FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

butterfly vsg blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: butterfly vsg blades
    Posted: 02/19/2008 at 6:57pm
Has anyone tryed andy blades from this series, what is special about them and do you recommend tem?
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
Sponsored Links

MildSeven View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MildSeven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2008 at 10:14pm
I had a VSG-1000 a long time ago. It was faster than my viscaria but it was not manufuactured by butterfly and eventually broke due to the top ply coming off. Vibration characteristics were crisp but the feel of the handle and head size are not typical butterfly dimensions.
bull_harrier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bull_harrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2008 at 10:26pm
They acutally aren't bad, i've tried every one and they are solid well balanced blades. 
Clipper CR WRB
FH: Boost TP
BH: Boost TP

My Biology/Physiology Learning Channel on Youtube
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2008 at 10:27pm
I used a VSG-4000 for a short time.  There's a carbon tube inside a hollowed-out handle and it easily becomes very head-heavy (terrible balance) with 2.1 rubbers.  The feel is also very muted, hence the name "vibration shutout grip."  These are Chinese-made Butterfly blades and priced lower.  I think something like the Korbel or Kong Linghui Euro would be better blades if sticking with BTY.
ajchien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajchien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2008 at 1:15am
I've had the VSG1000, 2000 and 3000. I thought the balance was relatively handle-heavy because the head size was compact 153x150. For me, Japanese rubbers up to max werent head heavy. Chinese sponged rubbers did make it head heavy. I thought the VSG did what it was supposed to, make vibration go away - making the feel of the blades somewhat different from others. They felt - softer in general. I thought they looped and blocked very well.

The 3000 was an allaround blade, I'd rate it at ALL+. The 2000 was the heavy one - and I thought it favored the mid-distance power looper, OFF. The 1000 was more of an all around attacker's blade, OFF.  I think they are all a little slower than butterfly rates them.

Oh yeah, I think Sunflex makes these blades for Butterfly.
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2008 at 1:16am
chinese-made?really?
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2008 at 3:30am
yep, sunflex.
Potato Face
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2008 at 3:58am
silvalis,please clear your pm's.
thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic