Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Violin, Acoustic, Hurricane King, Hurricane Hao
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Violin, Acoustic, Hurricane King, Hurricane Hao

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sidofmillenium View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Violin, Acoustic, Hurricane King, Hurricane Hao
    Posted: 04/11/2008 at 4:37pm
A friend of mine tried all of these and told me that they are all basically the same...just the difference in hardness in feel and flexibility...which affects the control, speed, and spin...is this true?
Sponsored Links

shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 4:38pm
that's quite a contradictory statement.. they're all the same, but yet different?
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 4:38pm
well, if they are different in hardness and flex, how can you call them the same?? They don't even use the same outer ply on violin, acoustic, and HK
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 4:45pm
you're friend is crazy
GenomicsKnight View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GenomicsKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 4:48pm
Basically your friend is saying all the cars are the same.  Some slow, some fast.  Some cheap, some expensive.  So on and so forth.  Tongue
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by SIDOFMILENIUM SIDOFMILENIUM wrote:

A friend of mine tried all of these and told me that they are all basically the same...just the difference in hardness in feel and flexibility...which affects the control, speed, and spin...is this true?

I have all these blades except Hurricane Hao (but I tried it couple times). For the speed, I would say Acoustic and Hurricane King pretty much the same. Hurricane King and Hurricane Hao have the same hard feeling. Violin and Acoustic have the same soft feeling but Violin has more vibration since the blade is thinner. Violin has the best control of all since it is the slowest. But don't get it wrong, violin are still very fast comparing with other blades.
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 6:24pm
acoustic faster than violin? funny that some people tell me the other way. probably because of the rubber. i have a violin and it has no vibrations or at least no useless vibrations, only the ones that give you feedback through your palm to your wrist; very gentle and informative.
As you say violin is not a slow blade at all. with mambo H 2.1 and 1.8 I am having a good time. With Sriver EL max and Ekryps 2.1 it's more powerful but you get less info.
I tried acoustic with Narcucross EX on both sides UNGLUED for 5 minutes and it was really fast.

tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

acoustic faster than violin? funny that some people tell me the other way. probably because of the rubber. i have a violin and it has no vibrations or at least no useless vibrations, only the ones that give you feedback through your palm to your wrist; very gentle and informative.
As you say violin is not a slow blade at all. with mambo H 2.1 and 1.8 I am having a good time. With Sriver EL max and Ekryps 2.1 it's more powerful but you get less info.
I tried acoustic with Narcucross EX on both sides UNGLUED for 5 minutes and it was really fast.

I am agree with you. Violin is not a slow blade. But it is slow comparing with Hurricane King and Acoustic. However, Violin is one of my favorite. I played it with FH Yasaka X-Tend HS and BH Sriver G2 FX. It was just amazing.
gene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 8:33pm
put it this way.

violin has better accelaration, but acoustic has more speed.
Acoustic F/h: globe999(black)
B/h: Bryce FX(red)
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 8:44pm
I only played once with the acoustic and only for 5 minutes so...
What I experience with the violin is it acts more like a spring and that spring effect happens only if you swing hard: the ball goes into the wood and pfff.....is thrown back faster. Since it is very slow on the short game the violin has the best of 2 worlds and that's why it is so appreciated.
I also believe that's the reason why Borko blades are getting more and more popular: Borko has been putting the accent on that feature way before violin was out but it is only known now, thanks to mttn marketing ClapClapClap.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic