Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

REACTOR Tornado

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: REACTOR Tornado
    Posted: 03/13/2008 at 2:42pm
REACTOR TORNADO 2.2mm - Originaly developed in 2004 for national Hong Kong table tennis team. It was a 2 year contract deal which they dropped in 2006 due to weight, claiming that rubber overall was 10% on heavier side that originaly proposed. In my personal opinion they are not any heavier than any other Chinese rubber on the market today. Although any 2.2mm rubber will be on heavier side due to sponge thickness. REACTOR TORNADO is top quality, lightning fast and spinny rubber. Fast speed you can achieve with speed glue, but without it will loose up to 30% of speed. Even like that it is still very moderate fast. Some players rated this rubber to be low throw rubber, but in my opinion is on higher (medium) side. Although medium throw really does not exist. Sponge is very bouncy and it does have feature called 3S, which combine three different sponge molecules that under speed glue reaction creating extremely elastic rubber very fast. Top sheet is made of premium grade rubber quality. You can purchase REACTOR brand table tennis rubbers for $11.00 including shipping in continental US or Canada. Please mail for more info.
Sponsored Links

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 12:30pm
I actually thought it was lighter than the H3. Strange.
The ball seems to bounce off well . . . with control.
Great price. Nice quality sheets.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by melarimsa melarimsa wrote:

RIn my personal opinion they are not any heavier than any other Chinese rubber on the market today. 

Is it a brick? How many grams does it weight when cut to a standard sized blade approximately?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
penguin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 6:43pm
its a brick thats stiff and doesn't give much spin. The only way of ever making it a playable rubber is to glue that 45d rock of a sponge until it turns into mush. Regardless of the sponge rating its way too hard just by the touch.

Rossi please don't jump in with the hk crap, heard it all.
WSC / Persson V1
Higher-Sriver / Higher-Almana
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 10:19pm
Sorry Penguin,
I either disagree with you or we there's some inconsistency from sheet to sheet because the two I tested were grippy, springy, and medium weight. For the price . . . great Euro/Chinese hybrid.
creeder06 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeder06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 10:39pm
your smokin crack tommy, it is like gluing a cinder block to you paddle. t can be spinny yes and it can be fast but so can just about anything with half a can of fair chalk on it.
if table tennis is to sports, what star wars is to movies, then you must be chewbacca.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 11:01pm
creeder, I tried that rubber more than a week after I detoxed. I'm not saying it was my favorite rubber. I like them much lighter; however, the quality and price are good. Maybe I got used to the H3, which is a cinderblock.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic