Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Straight Handles?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RBTT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RBTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight Handles?
    Posted: 04/13/2008 at 1:10pm

I really like the feel of straight handled blades especially thick ones.  What are the best blades out there with thick straight handles?  Thanks!  Smile

Enrique
Sponsored Links

melarimsa View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melarimsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 2:35pm
I like Juic, Siga and Xiom st handles ...
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 3:10pm
The Michael Maze blade has a great ST handle, but the best ST handle ever is the ones on the custom made Visse blades!
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Halibass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halibass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 3:39pm
I know Ando ST handles are pretty nice.
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Halibass Halibass wrote:

I know Ando ST handles are pretty nice.

All andro handles are nice.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 8:26pm
I second that, ST grip has always been my favourite. I liked old Nittaku Waldner grip. Nowadays it's my Juic Kiso-Hinoki Shake. Unfortunately the grip has broken and I'll have to replace it. Will post pictures when I finish the job.
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 11:42pm
Stiga 'Peter' handle is a nice fat one. All Stiga blades that I know, have ST handles measuring 29 x 23 x 100 mm. I think Banda inherits this handle design from Stiga. www.tak9.com gives you all dimensions for ST handles for each blade they have. Butterfly ST handles difffer form blade to blade, but generally are nice to hold. Donic ST handles are also quite thick, however they are kind of oval, while I prefer more flat, squared ones.

cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/13/2008 at 11:44pm
Yes, Banda and Stiga are pretty much the same company.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 12:07am
Donic and Yasaka ST handles are the best for me.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 8:13pm
The straight Stiga handles are too thin and too wide if you see what I mean for my taste..

(It's too wide, but too short if you see it from the bottom, horrible explanation :P)
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
Halibass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halibass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2008 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Schlager Schlager wrote:

The straight Stiga handles are too thin and too wide if you see what I mean for my taste..

(It's too wide, but too short if you see it from the bottom, horrible explanation :P)

I just got a Clipper with the Peter handle and I see what you mean now. I don't really like Stiga's ST handle either. I'm used to a ST handle that looks like more like O from the bottom instead of 0. For some reason the oval grip makes me more aware of the my grip when I transition for FH to BH. Can anybody help with other manufacturers with the more O shaped handles? Andro? Tibhar? Avalox?
loop2kill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loop2kill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2008 at 4:58pm
The BTY Gergely 21 has a nice straight handle.  I find it real comfortable.
Loop, Forrest, Loop!
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2008 at 4:59pm
The Stiga ST are fat.
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2008 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Halibass Halibass wrote:

I just got a Clipper with the Peter handle and I see what you mean now. I don't really like Stiga's ST handle either. I'm used to a ST handle that looks like more like O from the bottom instead of 0. For some reason the oval grip makes me more aware of the my grip when I transition for FH to BH. Can anybody help with other manufacturers with the more O shaped handles? Andro? Tibhar? Avalox?
I've never seen one that looks like O, but if you mean you like oval better then sort-of-flat, then Donic ST handles are more like an oval shape. If you like how Clipper plays, but you prefer more rounded handle, try Donic Baum Carrera ST for more oval handle and similar blade feel. Avalox ST handles are pretty much the same as Stiga Peter.
jossix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jossix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2008 at 5:18pm
all of these lovely handles I am envious. my nittaku acoustic is a great blade.I love it.The handle however stinks-its too thin-blade sometimes turns in my  hand when i am playing. I ordered some nittaku grip tape-hope that helps.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2008 at 6:58pm
The straight handle on the Michael Maze is squarer than most, but comfortable.

The straight handle on the Timo Boll Forte is thinner, but still okay

The straight handle on the Dawei Wavestone is an O shape and a very good one.

I've used the Peter handle on a Stiga Optimum Sync and liked it.

I also recall the straight handle on a Donic Applegen Allplay Senso V1 being very comfortable too.

Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/12/2008 at 7:12pm
The ST on the Schlager carbon would have to be one of the fattest out there. Due to its nice 7.4mm thickness :) Feels very balanced in the hand aswell.

Andro Kinetic Carbo-Aramid OFF ST - Tenergy 05 BH | TG3 #21 FH
Nittaku Acoustic ST & FL - H3 #21 Blue FH | Tenergy 05 BH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic