FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Company called Stag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Company called Stag
    Posted: 04/06/2008 at 12:08pm
Anyone heard of a company called Stag, they make tables, balls, rubbers, blades, the works and are certified by the ITTF. I have used their tables and balls and like them a lot. Have recently got a set of Stag Explosive rubbers in 2mm, and was wondering if anyone had heard of the comany. They make their stuff in Germany and Japan. 
Sponsored Links

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 12:14pm
yeah i heard it when peter karllson started to become one of their representatives on ittf page. its good hes doing something related to table tennis after his retirement from the tour.
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 1:13pm
My friend uses one of their carbon blades. Its very fast. Its the one with the gray handle and red accents. I'm not sure what rubber he's using with it, but he can put that HEAVY topspin on the ball. Heavier than anyone at my local club.
The brand is not cheap by any means. If I recall correctly he paid over $100 for the blade alone.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
rstare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rstare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 2:21pm
might be kinda random but i play the drums and stag also makes drum hardware i noticed it a while back but i never saw that stag blades or anything table tennis related except that flooring, like gerfloor
tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 2:26pm
well it is cheap in india.cheaper than bty or andro.
mindtrip i think ur talking about the stag balsa carbo blade.it is fast and cost only Rs 2500 = $62.5 shipped.
usually their blades has better feel and control
but i dont think their rubbers are better than what we get from bty,donic or nittaku.

@Ranger-man  how is stag explosive.better than sriver,mark v or tibhar rapid

1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 2:43pm
They seem to be niched between Chinese and Euro/Jap brands in terms of price and probably quality. Maybe like spintech?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 4:47pm
Stag is from India. I have a Stag balsa carbon that a uni friend bought for me when he went t to visit his family and it was cheap back in India.
tatan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by rossicarbon rossicarbon wrote:

Stag is from India. I have a Stag balsa carbon that a uni friend bought for me when he went t to visit his family and it was cheap back in India.

the blades and rubbers are made in europe,balls in China,table in India(some of them)
what about the quality of balsa carbon.is it good?

1)ZJ fl(89 gm) fh T05 red max bh T05 fx black max
2)TBS fl(89 gm) fh T05 black max bh GKI hybrid gx red max
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 5:16pm
yea I only recognize stag flooring. 
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 7:00pm
I was told the stag products are made in India by a friend. I think Peter Carlson was in India last year to promote the sport and the products. However I'm not 100% convinced that stag is an Indian brand. May be it has been started outside of India and now the products are made in India because it is cheaper to make there.

Swiff View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 7:36pm
I have played on a stag table before and it was alright, nothing fantastic.  Never used any of the actual equipment though (blades, rubbers balls).  I have also recognized the flooring at some tournaments though. 

ALSO, if they haven't yet been sued, I'm surprised, it's clear that they got there logo design from Stiga.  It looks exactly the same.  The name "stag" itself is also very close to stiga.
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by tatan tatan wrote:

Originally posted by rossicarbon rossicarbon wrote:

the blades and rubbers are made in europe,balls in China,table in India(some of them)
what about the quality of balsa carbon.is it good?

The balsa carbon is good quality, light and bouncy. Worth a try.
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/06/2008 at 10:22pm
I only thought stag is what I like to call a table sponsor. Like no one uses their blades and rubbers but they sponsor events,companies included are stag, cornilleau, and San-Ei.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Gaute View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 8:21am
Stag sounds very like Stiga. I thought it was Stiga in arabic, because when the Libanon national team where in Norway, they brought those balls.
Blade: Avalox
Rubbers:Donic desto F3 Big slam (both sides)

I have stopped gluening now, I play as good without. Donic desto F3 Big slam gives klick anyways...
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2008 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Ranger-man Ranger-man wrote:

Anyone heard of a company called Stag, they make tables, balls, rubbers, blades, the works and are certified by the ITTF. I have used their tables and balls and like them a lot. Have recently got a set of Stag Explosive rubbers in 2mm, and was wondering if anyone had heard of the comany. They make their stuff in Germany and Japan. 

I have played with the Stag explosive rubbers before. They were made in Germany supposedly. Decent speed and spin but they are pretty heavy like some of the Chinese rubbers.  For that, I wouldn't use them again.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic