Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new strad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new strad
    Posted: 04/11/2008 at 11:34pm
here is the link:http://www.champion.co.kr/product/product_detail.aspx?catCode=32&prdCode=1000670
Sponsored Links

anixon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anixon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 11:41pm
Anyone read korean? Is it the same construction, or is it better?
Blades:
Xiom Stradivarius - Sriver EL 2.1
Andro Super Core Kinetic OFF+ - Plasma 380 2.0
Stiga Allround Evolution - Palio CJ8000 2.2
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/11/2008 at 11:47pm
Some of the xiom lines, the FL & ST handle are re-designed. The AN is still the same.
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 12:12am

if you look at the face of the blade it says 3plys + 2 plys =5 plys whre as i believe the original is a 7 ply blade

dynamisoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dynamisoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 8:50am
"It has the Carbon/aramid in 50:50 ratio.  The blase is very flexible due to its 5.7mm thickness, but virabration is absorbed drastically with the new aramid material. Also since the blade is soft and flexible  you are able to produce very powerful spin but at the same time the carbon will help with your powerful attacks. 

"The Unique characteristic about the Stradivarius is that it is able to softly wrap the ball but project it off the blade very sharply with less vibration."

It also says that "it is pro/players tested and redesigned."
YINHE V14 PRO
FH/BH YINHE MOON PRO
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 10:12am
and look! CP as a handle option:D
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 10:14am
they also got the Michaelangelo :D Lots of new blades, Novus Carbon??
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 12:10pm
Yes, lots of new blades.
Novus Carbon (first layer Kiso-Hinoki, second layer Energy Carbon): Axelo, Strato, Ignito
Novus Wood: Aria (1st layer limba), Fuga (koto-spruce-ayous-spruce-koto), Jazz (1st layer kiso-hinoki)
Novus Swedish: Michelangelo, Amadeus (kiso-hinoki, limba, ayous, ayous, ayous, limba, kiso-hinoki),  Magellan
New Speed blade.
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 2:15pm
I've seen Xiom 2008 catalog when i visited my local distributor.. Lots of new blades, can't remember the name though..
The handle design definitely change, I got the chance to try the handle of some samples of new blades that arrived with the catalog. They have this 7 ply blade too..
The design change, the strad doesn't have the old logo anymore instead it's like a triangle (looks more like that 729 clone)
Some new rubbers are coming out too.. i believe one of them called Zeta..
Sorry for the blur information, i didn't pay that much attention to the catalog. Just not into Xiom product anymore (although i own one)
The 7 ply blade price for over $100. Man, with that money i can buy two and a half clipper wood or an Acoustic.. LOL
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 2:32pm
Not all of the new logo is triangle. Depends on the series. FL & ST handles are re-designed, AN still the same. Also, new OMEGA III rubber.
Dragon Kid, where/which store could you get the acoustic for 100usd?
dragon kid View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragon kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 3:27pm
That's the price here on my local dealer.. $119 to be precise.. i just kind of rounded it up ..sorry for the confusion Big%20smile
That is very common price for an Acoustic..

Yes the logo it's not all triangle.. you are right on that one Rockphish.. I was talking about the logo on the Strad. If i remember correctly it was a triangle shape.. maybe something like some old symbol: omega, kappa, or zeta, or something like that.
655H3PClassicAcudaS1
'Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody'
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 5:11pm
I'm picking up the Amadeus Cpen when a family member goes to visit Korea in a week.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic