Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Equipment: Men vs. Women+what you should use!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Equipment: Men vs. Women+what you should use!
    Posted: 03/29/2008 at 3:20pm
There are some informative threads rolling with lists of what the professional men and women use. I think it's only natural for us guys to idolize the pro guys and want to use the stuff they use, but let me throw this out there . . .

If my playing style, strength, speed, endurance, and overall level of play is closer to that of the top female players, why not consider what they are using as it may be a better fit?

Unless you can spank any of the top female players, why not consider their gear? You might not want to admit it, but unless your rating is way up there we are probably more like the women!

Why not?

If I'm wrong, please tell me why.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Sponsored Links

Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 3:44pm
I agree... That's why I also use Plasma Women... LOL
A Proud Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club

Speed90 Cpen: F3 Big Slam Max, Xtend 2.0 89/160 grams
H-1-9 FL: Impuls speed 2.0, QUAD420 Max 90/161 grams
anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 3:46pm
I think even though a guy and girl might have similar ratings. They usually have very different playing styles. From the perspective of a lower rated player, It seems that guys tend to play further back and look to setup loops and drives, whereas most girls I've seen like to play a more positioning game using very quick blocks and counters over the table.

I don't know too much about what equipment they are using though. I know andro makes women rubbers, but other than that when I looked at the Butterfly sponsored player list a lot of the girls are using much faster setups than me. hehe.

Anyways, continuing my rant. My final word, the pro guys play a higher level than the girls. The girls have physical limitations that the guys don't have that's just the way it is. If you're a guy who is getting stomped by girls that's fine, just means they might be more fit or more skilled than you at the moment. But I think there's no point in trying to aim to equal them. You should try to be the best you can be. The girls that are beating you are probably using that equipment and style because they are the fastest and strongest they will be and their stuff suits their capabilities. But as a guy you may have more potential to unleash other aspects of play. So why not hit the weights, do endurance, do plyometrics and agility training.

Better to develop new strengths then accommodate current weaknesses. That's my philosophy.
Blades:
Xiom Stradivarius - Sriver EL 2.1
Andro Super Core Kinetic OFF+ - Plasma 380 2.0
Stiga Allround Evolution - Palio CJ8000 2.2
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 7:37pm
I am totally for tryin' womens equipment
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 7:40pm
Just because it's used by women doesn't make it women's stuff. However, I wouldn't care if the blades were hot pink, wrapped in lace and a garter belt . . . if I play better with it . . . I'm with liXiao!!! We may be girlie men, but damn it . . . we're girl men winning points!
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 7:42pm
WOOHOO!
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 7:58pm
I would like to try the stuff that Zhang Yining is using
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2008 at 11:01pm
you mean the Photino?
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
popperlocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote popperlocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2008 at 7:23am
I never thought about that....But that is very true. I play like a woman,
I should go steal a woman's racket...
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2008 at 7:37am
sharapova screams too?
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2008 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by IceDefence IceDefence wrote:

I would like to try the stuff that Zhang Yining is using

Well it is possible to buy her blade. Its basically a custom AN korbel, but it has the Zhang Yining lensin the handle. You can buy it from bty.co.jp under their custom blade making section. And her rubbers are tackifire c and sriver el.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2008 at 1:01pm
Hmm.. Tamara Boros is using Primorac Carbon with Bryce both sides :P Do I guess I could have used hers..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2008 at 1:08pm
I am man enough to admit I play more like a women . . . up close with more angle blocking and smacking the ball around. Also, the lighter blades suit me due to my neck and shoulder injury. I don't stand way back and wind-up for big loop drives. I think I play more like a penholder even when I don't play my non-penhold style. I watched several vids of Deng Yaping. She's much closer to what I try to do that the boys.

Hence, I play more like a women so bring on the girlie gear!!
pecodk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pecodk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2008 at 1:42pm
I have a sports bra for sale if interested LOL
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2008 at 10:12pm
Lol
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
Jeff(ATTC) View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff(ATTC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2008 at 11:17pm
It's cool to use the gear that pros use, but it is important that a player finds a blade that suit's his or her style.  A player should get used to a blade so that the player will know how to use the blade to it's fullest potential.
Bty Jun Mizutani ZLC
FH: D80
BH: D05
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2008 at 11:31pm
tommyzai, you gonna go buy a Nittaku Feminist with andro Plasma Women on both sides?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2008 at 12:58am
If the feminist is really light, fast, and comes in ST handle . . .
count me in! I would proudly whack balls with a feminist sporting plasma.
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2008 at 1:27am
I wonder how heavy is Zhang Yining's setup.  Her blade listed at 92grams, bigger than normal bty size, rubber is about 70 and 60 grams uncut... Her setup probably be well over 180 grams.  I guess I am not woman enough to use that kind of setup... LOL

Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2008 at 1:33am
Why you always prefer ST handle tommy?  I can't buy any of you blades because of that, I always stick with FL (most popular handle type?) Ouch

debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2008 at 1:17pm

on of those "tommyzai gone nuts" posts ;)

i think it's about time they came up with a combo for crossdressers. :) \

something with feathers on the handle and some metal studs...
seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2008 at 1:41pm
I've always been a fan of soft rubbers, and one I've been wanting to try is the Andro Plasma Womens "max."
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2008 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by seasterl seasterl wrote:

I've always been a fan of soft rubbers, and one I've been wanting to try is the Andro Plasma Womens "max."

Hi Seasterl Smile.  I would say its softness is very comparable to F3.  Impuls speed (30) < F3 BigSlam (32.5?) < Plasma W ~ F3(35?) < Plasma 380 (38) [given the softness of impuls and 380 are correct].  Little more speed than F3.

seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2008 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Wingman Wingman wrote:

Hi Seasterl Smile.  I would say its softness is very comparable to F3.  Impuls speed (30) < F3 BigSlam (32.5?) < Plasma W ~ F3(35?) < Plasma 380 (38) [given the softness of impuls and 380 are correct].  Little more speed than F3.

Thanks for that very useful info.  BTW, I'm assuming that it is a little lighter than 380, but does it also have at least some speed?
Wingman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wingman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2008 at 3:37pm

Originally posted by Wingman Wingman wrote:

Thanks for that very useful info.  BTW, I'm assuming that it is a little lighter than 380, but does it also have at least some speed?

NP.  From what I have, 380 max red is 54 g, 380 2.0 red is 56 g, 380 2.0 blk is 54 g while plasma W max red is 55 g. 
I can't compare it to the speed of 380 for you because I haven't use the 380 max yet, plus it would be on a different blades.  Sorry.  But with F3, I put it on the same blade once.  I know you are quite precise too, so I wouldn't wanna guess anything.

seasterl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seasterl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2008 at 4:18pm
Thanks for the info, Wingman.  It sounds like they're all pretty close in weight, and if the topsheets are the same, then the speed may be pretty close to the 380.  I wish other manufacturers would offer a women's version.  I suppose in the Butterfly line, that would be Solcion (comparing it to Bryce and the other "high tension" offerings).
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2008 at 4:39pm
Pointless ! There's no specific "women's gear". They play with the same stuff as we do. Therefore, why should you swap to their toys. You already have them (all of them I should say...).
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
usagi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2008 at 8:15am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

Just because it's used by women doesn't make it women's stuff. However, I wouldn't care if the blades were hot pink, wrapped in lace and a garter belt . . . if I play better with it . . . I'm with liXiao!!! We may be girlie men, but damn it . . . we're girl men winning points!

In a way, it is good to be a girl... if we dress like men in suits, we can still look cool Cool...  I like wearing boots, legacy of my UG years...

But honestly, men and women do play differently... I like distant table counter looping, which is good for getting a feeling on how to generate speed and spin, but to me, it is not usable in my game because I just can't leap as far and wide quick enuf with my frame and speed...

If you are a guy, I dun think there is a problem with sticking to the table edge like sticking to mummy if it gives you the most winnings!!! LOL

As for how different should the equipments differ, I dun really know... I guess a light blade is one... I am not quite sure about rubbers...  is it because we have less power, so catapult effect is better with softer rubber?
Fukuhara Special-FL: Bryce Speed + Tango
To test: Yasaka Offensive Gatien 7-ply: Bryce(FH) + Moristo-SP 1.9(BH) *sealing atm*
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2008 at 10:16am
Well I sometimes like the rallies women have because its so fast and its like oh how'd she get that~!
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Yinhe Qing
pongcrazy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2008 at 10:45am
Originally posted by tommyzai tommyzai wrote:

There's just no freakin' way I am playing with a lace wrapped blade........ but I may change the handle like some sponsored pros are allegedly doing.  Hot pink for a point, get a hold of yourself MAN.  This ain't the metro table tennis club. Wink
Viscaria, H3 Neo, Coppa X1 Gold
7p2a-7t, TG2 Neo, Acuda S2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic