Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Part 1: Stiga OC - with WRB? or without WRB?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/18/2008 at 10:20pm
my i 1st use offensive cr.. my game drop for a while that is come out to better than before later when i have master the blade.
Sponsored Links

kosa123 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kosa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2008 at 3:03am
What is the main purpose for a blade to have a vibrating feel? 
nashron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2008 at 3:39am
emm i also would like to know.. why that blade vibrate?
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2008 at 4:07am

Whether there is vibration or not depends much on the properties of materials used (wood, kevlar, carbon, etc) and the construction of the blade as whole.

Carbon blades are usually stiffer and thus transmit minimal vibration.  All-wood (depends on type of woods and construction) usually has some kind of vibration:  can be more or can be less.

The purpose of vibration?  Many people associate vibration with feeling.  Does it mean more vibration = more feeling?  IME, there are vibration coming from the contact of ball with wood (through rubbers) + residual vibration.  True feeling of a blade comes from the 1st type of vibration.  Thus I think the goal of making a better feeling all-wood blade is to choose types of woods and construct the blade in a certain way so that the 1st type of vibration can be obtained (or at least close to).  It is residual vibration that wants to be minimized.  Therefore highly vibrated blade is not good, it masks the feeling while no vibration blade is bad also because it eliminates the feeling.

Other people don't associate feeling with vibration.  Thus a stiff carbon blade or dampening kevlar/arylate blade can be considered to have subtle or better feel according to this type of people.

In reality, it comes down to preference.  Do you like vibrating blade or stiff blade?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic