Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Galaxy Manufacturing for Major Brands

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Galaxy Manufacturing for Major Brands
    Posted: 12/30/2007 at 8:42am
    I have always really wondered if Galaxy made the blades for other top name brands and then relabeled a version for themselves to sell, or if they tried to copy what other manufacturers make, or have made.  Who initiates the building of the blade first?  For example, does Galaxy first make the Offensive CR for stiga and then change it a little for their name brand or do they just simply try to make a "copy" similar to the Offensive CR and come up with the U-4???  Anybody have ideas or inside info? Wink
 Also, are there any blades out there that you know for sure were made by Galaxy for other brand names.........what are they?  I'm not just talking about looking similar.

pongcrazy
Viscaria, H3 Neo, Coppa X1 Gold
7p2a-7t, TG2 Neo, Acuda S2
Sponsored Links

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2007 at 1:05pm
I don't know that Galaxy makes blades for major brands, I believe they simply imitate designs.

Sunflex definitely makes blades for the top brands, i.e., Stiga wrb and tube blades, bttfy vsg blades, and all foam core handle blades for Nittaku, spintech and andro, etc.

The original design might come from anyone, an individual, a manufactuer, etc.  It will be tested, and if it seems good it will be marketed.

Though I don't know the origin of the design, the vsg began as a prototype from sunflex, bttfy contracted sunflex to produce it for them, and then sunflex marketed their own version, which uses a slightly different design to produce similar effect.
YEO

Boost TP
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/30/2007 at 1:11pm
I have NO confirmation on Galaxy, but if they are imitating, they are doing a GREAT job. For the price, their blades are by far the best value out there. No doubt in my mind. The quality is not far off Butterfly on much of their line and the price is about 1/3. If you are on a limited budget, Galaxy is the way to go. If you are deeply in debt and snobby like me . . . buy the name brand and lose money.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2008 at 4:34am
                                         Exclamation    NukeCONTAMINATEDNuke   Exclamation
YEO

Boost TP
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2008 at 9:15am
Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

/\
                                                               /    \
                                                                  l
                                                                  l
                                                                  l
                                                 Censored  DUMB@$$  Censored

sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2008 at 10:46am
Originally posted by pongcrazy pongcrazy wrote:

Originally posted by sprite sprite wrote:

/\
                                                               /    \
                                                                  l
                                                                  l
                                                                  l
                                                 Censored  DUMB@$$  Censored

My my, aren't you a testy one!

LOLLMAOLOL

And I was the only one who even attempted to provide any kind of comprehensive response to your query.

YEO

Boost TP
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2008 at 12:51pm
Your response to the thread was appreciated.  It was the Contamination dig you continued from the other thread that shows your also trying to be an A$$.... and doing quite well I might add!
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2008 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by pongcrazy pongcrazy wrote:

Your response to the thread was appreciated.  

As noted in your previous reply.
YEO

Boost TP
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2008 at 5:10pm
I kinda agree that we don't care if that cloning is official or not - as long as we know which blades are clones of what and which of them are worthy of their "namesakes'
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2008 at 8:28pm
I spoke to YinHe the other day, and asked the 64 dollar question, they dont manufacturer for DONIC, ButterFly, or Andro. In fact the answer was a definite NO.

They did say that they are growing bigger by the day, and I can see why, there blades are of an excellent standard, as is there quality Control.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
sprite View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sprite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2008 at 10:25pm
Thanks pingpongrob!
YEO

Boost TP
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2008 at 12:13pm
At least now we know what they (YinHe) think about it... but then again, if they have an agreement with... let's say, Butterfly, would they tell us about it? Nooo... in any case I believe them in this matter - I just think they simply decided to try and clone well-known good blades and they have achieved terrific results
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2008 at 3:31pm
They can get in trouble with their clients for divulging such information. They don't want to lose any contracts. So I don't necessarily take their word for it. I know friendship does and I know sunflex does. It's hard for me to believe galaxy doesn't.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
pingpongrob View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongrob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/02/2008 at 8:16pm
Cole, I see where your coming from, but there are some major differences between the clones & the Butterfly blades, the one that stands out the most is the Handle shape. Even though the Yinhe Blades have a nice handle, they are still not as chunky as the BTY blades.
Distributor for Andro, XIOM, Tibhar, Joola, Dr Neubauer, Donic, DHS, AIR, Dawei, 729 & Yinhe

http://www.affordablett.com.au
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2008 at 6:27am
Originally posted by pingpongrob pingpongrob wrote:

Cole, I see where your coming from, but there are some major differences between the clones & the Butterfly blades, the one that stands out the most is the Handle shape. Even though the Yinhe Blades have a nice handle, they are still not as chunky as the BTY blades.

I thought that a clone refers to the ply structure?
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2008 at 6:32am
yeh thats what i also thought, but maybe in the design as well, of the handle?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2008 at 7:55am
729 handles feel great but looks..........you know
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2008 at 8:54am
Rob, I'm not saying that the blades galaxy sells under that brand are clones to any others...at least not in shape. I still would bet if I had to that they produce some blades for other brands according to the specs given.

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2008 at 2:34pm
c'mon this is no brainer. if galaxy wants galaxy can make the same handle following specs of butterfly or sitga... and that would make perfect clones not just in playing characteristics but also in grip.

question is why they don't since it would have immense business potential ? :)

and the only answer i could think of is that they make the blades for name brand companies like bfy or stiga or donic etc. and to save their business; they have to differentiate their blades from their large client brands. :)

we did manufacture welding consumables for a large UK company, and they had strict guidelines that we cannot market the same design in our own brand name... so we had to make some superficial changes.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2008 at 2:43pm
It's obvious that many of Galaxy's blades have been inspired by Butterfly. We are assuming their blades are cheap imatations, but maybe some of them are BETTER than the original. IMO most of Butterfly's fast carbon blades are too heavy. The Galaxy effigys are lighter. :-).
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/03/2008 at 3:42pm
Well, I believe the folks at Galaxy consider themselves craftsmen, and their ideas of what is best is different from whatever other specs they might get.

I also believe that, like dhs, they are figuring out that the perception of quality is strongly tied to pricing. So if they create a higher priced product, there is the natural assumption that the quality is closer to butterfly, etc. That's why you're seeing them come out with the W, U, and previously S series blades that are priced between traditional chinese and japanese brands. Now they have this LQ blade that they obviously intend to market as equal to any all wood blades, based on the pricing.

tt junkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 7:50pm
I am looking for blade engineered with the playing characterisics of a Butterfly Primorac carbon blade but is built exactly(almost) like the Butterfly Gergely Tamca 5000 carbon...can anyone help me ?
make life fun with tt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 7:55pm
Is that possible?
tt junkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 8:00pm
I think so ...The carpenter should just need to use the carbon & wood construction of the Primorac ,put on the same shape & length handle of the Gergely as well as the ball surface area & VOILA ! ...being the "racket scientist " I am , I would pay for this venture
make life fun with tt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 8:02pm
Simple and price arrangable.
tt junkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 8:07pm
well...how could this be arranged ?
make life fun with tt
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/06/2008 at 8:19pm
they can put any price they want
thefred View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/08/2008 at 7:48am
Hi,
is there any clone of the Timo Boll Spark ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic