Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Help choosing a blade.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hahymies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hahymies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help choosing a blade.
    Posted: 04/12/2008 at 2:47pm
Well, I am a C-pen holder.

And I am ALL offensive. I want to new set-up from my previous, which i bought off Colestt.
So I've had a pretty decent set up for a while. I am a very exp. player and can handle a fast blade.

but I have no clue where to start looking, and not that much money to spend (nothing over $50) Can someone help an exp. player find a good all offensive set up?

Also, question, could you have a fast blade an a fast rubber, or would that be out of control?
Sponsored Links

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 9:43pm
I would recommend Violin C-pen, but the price is not appropriate for your budget and I have not tried too many blades, so I can only advise you to contact Cole again and ask for his recommendation. He is very helpful.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 10:06pm
a cheap Clipper Cpen (under 40.00 USD) would be just fine 4 u.
pingpongkf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingpongkf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2008 at 11:55pm
50,- is gonna be a bit hard, maybe galaxy T8 or offensice CR or as mentioned above a clipper. or spend a bit more and get a Malin carbon
www.speedpong.net
TT EQUIPMENTS: Nittaku, Butterfly, Stiga, Yasaka, Galaxy YinHe, DHS, Friendship, Globe.
squiggle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 1:57am
Could you provide some information on what you are currently using?  I think it will help the forum members provide better advice. 

if you are in the US; Paddle palace has a Stiga Tube Aluminum Penhold for $47.95 (looking at C-Pens that are listed as in stock) but if you are moving up from a All/All+ blade it may not be the best bet.

The Stiga Clipper is usually a popular choice.  Of you can try its cheaper substitute the Galaxy/YinHe M6 at colestt.  (or T2 if you want a carbon blade)

[Added]  Just noticed that TTpioneers has the Yasaka Ma Lin Soft Carbon and Gaiten Carbon Cpen in your price range. (They have a FBP April special 25% off this month that brings the blades down to within your budget range.)  Yasaka makes very good Cpens.
tdragon View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 2:01am
Nittaku Septear CPen would be a great blade within your budget.
shij421 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shij421 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 2:17am
clipper cpen man, that's the way to go.
Violin FL
Tenergy 05 2.1 Black
Tenergy 05 FX 2.1 Red
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic