Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

check these reviews out!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: check these reviews out!!
    Posted: 03/15/2008 at 4:33am
I am a member of a korean online TT Club which is called "Hedgehog TT Club". The bloke who has run it for the last 5 years, is known as "Hedgehog". He values enonymity and has not revealed his identity. He seems to have a doctorate on car engineering, or stuff like that. He has passed on the valuable information, tips and knowledge on the sport of table tennis, and also given consultations to members with problems, and encouraged the members help one another just like this forum.

One of the reasons I am a big fan of this club is that this guy doesnt tolerate sarcasm, impoliteness among members, illogic in his forum.

He has written reviews on TT items in this forum and recently translated some of them into English. The ones offered here(http://cafe.daum.net/hhtabletennis) are;
Xiom AMADEUS
STIGA OPTIMUM SYNC
XIOM STRADIVARIUS
TIBHAR LUCJAN BLASZCZYK.

You dont have to sign up or log in to view the articles. When you get to the initial page, you will see the menu reading [English contents] on the left. Click it to read the 4 reviews available in English.

I am 100% or more sure that every TT freaks here will love all of them, and very sorry that's only 4 to share with you, out of 71 reviews there are.
Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 4:59am
the xiom stradi review was VERY thorough, interesting and nice to read, love the graphs! its like a science lab disguised in a table tennis website!
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

gtlug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 9:04am
Great! I just buy an Optimum Sync, and now I am even more impatien about trying it!!! Hope there will be more reviews in English, but if so, it will be an incredible tool for equipment choosing.
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 9:25am
excellent reviews!
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 12:47pm
Nice review. The pictures are high quality and excellent. The manufacturers could learn a thing or two about giving some nice pictures and measurements on their website like this guy.

Did he buy 3 handle types of Stradivarius to take pictures of? That's a fortune right there
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 12:48pm
i wonder how much time he spent on such review. nice work.
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Budric Budric wrote:

Nice review. The pictures are high quality and excellent. The manufacturers could learn a thing or two about giving some nice pictures and measurements on their website like this guy.

Did he buy 3 handle types of Stradivarius to take pictures of? That's a fortune right there

In the cases of Xiom products, he is saying that he gets things for free because he has a connection with them. He has over 10 blades of a same model of different weights in some cases. He is also involved in the development of new line up of Xiom blades, for some of them he is fully responsible.
Since his influence are getting larger the manufacturers and importers ask for his reviews. Though he is currently a regular reviewer of butterflykorea and is working with Xiom(this will sound pretty commercial), his reviews ON HIS FORUM have been very objective. Of course he writes on stuff which he really thinks are worth reviewing.
swissping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 10:05pm
Excellent reviews, especially the ones from the Xiom Blades. Great Work!
VH:Samba Joola
BH:Armstrong Rosin
Blade: TRinnova Sonar Blade
---------------------
www.trinnova-blades.com / Handmade Blades
peeweeman30 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peeweeman30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/15/2008 at 11:40pm
Wow I love these! Does he review rubbers? And if then did he review Reactive Novar and Reactive Corbor? I really want to see his opinion on these and if he has then can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease translate it. CryCry
Blade: Stiga Allround Classic FL Master
FH: Reactor Novar 2.2mm
BH: Reactor Corbor PRO 2.2mm
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 5:26am
review the dippper please....lol
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 2:18pm
wow amazing review, would be superb to see everything in english :P
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Acuda S1
dan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 4:35pm
how do i copy the text from the chinese reviews?
Can you give me that information?because i want to put the text on a translator to translate to english...
>HELP!!!
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 5:00pm
very informative.thank you very much for the link.i am sure other reviews can be translated by using google translating tool..i will definetly try

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peeweeman30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by holda holda wrote:

very informative.thank you very much for the link.i am sure other reviews can be translated by using google translating tool..i will definetly try
You can't try since you can't copy-paste the material. Unless you buy one of those programs that buy translate the site from Korean to English.
Originally posted by dan31 dan31 wrote:

Can you give me that information?because i want to put the text on a translator to translate to english...
>HELP!!!
You can't. It is meant so people wouldn't copy their information. But innocent people lilke us can't use a site to translate it. Cry Someone please let me know if you know a translating tool I can use. Smile
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 5:13pm
nice reviews, didn't know bolero was cpen version of strad.
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by peeweeman30 peeweeman30 wrote:

You can't try since you can't copy-paste the material. Unless you buy one of those programs that buy translate the site from Korean to English.

>HELP!!!
You can't. It is meant so people wouldn't copy their information. But innocent people lilke us can't use a site to translate it. Cry Someone please let me know if you know a translating tool I can use. Smile
whatever happend here,i can't copy and paste anything!crap.
somebody please give us some help dealing with this
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 5:23pm
I now know what my Photino is made out of! very insiteful.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
holda View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

lixiao,are you happy with it?what is it similar to?can you tell?
opinari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opinari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 6:29pm
You can copy and paste the text into a translator by disabling javascript on the website.

Firefox is able to do this with the web developer extension. I trust people will respect the owner's intent not to distribute his reviews on other websites.
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by peeweeman30 peeweeman30 wrote:

Wow I love these! Does he review rubbers? And if then did he review Reactive Novar and Reactive Corbor? I really want to see his opinion on these and if he has then can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease translate it. CryCry

He has reviewed some tt shoes, speedglue(though he is strongly against the use of speedglue) and rubbers. But he is rather forcused on the shakehand blades(he is a shakehander). Reason being that there aren't many Cpen users in Korea(getting popular though) and that Jpens are sort of born not made in terms of nature of the composition relying more on the individuality.

Reactive Novar and Rative Corbor are pretty new to me and most of korean tt players. HH must have wider knowledge, but I reckon there must be enough motives for him to test an item so thorough.
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 11:11pm

hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 11:17pm

Photin review is not in English. or can you read Korean?
The menu('탁구용품 테스트/리뷰") just on the [English contents] is reviews in Korean. Even if you don't understand korean, you can check the composition of the blades.
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 11:24pm

>HELP!!!
There is no chinese reviews. Chinese letters you saw must be part of a notice written in Japanese, I guess.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 11:24pm

lixiao,are you happy with it?what is it similar to?can you tell?

Well I learned that my Photino has to top plies of Hinoki then under that is 2 thin layers of Zylon, then there is one thick layer of Kiri.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 11:25pm
gj, u can read english words off of the photo ;p
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peeweeman30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by opinari opinari wrote:

You can copy and paste the text into a translator by disabling javascript on the website.

Firefox is able to do this with the web developer extension. I trust people will respect the owner's intent not to distribute his reviews on other websites.

Oh, thank you very much! Smile
hjyoo99 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hjyoo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 11:42pm

you are very sensible... sometimes it is pretty annoying.. but when he gives out his stuff freely, it is very least thing that you respect his intent..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peeweeman30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/16/2008 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by hjyoo99 hjyoo99 wrote:

you are very sensible... sometimes it is pretty annoying.. but when he gives out his stuff freely, it is very least thing that you respect his intent..
He is, and us honest people need are too. We just need to translate it. One of his intents is to inform right? Well he can't inform if us people don't translate it. Smile
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 1:27am
Wow.  Those graphs are amazing.  If he could do that for every blade it would be so much easier to choose a blade based on it playing characteristics and feel.  Those graphs also explain why I feel like my Clipper is flexible yet stiff.
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
dan31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2008 at 8:57am
"You can copy and paste the text into a translator by disabling javascript on the website"------>how do i do that with internet explorer?
PLEASE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic