FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

glue reccomendations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Flicker Flicker wrote:

Originally posted by PingPangQiu PingPangQiu wrote:

DHS water base from flicker

PPQ - Is there a different forum member by the nickname of Flicker you are refering to?  Perhaps you want to clarify.  I certainly am not selling any kind of glue.  I just want to clarify since several people on this forum has IM'ed me regarding the glue.  I just don't want people to be misled. Thanks.

Flicker also gives out free rubbers, free blades, and free accessories. Feel free to pm him :D
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Sponsored Links

PingPangQiu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPangQiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by Flicker Flicker wrote:

Originally posted by PingPangQiu PingPangQiu wrote:

DHS water base from flicker

PPQ - Is there a different forum member by the nickname of Flicker you are refering to?  Perhaps you want to clarify.  I certainly am not selling any kind of glue.  I just want to clarify since several people on this forum has IM'ed me regarding the glue.  I just don't want people to be misled. Thanks.
Sorry it is not you
chu_bun View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu_bun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 6:47pm
Originally posted by Hefner Hefner wrote:

Could anybody post a picture of a "regular" rubber cement that you use instead of tt glue? Is it a specific type of rubber cement that you can use or just any rubber cement?

I�m not even sure I can buy rubber cement here in Iceland

Google "rubber cement" and you should get tons of pictures.  I like rubber cement because they are cheaper than TT glue and also very easy to clean.  I don't think they are VOC free though.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 6:49pm
TT glue IS rubber cement + some thinners. Good ole Elmer's good for attaching rubber to blade.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 7:01pm
How strong is elmer's glue? Do the rubbers come off easily (don't want to rip wood off my blade)? Any residue on the blade that's hard to clean? Can you thin it out with water?

Thanks, was hoping someone experimented already so I don't have to.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 7:04pm
Bond is pretty srong, I never reglue unless im trying on different rubbers. Glue residue usually stays with the rubber. THe only blade that i ever had problems with splintering was BTY Primorac-2000 CS which was the biggest POS ever. I don't know about thinning with water, i doubt they'd mix.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by Budric Budric wrote:

How strong is elmer's glue? Do the rubbers come off easily (don't want to rip wood off my blade)? Any residue on the blade that's hard to clean? Can you thin it out with water?

Thanks, was hoping someone experimented already so I don't have to.
Rubber cement is not that strong. About the same as other VOC TT glues. If you sealed your blade - should be no problem. Rub it from the blade. To remove it from sponge use Goo Gone.
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2008 at 11:02pm
Best- Test paper cement all the way!  8USD for 250mL compared to 20USD for 90mL of Free Chack!  Just make sure to air your racket for a few days to let the VOCs air out!!!
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic