarily mendo if you want a little more speed.  From the sound of it, I am not sure if you are a true chopper.  Correct me if I am wrong, but you probably use tactical chops primarily to return downspin serves.  If someone were to smash or loop drive the ball at you, would you chop it back?
Offensive CR
FH: H3 (2.2)
BH: V-Stage (2.0)
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 6:54pm

lol I have said this before,why is it new players seem to be drawn to the VSG series but not many experienced players play with the VSG series

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 7:11pm
Keep in mind that some of these blades have hollow handles, making them feel a bit top heavy.  Not ideal IMO for defense or touch shots.
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by alfie alfie wrote:

lol I have said this before,why is it new players seem to be drawn to the VSG series but not many experienced players play with the VSG series

Come on what beginner would not be drawn to a blade with a name like a sports car that includes a "carbon tube, along with two rubber dampeners"? "These blades simply come alive in your hand."!

They will surely need those dampeners with all the "power looping" they are going to do.

It might have something to do with the fact that most experienced players are not particularly dazzled by fancy handle technologies.

anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 7:45pm
Quote are you looking for a fairly cheap affordable one, or you are really into tt and want a good one for your play?

Looking for good one, something that is good enough to keep for a little while using my current style of play... yet not too expensive that I can't switch in 6-12months if my style does begin to change.

Quote From what  you say it seems to me that your style of play may have been determined by the paddle you have been using, and it could very well change when you get a new one.

This could be true. I found it very difficult to do loops and some other offensive shots with my current paddle. The tackiness just isn't there. I'd like to add a little more offense to my game.

On that note: it seems most equipment out there especially the upper range stuff is geared towards an attack style. There are few defensive paddles and I see few players playing high defensive styles or true choppers. Is there a reason for this? Will I find more future success if I work on utilizing high speed equipment with powerful attacks?? I'd like to know more as I'm still discovery my true style and am flexible now.

I second energy wood, but not necessarily mendo if you want a little more speed.  From the sound of it, I am not sure if you are a true chopper.  Correct me if I am wrong, but you probably use tactical chops primarily to return downspin serves.  If someone were to smash or loop drive the ball at you, would you chop it back?

You're right. I use small quick - mid stroke chops to return serves or pushed returns etc. I don't/can't chop loops or smashes for two reasons. 1. My chop accuracy is not there yet so I can't always land them on the table from a distance. 2. My footwork and positioning isn't really good enough yet to get back into proper position to execute that type of defense (I tend to stay closer to the table).

mdjenders View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdjenders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 7:59pm
Play the style you enjoy best!  You will have much more fun and enjoyment playing your "natural" style, and exactly what style this is will become clear in time.  For now, maybe get an inexpensive, quality chinese allround blade and see if you tend to attack or defend more.  I wouldn't spend too much money on equip until you are very sure of what you want.
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 8:37pm
Man, such expensive suggestions. Go for some Chinese equipment. Even something as simple as a Kama with 2008 XPs is great for your first decent racket.
Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 8:40pm
avalox,stiga and/or tibhar-all are good choices ..all sold here at this forum.
reachie85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reachie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 9:22pm
i would suggest that you don't go for something expensive, as pretty much none of us including yourself know exactly what category of style you fit into.  a cheap, but good combo that i made for my friend who just began playing and learning table tennis might be a good starting point for you as well:  LKT Instinct with LKT Pro XT 2.2mm fh and 729 fxel 2.0 bh.  i think it's a pretty good allround setup, a bit slow on offense, but if u generate a decent amount of arm speed, then it should suffice, and i think it should still be a lot faster than the rec paddle you are using.  Both rubbers have good control, so it shouldn't be too tough on defense with this setup as well.  and unless if you absolutely sure u wanna go the chopper way, i would recommend the backhand to be inverted, or at most short pips, but definitely no long pips.
BL: Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive CPen
FH: Haifu Blue Whale 2
BH: Nittaku Nodias
patlu08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patlu08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 9:56pm
i agree with reachie and pp gear.

Dawei Kama blade - 10 bucks, I've also played with it... its just a solid wood blade, great transition from a premade.

LKT instinct - 15 bucks? after trying my friends, i recommend it to anyone.

All those fancy mumbo paddles will probably hinder your growth.

Stiga OC CR - no wrb
FH: Globe 999t/Quattro 2.0
BH: Sriver L 1.9
ksu06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksu06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2007 at 10:31pm

You're right. I use small quick - mid stroke chops to return serves or pushed returns etc. I don't/can't chop loops or smashes for two reasons. 1. My chop accuracy is not there yet so I can't always land them on the table from a distance. 2. My footwork and positioning isn't really good enough yet to get back into proper position to execute that type of defense (I tend to stay closer to the table).

So I guess the sort of chopping that you do is not so much a true chopper as just tactical chopping that any styled player must know how to do.  Thus, I think an All+ or Off- blade would work best for you, especially to help with the looping.  Maybe Stiga Offensive Classic or Butterfly Petr Korbel?  I realize a lot of people emphasize slower blades for better control to help you develop, but I recall when I was at your level, I benefited more from trying a blade that was slightly beyond my level, and then I would grow into it as opposed to using a blade that was too slow and wanting to get a new one within a year.  Plus, these two blades definitely have good speed to control ratios and are also within your price range.  I also hear that LKT Instinct would be good (but go for the 5 ply ... it is slower than the 7 ply but noticeably lighter as well).
Offensive CR
FH: H3 (2.2)
BH: V-Stage (2.0)
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 12:31am
Thanks for the replies up to this point guys. It's a lot to take in. Does anyone have any comments on the LKT Instinct vs Daiwai Kama setup? From what I gather the Kama is faster, yet I'm somewhat intrigued by the weight of the Instinct, it's so light! Has anyone tried both of these? ... ppgear?

Also, since I've also had a couple votes for Stiga OC, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Galaxy U-4 blade? Brainstorm tried to do a spec collection of the Galaxy blades in his thread http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14855&KW=timo&PID=152811#152811 and he mentions the U-4 to be quite similar to Stiga Offensive Classic CR WRB. Is this a relatively valid statement? Anyone tried this or the Stiga version?
ppgear View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ppgear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 12:43am

Thanks for the replies up to this point guys. It's a lot to take in. Does anyone have any comments on the LKT Instinct vs Daiwai Kama setup? From what I gather the Kama is faster, yet I'm somewhat intrigued by the weight of the Instinct, it's so light! Has anyone tried both of these? ... ppgear?

Also, since I've also had a couple votes for Stiga OC, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Galaxy U-4 blade? Brainstorm tried to do a spec collection of the Galaxy blades in his thread http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14855&KW=timo&PID=152811#152811 and he mentions the U-4 to be quite similar to Stiga Offensive Classic CR WRB. Is this a relatively valid statement? Anyone tried this or the Stiga version?

The Instinct is definitely light (which isn't really a good thing). It's lighter than average, at about 77g (light), whereas Kama is around 85-89g (average weight).

The Instinct has a very hollow feel; the vibrations are excessive, and the flat hitting power is very weak.

The Kama feels a lot more substantial; it has medium speed and feels more solid all around. I really think you'd like the Kama better.

I used to recommend Instincts to new players, but that was before I discovered Kamas. Now it's Kamas all the way!

Don't go for particularly offensive rackets yet. Though I've never tried the Stiga Offensive Classic, the name seems to imply that it's at least an OFF-, which isn't what relatively untrained players need.

When you have a medium racket or slower, you have a lot of control and are able to focus more on improving your strokes. You'll be able to use your own power in your stroke, whereas with offensive rackets you may feel the power is sufficient already therefore you won't develop your stroke to generate the power as much.

At least for this stage, don't go for an OFF- blade, stick to medium-ish.
Once you can confidently loop using all your strength, and expect your loop to land on the table at least 90% of the time, then you might consider a faster racket. Until then, stick to medium and keep training. It's better for you in the short and long run.

Arthur Lui
Revspin.net - Table Tennis Equipment Reviews
Top USATT Rating: 2131
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 3:24am
Okay, thanks for everyone's input! A friend offered me a great deal on an extra brand new DHS Dipper he had so although perhaps it could be a little too much right now, I'm going to give it a shot. If anyone has any comments on this racket I'd love to hear them.

On a side note, based on the comments here I'm also going to order a Dawei Kama from PPGear for my best friend who's starting out. Mwhaha,  this means I'll get to try it too! Big%20smile
dauntless View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dauntless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 3:40am
Sorry, I am guilty of being an equipment junky like many...but here is my novice  suggestion for saving hundreds of dollars and to become a better player faster:

find a coach if possible and get lessons before you commit to a certain style--> find your style with your coach's help--> find a blade/setup suitable for your style-->stick with it for a while--> change only when absolutely needed.

If you just can't wait, get an ALL+ or OFF-  medium feel blade with very all- around rubbers like sriver type or EL for medium or FX for softer--- not too tacky/ not too grippy ... no speed glue or fancy stuff -- unless your coach says to do it. korbel sounds like a nice choice to me, galaxy blades are nice too, never played a stiga blade--wow! i play an ALL+ Xiom blade and love it.

anyway, to me the thing is you don't want to limit your game with the way you are playing now, you want to keep your options open because you may develop into an aggressive player who does not rely on chops as much because you will learn to attack balls you thought you could not...or you may decide to become a long pips legend. staying neutral helps hone your skills to see what you can do first.

every time you want to spend more money on equipment, spend it on a lesson instead...then if you still want to buy equipment, you will at least have a better idea of what you are doing.

also, i just read recently -- and it sounded like really good advice -- that if you can't control the ball on (near or close to) the table, then your blade/setup is too fast for you. the Chinese dominate the sport because the understand very well to control the table aggressively. defensive play is the inverse of this, but i think the attacker has an edge ultimately...it may be fun to hit/chop/defend from way back behind the table, but if you can't control the ball on the table with the blade you are currently using, I would say maybe just change the rubbers on it and keep the slower setup.

just my humble opinion for someone who is starting out...not meant to be advice.
I think these are great suggestion too:

Originally posted by ppgear ppgear wrote:

Don't go for particularly offensive rackets yet. Though I've never tried the Stiga Offensive Classic, the name seems to imply that it's at least an OFF-, which isn't what relatively untrained players need.

When you have a medium racket or slower, you have a lot of control and are able to focus more on improving your strokes. You'll be able to use your own power in your stroke, whereas with offensive rackets you may feel the power is sufficient already therefore you won't develop your stroke to generate the power as much.

At least for this stage, don't go for an OFF- blade, stick to medium-ish.
Once you can confidently loop using all your strength, and expect your loop to land on the table at least 90% of the time, then you might consider a faster racket. Until then, stick to medium and keep training. It's better for you in the short and long run.

1. BTY Primorac, Nittaku H3N, T64 2. BTY Primorac, H3N, Mendo MP Feedback
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 10:32am
I think dauntless gave a pretty darn good advice. Find a good coach (possibly a really good one), let him watch you play, play with him a bit, tell him what kind of game you would like to play or advance to, and listen to his advice - then try out a few non-expensive suitable rubbers and stick with the best. That will save you a lot of time and money, too...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Aquaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2007 at 12:33pm
ppgear and dauntless gave very good advice.  I have been playing for over 30 years, and have gone through countless rackets.  I believe the worst thing a new player can do is getting too fast a racket.  Control is what you want while you improve your game.   I don't know what your rating is, but if it's under 1100, you would be better off with an ALL or ALL+ paddle, not more.

Good luck and have fun.

Blade: Stiga Allround Classic
FH: JOOLA Rhyzm 2.0
BH: JOOLA Rhyzm 425 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic