Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RITC 729 Faster Transcend REVIEW

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RITC 729 Faster Transcend REVIEW
    Posted: 01/27/2008 at 8:01am
I have been very curious about the performances of the transcend sponged rubbers so i decided to buy a red 729 transcend faster 2.2mm. when i opened the package i got a nice suprise. the packaging was good and the topsheet was above average chinese quality meaning it has better workmanship and consistency compared to normal hurricanes and friendship rubbers.. it has the same quality and consistency compared to the XP n XT rubbers..
i glued it on my waldner carbon senso and it was kinda head heavy together with my black H2.. well the weight for the faster is good for a chinese rubber since it is lightr than most rubbers like the orange sponged ritc rubbers or the normal avalox purot.. lets put it this way, faster is lighter than the skylines and hurricanes but it is heavier than a geospin or a normal globe 999... it weighs like a globe 999T 43 degree chinese sponge.. or if you compare it to a euro rubber feels a bit lighter than a sonex x45 and wieghs a bit like sriver but a bit heavier han a mark v.. it can be considered moderately light..
the rubber is bouncy and has a bit less dwell time compared to other chinese rubbers.. it is not as tacky compared to normal RITC's (slight tackiness).. it behaves like an H2 because it has a low throw angle though not as fast as an H2 esp. in smashes and loop drves but still very fast.. i like hard rubbers and the faster's hardness is about 43-4 degrees.. it does not give a dead bounce compared to an H2.
i tried hitting and smashing with this rubber and i say it performed very good though its bread butter is on loop drives. i can say its a good looping rubber but i think its well suited for loop drives better because of its less dwell time and fast speed..
i like this rubber in my BH because i was looking for a hard Bh rubber which can more or less perform the way an H2 does.. its good especially in punch blocks and normal blocks since its a hard rubber and not super tacky so it doesnt react that much to incoming spinny balls.
all in all id recommend this rubber to ppl who are looking for almost hurricane 2 like substitute but needs a lighter and bouncier rubber.. you will not be disappointed with this rubber and its worth moe than its price
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2008 at 8:01am
my thanks to Dexter and the other Bicol express guys who helped me play today and test the rubber
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

tstt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tstt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2008 at 10:33am
i don't think so!
Old chinese Ritc729  ,H2& H3 are much better...
tstt
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2008 at 7:22pm
no they are not and better is too broad of a term.. the ritc faster trascend excells in many aspects and not all.. if you read carefully about my post it refers to certain aspects that the h2, h3 and other old ritc rubbers that don't have much.. the one thign i hate about it is that they colored the sponge green! ewwwww

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic