FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

A Serious Issue with Newgy 2040 Robot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NotTalented View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NotTalented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Serious Issue with Newgy 2040 Robot
    Posted: 02/01/2008 at 9:04am
I bought a Newgy 2040 robot about 5 months ago and am very disappointed with it. The reason is that it jams up after  throwing out only 3-5 balls all the time. The dealer is not able to do anything about it. I emailed Newgy  on 24th January 2008 but have only received an automated confirmation of receipt of complaint. I don't know why Newgy maintains this deafening silence. Clearly there is an issue here with the 2040. Of course there goes the warranty. Anybody has this bad experience would like to help me solve the problem? Thanks
Sponsored Links

agni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 9:49am
1. the balls are all new . Put all the new balls or even the old ones in a bucket with soapy water and rinse them for sometime , then soak them till they are dry . Put them back in robot & go thru all using a heavy speed , high freq option . The friction will go away & there will be no further issue .

2. There are some tt balls whose sizes are defective . check them with the equipment provided , If they are fine . Also check If it is set to 40mm.

3. It is defective , or the tube is quite narrow , needs replacement .

applegreen allplay senso v1

FH yasaka mark v 2.0
BH Sriver FX 2.0

anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 12:39pm
Where is it jamming? is it near the head? at the very bottom where it picks up???
Blades:
Xiom Stradivarius - Sriver EL 2.1
Andro Super Core Kinetic OFF+ - Plasma 380 2.0
Stiga Allround Evolution - Palio CJ8000 2.2
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 2:07pm
I have been using 2040 for some 1.4 years. I have not seen major problems except the grrrr... sound, and the lack of spin it generates. I have not seen the problem that you are saying.

After the sound became noisy, I spoke to Newgy to get it fixed. I have not got any positive response from them.

There are few things you can check out:

1. Is there something like cloth, carpet fibre jammed in the throwing arm?
2. Check the power supply. Is there a voltage problem?
3. Do you have at least 30 to 40 balls in the holder to push the ball through throwing arm?

Be tough on the newgy guys. If you have problems, just PM me.

LeeMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 2:33pm
Did you wash the balls with soapy water before you first used them?
Nexy Oscar + Xiom Sigma II Europe + Xiom Vega Japan
LachlanTan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LachlanTan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2008 at 4:52pm
Hi NotTalented, I believe the washing ball is the problem, that also happens to the Supermaster robot, but it is mentioned in the manual already.
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 4:56pm

I have a Newgy 2040 and lately have experienced a problem with the power switch on the unit.  Sometime swhen I press "ON", the LED light will be on right away and the unit will start working right away but some of the times, it looks like there is power (because I could see the LED light turns on but however very dimmed).  What I usually do in this case is to keep switching it ON and OFF a few times and eventually the light will come on with full power and the unit will be working normal again.  It has been an annoyment to my practice session. :( I have not contacted Newgy about this yet.  Anyone has experienced the same issue?

amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by NotTalented NotTalented wrote:

I bought a Newgy 2040 robot about 5 months ago and am very disappointed with it. The reason is that it jams up after  throwing out only 3-5 balls all the time. The dealer is not able to do anything about it. I emailed Newgy  on 24th January 2008 but have only received an automated confirmation of receipt of complaint. I don't know why Newgy maintains this deafening silence. Clearly there is an issue here with the 2040. Of course there goes the warranty. Anybody has this bad experience would like to help me solve the problem? Thanks

Sorry, but this doesn't make much sense. You bought it "about 5 months ago" - that would be February, right? Yet you emailed them "on 24th January"? And that's all, you just sent them one email 6 months ago, and nothing else since? Have you tried calling them? 1-800-55-NEWGY. You should speak to their support staff.

As others have said, washing the balls is important to avoid jams.
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2008 at 8:42pm
He has posted the message on 02/01/2008.
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by varghesep varghesep wrote:

He has posted the message on 02/01/2008.

Oh I see, thanks. Didn't notice that the original post was so old. Do we know whether the issue got resolved??
THEMANFZ1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEMANFZ1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by agni agni wrote:

1. the balls are all new . Put all the new balls or even the old ones in a bucket with soapy water and rinse them for sometime , then soak them till they are dry . Put them back in robot & go thru all using a heavy speed , high freq option . The friction will go away & there will be no further issue .

2. There are some tt balls whose sizes are defective . check them with the equipment provided , If they are fine . Also check If it is set to 40mm.

3. It is defective , or the tube is quite narrow , needs replacement .

"then soak them till they are dry".......WTF?
Joola MC1-Inspirit Quattro 2.0 & Palio CJ8000
Ritc V6-Globe 999 2.0 & 729 lightning FX
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2008 at 11:18pm
it's a recipe for marinating new balls ;)
newgy's jam really fast if you're using a very low frequency speed, i don't think anyone would benefit from using such a low freq speed, it will make you slower when you play a real person
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic