Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

table tennis shoes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
KHatfull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KHatfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 11:40am
Well, for me yes...you're at a higher skill level than me I'm sure so perhaps it won't be as meaningful to you.  But, you do some defined drills, get to hit once or twice against the robot and Ross or Joe to take a look at what you're doing and let you know if there's a correction to be made.  This past week the drills we did:

1) FH-BH push alternating.
2) Deep, fast, dead ball serve.
3) 4th ball attack.
4) One other, I forget...

Once the drills and robot work are done there's a few minutes of king of the hill games.  All-in-all, I think for $6 if you're a Lifetime member it's quite valuable.
Avallo AVX Hado // Sriver EL 1.9 // Sriver EL 1.9
Sponsored Links

bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 11:50am
yeah it'd be 8 dollars for me but like you said it'd be worth it.  And you don't have to pay to play in the tournament so you should make it worth the trip to play in it, it would be a good chance for you to use those skills.  I talked to Joe about it on Saturday, i've known him for a long time, him and Ross do a lot of good things for table tennis here in the cities.  Well hopefully we can finally meet up this weekend.
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
2winged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2winged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 8:35pm
Thanks for t he  info.  Just ordered a pair myself.  Sending my  under-sized 13 and 1/2 adidas back to  TT  Pioneers.  Seems like most  TT shoe manufacturers think players have narrow feet.
2winged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2winged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by KHatfull KHatfull wrote:

I just ordered a pair of these at $44.95 on clearance (and in EEEE width....I have freakishly wide feet Cry):

http://www.racquetballwarehouse.com/descpage.html?PCODE=NB653GM

Probably a LOT better than the running shoes I play in now Wink

Just ordered a pair myself.  Good ole 4E's.  Didn't quote your post the first time.
Blade: BTY Adolescen, Gergely 21
Rubber: Inspirit Quattro, Innova
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 10:01pm
Aren't the soles a bit too thick on these New Balance shoes?

The whole idea of specialized TT/badminton/racquetball shoes is that they are not regular sneakers, the "underfoot" part of the shoe is not as unneccessarily thick as with regular sneaker, which is certainly good as with thick soles you run much higher risk of twisting an ankle when you jump left and right during the TT match...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2008 at 10:19pm
li ning shoes are good also the donic waldner flex which is a mizuno shoe or a shoe close to the mizuno equivalent is good

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2008 at 1:01am
I use Adidas basketball shoes (can't remember the model). These are among the lightest bball shoes available in Canada. Great for Table Tennis.

I tried some Stiga Speedgrip shoes before but they pretty much sucked. I find most of the shoes manufactured by TT companies are low quality. They just can't compete with the quality and technologies of established shoe brands.
Blades:
Xiom Stradivarius - Sriver EL 2.1
Andro Super Core Kinetic OFF+ - Plasma 380 2.0
Stiga Allround Evolution - Palio CJ8000 2.2
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2008 at 4:50am
Joma Sala Max. Best shoes I've ever tried
KHatfull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KHatfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2008 at 9:20am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Aren't the soles a bit too thick on these New Balance shoes?

The whole idea of specialized TT/badminton/racquetball shoes is that they are not regular sneakers, the "underfoot" part of the shoe is not as unneccessarily thick as with regular sneaker, which is certainly good as with thick soles you run much higher risk of twisting an ankle when you jump left and right during the TT match...

Perhaps, but for those of us who have (as I said earlier) "freakishly wide feet" specialized shoes are hard to find.  These are marketed as racquetball shoes.  We'll see.  I didn't say they were a perfect TT shoe but I think thought they'll  be an order of magnitude better than what I use now.  If I wasn't so embarrassed I'd post a pic of my current TT "footwear". Wink
forehandsmash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forehandsmash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2008 at 9:42am
acsics GEL
KHatfull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KHatfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2008 at 11:53am
Originally posted by 2winged 2winged wrote:

Thanks for the info.  Just ordered a pair myself.  Sending my under-sized 13 and 1/2 adidas back to  TT  Pioneers.  Seems like most  TT shoe manufacturers think players have narrow feet.

Welcome 2winged, hope they work out for you too.

Just (literally) received mine.  Seem well made enough, I've always had good luck with New Balance shoes..  They're wide enough for my feet in the size 12 without excess length in the toe area.  And, at least on the tile floor in the breakroom here at work, wow, the gum rubber soles stop on a dime.

The other nice thing is they're not gaudily decorated...especially important to older, mature folks like myself Wink

Now, just to break them in...
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2008 at 12:20pm
if anyone is planning to buy some tt shoes they have to try the top of the line yonex badminton shoes, they are amazing they give u so much bounce and energy, your legs will thank u, much less fatigue, it will add another level to ur game that u never knew u had.....they r a bit pricey but worth every penny, instant gratification. lateral movement is spectacular, there light and very very comfortable. i don't think yonex could have got more out of a shoe then they did out of these ones, i really don't know what more i could ask for in a shoe ....brovo to yonex on these ones. great for people with wide feet too

and i have tried a lot of t.t. shoes like mizuno, donic, the 1st and 2nd generation addidas clima cool.

i think they added about 100 points or more to my rating instantly, no joke!

the link is below if anyone would like to take a look

http://www.yonex.com/badminton/shoes/index.html

Blade:Stiga Sense 7.6/ Timo ZLC

FH: Tenergy 05FX

BH: Tibhar Q5 Sound

KHatfull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KHatfull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2008 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by pokerpete pokerpete wrote:

if anyone is planning to buy some tt shoes they have to try the top of the line yonex badminton shoes

Yeah, wide widths?  I didn't see them on the Yonex site.
pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2008 at 1:59pm
if u press the link they are the first ones , white and gold u cant miss them

pokerpete View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokerpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2008 at 2:15pm

Thanks for t he  info.  Just ordered a pair myself.  Sending my  under-sized 13 and 1/2 adidas back to  TT  Pioneers.  Seems like most  TT shoe manufacturers think players have narrow feet.

ya i had the same problem too, only i didn't send them back. maybe i should try to sell them? only used twice for like an hour or so any takers? still like new
$45 plus shipping (reg. price $120)

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2008 at 5:53pm
Yasaka G(atien)-Pro DeLuxe shoes are supposed to be a bit wider than usual and I read a few very good reviews, BUT it seems that I can't find them anywhere  in 10.5 or better in 11 here in the USA...

http://www.americantabletennis.com/get_item_gpd_yasaka-g-pro-de-luxe-shoes.htm

This is one of the links (they don't have them however), in some other place they only have 11.5 and 12... as I recall...

nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2008 at 8:21pm
i have a pictures of adidas table tennis shoes in my blog: http://predeo.blogspot.com/
2winged View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2winged Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2008 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by KHatfull KHatfull wrote:

Thanks for the info.  Just ordered a pair myself.  Sending my under-sized 13 and 1/2 adidas back to  TT  Pioneers.  Seems like most  TT shoe manufacturers think players have narrow feet.

Welcome 2winged, hope they work out for you too.

Just (literally) received mine.  Seem well made enough, I've always had good luck with New Balance shoes..  They're wide enough for my feet in the size 12 without excess length in the toe area.  And, at least on the tile floor in the breakroom here at work, wow, the gum rubber soles stop on a dime.

The other nice thing is they're not gaudily decorated...especially important to older, mature folks like myself Wink

Now, just to break them in...

Let me know how they are when you get the chance.  I saw positive reviews on them.
Blade: BTY Adolescen, Gergely 21
Rubber: Inspirit Quattro, Innova
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2008 at 10:47am
I've contacted my only local supplier/reseller - Guterman International Sports - let's see what they have... but if they only are a web store then I guess I am out of luck. I switched back to my old NB shoes, they have a thinner sole than expensive Nike my mom bought me as a present... they are really good sneakers but a bit too thick-soled - I feel that sometimes my ankles are about to try and twist when I make a sudden push/jump/jerk...

HunkyTonk View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunkyTonk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2008 at 10:27pm
Joola Court 7, the best tt shoes i've ever tried...they are designed to support ankles and knees, they feel so comfortable...recommended for those who think speed play above all......
Schlager Carbon
Fh-Coppa JO Gold,
BH-Donic F3

http://www.tenismeja.tk
hhca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2008 at 1:56am
Originally posted by pokerpete pokerpete wrote:

if u press the link they are the first ones , white and gold u cant miss them

where do you buy in east canada?
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2008 at 2:05am

Have you guys ever seen any decent TT shoes which have wider versions? almost all of the regular stores carry only medium width, and ALL of the web stores only carry medium width... unfortunately I need 2E or even wider...
look fo joola.
i had a pair that was wider than i could imagine.very good design,but they are wide and if the price is not a factor,,,yo got them
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2008 at 3:19am
Radial Win, Last more than 6 months.
Currently using Radial 070
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

culvch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote culvch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2008 at 4:35am
peter 79,

How is Radial Win compared to Radail 070 or Mizuno tt shoes?

Interested in BTY tt shoes but difficult to get  in Malaysia. Where did you buy? 
CUL
STW 1Ply Hinoki C Pen
FH DHS PF4-50 (Red)
BH RITC 802-40 (Black)

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2008 at 5:11am
asics gel.
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2008 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

Have you guys ever seen any decent TT shoes which have wider versions? almost all of the regular stores carry only medium width, and ALL of the web stores only carry medium width... unfortunately I need 2E or even wider...
look fo joola.
i had a pair that was wider than i could imagine.very good design,but they are wide and if the price is not a factor,,,yo got them

Yeah, but do they ever sell them in regular stores? I don't think so... I really need to try them on my actual freaky feet...

ttvig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttvig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2008 at 6:54pm
What do you guys think about donic taraga flex shoes
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2008 at 11:25pm
for all you guys talking about shoes i had a pair iam selling for $60 shipped
the shoes are crossmatch plio 3 size 7.5 us(26jp)they have the blk insignia.iruiru  selling them for approx.$50+$28 for shipping +tax!!!!i am taking a cut on these as they are new not used $15 is cost of my shpping fees so price of shoes are $45
railroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote railroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2008 at 11:47pm
For me, any running shoes from BIG5 are good, and they have a lot on sale. They have a very nice grip and they are light weight. I used Butterfly before but I didnt like it. It was also very expensive with shipping.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2008 at 11:14am
Originally posted by railroad railroad wrote:

For me, any running shoes from BIG5 are good, and they have a lot on sale. They have a very nice grip and they are light weight. I used Butterfly before but I didnt like it. It was also very expensive with shipping.

What's BIG5? is that a shoe store?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic