Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Official Speed Glue Effect Rubber Thread!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/19/2008 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by jpenlover jpenlover wrote:

Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

How long did your Energy last?

I have used it for about 3 months, playing 2-3 times at the club each week. It still works OK.

What percentage of its full capability would you say it is at now?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sponsored Links

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 10:01am
Bump for alpali.
grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 12:13pm
Bryce Speed

I initially placed the rubber on my "Sardius" blade, but find it a little hard to control. I removed the rubber from that blade and placed it on my "Bolltricarbon" blade, and I find it easier to control the rubber. The rubber is very fast, and it is meant for far table play. A very good rubber for attacking play. However, it is pretty hard to play short and mid distance with this rubber, which is why I put "Tackifire Special" on the backhand of the blade for that.
Blade : Butterfly Andrzej Grubba FL
FH : Butterfly Sriver
BH : Butterfly Sriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by grubbafan grubbafan wrote:

Bryce Speed

and it is meant for far table play.

Originally posted by grubbafan grubbafan wrote:

Bryce Speed

However, it is pretty hard to play short and mid distance with this rubber.

grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 12:18pm
Hmmm....anything wrong with my comments? 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 12:22pm
I'm just confused, you say it is meant for far table play, but it is hard to play mid distance, so do you mean it should be played with beyond 4 ft. from the table or so?
grubbafan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grubbafan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/20/2008 at 12:32pm
Oh....actually, I meant the shots will be towards the end of the table. It is hard to place the ball close to the net, or playing the ball at the middle point of the table. I tend to use my backhand rubber for my close shots.
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2008 at 5:00pm
What the difference between the Joola Green Power and the Joola Energy Extra?
Blades:
Xiom Stradivarius - Sriver EL 2.1
Andro Super Core Kinetic OFF+ - Plasma 380 2.0
Stiga Allround Evolution - Palio CJ8000 2.2
GraemeW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraemeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2008 at 5:15pm
Same topsheet - different sponges. EGP is 42.5 deg. and Xtra is 37.5 deg.

EGP a bit faster - Xtra spinnier and louder.
Butterfly Korbel ST
Red FH: BTY Tenergy T80 1.9mm
Black BH: TSP Curl P4 1.5mm
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2008 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by GraemeW GraemeW wrote:

Same topsheet - different sponges. EGP is 42.5 deg. and Xtra is 37.5 deg.

EGP a bit faster - Xtra spinnier and louder.

energy extra is very spinny indeed.
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2008 at 2:01am
Excellent! thanks for the info. I'm curious to try the energy extras now!
Blades:
Xiom Stradivarius - Sriver EL 2.1
Andro Super Core Kinetic OFF+ - Plasma 380 2.0
Stiga Allround Evolution - Palio CJ8000 2.2
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2008 at 4:55am
If someone can clarify something for me, I would be VERY grateful.

Sriver G2 FX - does this fall into "speed glue effect" category?  I see people talking about gluing it, but wonder if gluing is necessary, how does it play out of the package?

Another random question, how is durability of energy extra, are we talking the fragility of EGP, andro plasma etc?

Thanks!
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2008 at 5:25am
One more question, answer and become my personal hero - energy extra vs. impulse speed, can someone give a brief compare and contrast?  Extra extra bonus if you relate it to F3.

Thanks so much.
GraemeW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GraemeW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2008 at 5:36am
Can't comment on Impuls Speed or F3!

But I can say that Xtra is fairly durable for a tensor. The secret to preserving tensors is... Edge Tape! Good quality, 12mm edge tape, which is wide enough for most blades and 2 MAX rubbers. We spend lots of money on lovely new rubbers and then don't spend just a little bit more to look after them! The dings and nicks generally come from contact with table and edge tape usually prevents that.

For what it's worth, here's the review of Energy Xtra I recently posted on DTTW.

" I have been using JOOLA Energy Xtra MAX exclusively this season and so have quite a bit of experience with it.

It's quick and very spinny, especially for opening loops at the table. Despite the speed it retains decent control over the table - enough for it not to be a liability. The rubber excels in the short to mid distance looping game and the soft sponge gives enough dwell time for large amounts of mechanical spin to be generated. It still performs well far back but you need to give it a bit of oomph - having said that, unless you're playing with a fast carbon blade and heavily glued rubbers then you're always going to have to do that.

Durability has not been an issue so far - average life span has been about 4 months of heavy use (2/3/4 days per week), though I tend to put new ones on my forehand every 2 months and switch the used one to my backhand for another 2 months. As people have commented above, Energy Xtra is also fairly loud!

In conclusion, i would say that Energy Xtra has somewhere in the region of 50-60% of a full-on 'wet' glue job, but that is sufficient for my needs. The payback is in consistency from session to session, match to match - something I have also found in the 4 or 5 sheets I have used... no 'duds' yet!"
Butterfly Korbel ST
Red FH: BTY Tenergy T80 1.9mm
Black BH: TSP Curl P4 1.5mm
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2008 at 9:09am
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

If someone can clarify something for me, I would be VERY grateful.

Sriver G2 FX - does this fall into "speed glue effect" category?  I see people talking about gluing it, but wonder if gluing is necessary, how does it play out of the package?

Another random question, how is durability of energy extra, are we talking the fragility of EGP, andro plasma etc?

Thanks!

sriver g2 fx does not have a build in speed glue effect. It's better to speedglue/tune it.
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 4:33pm
While there's all the hype for tenergy, I am looking to try out either Sinus regular or Andro Roxon, I found some shops in europe(germany)but shipping is so high...basically for 1 sinus and 1 roxon, with shipping it came to 85Euros ~ 135US Dollars in this site, http://contra.de/
Do any of you know when paddle-palace might carry sinus, i emailed them long time ago but no response. Any other shops, especially for us here in US?
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
everest81 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote everest81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by everest81 everest81 wrote:

While there's all the hype for tenergy, I am looking to try out either Sinus regular or Andro Roxon, I found some shops in europe(germany)but shipping is so high...basically for 1 sinus and 1 roxon, with shipping it came to 85Euros ~ 135US Dollars in this site, http://contra.de/
Do any of you know when paddle-palace might carry sinus, i emailed them long time ago but no response. Any other shops, especially for us here in US?

On the same token though, if anyone(FROM US) is interested in these two or the tenergy(38euros), do let me know, if i have 3/4 rubbers to order then per/rubber will be cheaper, both discountwise and shipping wise.
Member of Single ply Hinoki club
Kokutaku Cho-Super Cho Tokusen + Tenergy Max
Collecting dust: Nittaku Cho tokusen 9mm, kokutaku cho tokusen 9mm, darker 90 10mm, ryno custom poc blade 10.2mm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2008 at 12:18am
Where did you end up buying the Sinus? Could you write up a quick review of it? Thanks in advance.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2008 at 6:35am

I'm also in a EJing testing process at the mmnt. As a Donic's fan, I couldn't resist to the new JO gold/silver and JP sonex gold.

In order to make it short, I would say that Gold (comming from F1) feels harder, not necessarly faster, better for blocks, drives and smashes. On acoustic, which is medium stiff, found it much more difficult to loop with. I had to switch it to Korbel (softer, more flexible blade) to give it it's full potential. There it's very good, but to be honest, there's nothing I can do with Gold that I can't do as well with F1. To me, not worth the extra money.

JO silver is another story. Clearly softer than F1. Level fast close the table. Missing some power mid and long distance. Throw angle is medium/low and ark is...long. On acoustic I had difficulties cause it was too soft compared to what I was used to. Switched it to Clipper, and there it was much better. Better than F1 on clipper I mean. Softness is balanced by wood stiffness. Very juicy on BH, for skillfull/advanced players only. I sticked F2 max on FH. Alltogether, a deadly combo. Love it !

JP gold ! the last but not the least ! My prefered one. It's faster than the two others (IMO). It's a tad softer than F1 and a hair harder than silver. Ark and throw angle is medium (not flat as silver). Very powerfull at all distances but surprisingly fairly controllable. A looper sheet no doubt, but levelly good at everything. It's a clear upgrade compared to F1. Loud sound, speed glue effect close to 90% (IMO again...). Marries wonderfully with acoustic. Medium + Medium = The great medium (khvn would say).

I still have to work on it and do some adjustments but JP gold takes the lead.
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic