FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Props to newgy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Props to newgy
    Posted: 04/08/2008 at 4:06pm
A lot has been said about robots that offer more features than newgy. I certainly do with my robot was programmable, and/or that it could offer a dead ball. But I will say this...the thing runs and runs. I've been abusing mine for 5.5 years now. Finally the thing just seemingly wore out. I sent it in to newgy, and roger had it fixed about 2 days after he got it in. He told me it was basically worn to the bone, which I believe. He says he rebuilt it completely. Now it works as well as it did when it was new. Total cost was $70.

Other robots may have more desirable features, but when it comes to durability and service, I've been extremely impressed with my 2040.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Sponsored Links

Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 4:15pm
Thanks for the feedbacks on the Newgy 2040, Cole.  I am glad to own one myself.  So far so good.  By the way, did you do any on-going maintenance to yours?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 4:16pm
One time a couple years ago I had to replace a $2 part.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
LeeMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2008 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

A lot has been said about robots that offer more features than newgy. I certainly do with my robot was programmable, and/or that it could offer a dead ball. But I will say this...the thing runs and runs. I've been abusing mine for 5.5 years now. Finally the thing just seemingly wore out. I sent it in to newgy, and roger had it fixed about 2 days after he got it in. He told me it was basically worn to the bone, which I believe. He says he rebuilt it completely. Now it works as well as it did when it was new. Total cost was $70.

Other robots may have more desirable features, but when it comes to durability and service, I've been extremely impressed with my 2040.

I completely concur with this, durability-wise it's astounding, mine's never even jammed, although I do wish it had slightly more options; you get more than what you pay for.

EDIT: Actually I'd be quite interested to know about the durability of the Super Master Table Tennis Robot T288-II, if anyone's had it a year or so.
Nexy Oscar + Xiom Sigma II Europe + Xiom Vega Japan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic