Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What is up with DONIC???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 11:36am
Originally posted by asr1990 asr1990 wrote:

the Korbel has also been cloned, by Xiom i think

what model of xiom is a korbel clone?
Sponsored Links

speed_king View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

Originally posted by asr1990 asr1990 wrote:

the Korbel has also been cloned, by Xiom i think

what model of xiom is a korbel clone?

Also I want to know that answer!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 11:46am

LOLPeople, my sence is telling me that Donic spirit (agents) are here LOL. LOLIf we continue talking about that Donic should f**k off from market if they dont give us some cool products, they maybe will make some good stuffs for the next upcoming sesion.LOL

I'm just jokeing!
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:25pm
I agree Yogi bear

The Allround Classic, Offensive Classic and Clipper Wood are good blades, that have copied by other TT manufacturers, because they've been a popular choice for a lot of very good players over the years.

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:34pm
Well Avalox was the classic all wood blade that the chinese love, but now they moved on to stiga.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 1:56pm
I love my Donic Waldner Dotec Hinoki blade, and the table that I ended up buying is a Donic table, and I'm very happy with it. 

For a while, I wanted only BTY gear, but for those that are more open-minded about the gear they use, each company has at least a few things that would be the best for a particular person.  Then you can get a couple things from another company, and so on.  Donic seems to be one of those companies that does not make the best in everything, but I'd be surprised if everyone on this forum didn't find at least one great product from Donic.  Maybe they're waiting for some final ruling from the ITTF about rubbers before they waste their time with new products.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

I agree Yogi bear

The Allround Classic, Offensive Classic and Clipper Wood are good blades, that have copied by other TT manufacturers, because they've been a popular choice for a lot of very good players over the years.

It's not that they are not popular - I know they are. A lot of players in my club are playing with Stiga blades. We were simply saying that they "feel" (very subjectively) as what the originator of the thread called "grandpa" blades/rubbers, meaning they are not considered cool anymore... a lot of youngsters and more adventurous players are using Chinese blades which have finally caught up with major manufacturers in quality. I myself moved from Stiga, Butterfly, Tibhar to Xiom, then to Galaxy, 729, Dawei and custom blade (that' s just a one guy trip, of course). I still use some Btfy rubbers, Tibhar Rapid, Donic Desto F3 and many others are very decent rubbers... but the balance has certainly shifted.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Well Avalox was the classic all wood blade that the chinese love, but now they moved on to stiga.

you're wrong stiga are the classic blades the chinese love. because they couldn't get them. Stiga made a new brand with similar blades for the chinese players.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speed_king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 5:05pm

you're wrong stiga are the classic blades the chinese love. because they couldn't get them. Stiga made a new brand with similar blades for the chinese players.

Yes, I agree
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 5:34pm

Wha?? Huh? I didn't know that! Are you saying Stiga has another brand somewhere. Interesting. What's the other brand?
Blades:
Xiom Stradivarius - Sriver EL 2.1
Andro Super Core Kinetic OFF+ - Plasma 380 2.0
Stiga Allround Evolution - Palio CJ8000 2.2
gtlug View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2008 at 11:09am
Donic makes excellent products.  It's true that their products are not the coolest on earth, but they looks great imo. I just bought a Donic Bag, Grey and red, and it's really good looking. Blade designs are good too, but maybe not as cool as Xiom, and for the rubbers packages, I just don't care.

Donic is commited to european TT for a long time, especially german and swedish players. Maybe it's not good for their marketing, but it is good for european TT. They slept for the last years, but when you are sponsoring JO, who can you sponsored that have a greater impact? Now that he is retired, they need a neew top player. Patrick Baum has been a wrong choice.. but Dima will probably be a top player in the years to come. And I think they have a lot of expecations with Li Ping.

Avalox is a brand that have been created by the VP of Stiga in the 1980's for the Chineses. AVX blades are made in sweden. This is the Stiga link.

Here are some good Donic products, if someday you want to give it a try. I put here some classics blade and rubbers, things that you can't go wrong with, but that won't suprise you. I'll also put some newer stuff, that are good and are to try by EJ guys.

Classics:

Donic Defplay

Allround Blades:
Donic Applegreen/Waldner Allplay: The one I would recommend to beginners and true allround players.
Donic Waldner Senso: If you like Allround blades, but want a litttle bit more speed, this is a really good choice.

Offesnsives blades:
Donic Waldner Dicon : Used by JO for a time, this one is a good off blade. Don't look at Donic ratings for that one, it has more control than said, and less speed.
Donic Waldner Carbon :I just bought that one, and it is perfect for me. Allround blade, with 2 layers of Carbon. Similar to the Grubba Carbon, but a little bit faster.

Rubbers:
Donic JO Waldner : Good offensive rubber. GLued it was a bomb, unglued it allows you to make attacks shots and control shots. I like it on FH
Donic Coppa : Really good, all/offensive rubbers. I like it on BH.
Donic Vario : I have troubles to say exactly what a Vario is.

More recent stuffs that an EJ would probably like to try:
Donic Waldner Black Devil, speed demon
One blade from the Dotec series
DOnic Cayman, a very light blade.

Donic Formula Series gives you one of the best built-in glue feeling. A lot of choices here.

Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2008 at 1:00pm
I agree with the part that it looks boring, and also agree that they are sponsoring older playrs who are mostly known on the European circuit. I guess thay are not yet ready to hit the Asian markets which are so heavily dominated by butterfly, Nittaku and Yasaka. But quality wise, Donic is not bad, some of their woods are pretty nice. I currently use the Timo Ball, have used a Donic Perrson Powerplay as well, and its not bad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic