Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

"Bomb" sponge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zhuangcorp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhuangcorp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Bomb" sponge
    Posted: 03/02/2008 at 2:10pm
I was wondering if anybody knows about bomb?

I bought a sponge from a Chinese store and the shopkeeper told me the sponge is called "bomb" and is Japanese. On eacheng.com it is listed under japanese sponges, but I have my doubts.

Does anybody know about the qualities or characteristics of the sponge?
Sponsored Links

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2008 at 2:24pm
it's a jap sponge and it's supposed to be a very high quality sponge similar to the couga sponge!
zhuangcorp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhuangcorp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/02/2008 at 2:41pm
oh really? Interesting.

I have 2 bomb sponges, glued on 729-2 topsheets. I was surprised at how well it plays on the forehand, because I thought the sponge was just some cheap sponge.

It is very very hard, but  feels different from Hurricane hardness. Somehow, it feels more rubbery/more tension. When I glue thin layer of speed glue, there isn't much affect, but with 3 layers, it seems to react quite well.
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/03/2008 at 10:42am

There is a bomb carbon sponge that is grey, and a thunder sponge that is white.  I used to carry them, but truth is the dawei sponges play just as well glue up with a lot better click.  Plus I had to sell the bomb sponges for like $12 a pop and didn't make any money at that.  But they are good sponges as chinese sponges go.  Heavy, but good speed.

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic