Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Help choosing new rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help choosing new rubbers
    Posted: 04/14/2008 at 6:38am
I currently have a Michael Maze OFF Blade, which I'm very happy with, but I want to replace my rubbers to suit my playing style a bit better.

I have for my forehand, a Sriver L (2.1mm), and for my backhand, a Sriver FX (1.9mm).

I'm quite an agressive player, and like attacking as much as possible, so I want something that is fast and spinny, but I don't want to lose much control, as I like blocking and being defensive as well. I was looking at the Sriver L High Tune or Sriver EL for my forehand, and possible a G2FX for my backhand.

Has anybody got any suggestions? Price is not much of an issue as I will be purchasing off of PreSports in Malaysia which are very cheap.
I use a Butterfly Michael Maze blade with a Bryce Speed on my forehand and a Sriver G2 on my backhand. As a backup, I have a Galaxy K-6 blade, with a Sriver EL on forehand a Sriver FX on backhand.
Sponsored Links

cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 6:41am
You might want to try the new Tenergy, perhaps, Sriver G2,  or the Bryce Speed/Bryce Speed FX.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 6:50am
Well, I won't be able to try any rubbers. I don't know anywhere where I can. And could you specify which rubbers for forehand and backhand please? Thanks.
I use a Butterfly Michael Maze blade with a Bryce Speed on my forehand and a Sriver G2 on my backhand. As a backup, I have a Galaxy K-6 blade, with a Sriver EL on forehand a Sriver FX on backhand.
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 6:51am
Well if you do decide to get the BS/BSFX go with normal Bryce Speed on the FH and BSFX on the BH.

Tenergy sounds like a better backhand rubber, at least for me, and it would sound suited fine for what you described of your game. I also think that Sriver G2 is better for the backhand.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 7:05am
Maybe Joola Mambo H, fast, spinny, and good control, maybe you should get Joola Mambo H Tuned for backhand and Bryce Speed as forehand
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 7:12am
How about Bryce Speed FX for forehand, and Sriver G2FX for backhand? What's the difference between the FX and standard models?
IceDefence View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IceDefence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 7:26am
More control and a bit slower
DHS PG2-L

FH: Butterfly Tackiness Chop II Red 1.9
BH: Joola Poker Black 1.2
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 7:26am
if your looking for control with lots of speed and with good speed get the sriver EL
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 7:32am

Tenergy speaks for your needs.......

Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
*Non-Stop Changing Equipments!!!*
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

KKT Cho Tokusen-Tenergy05
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 7:34am
Wait wait. So Sriver EL for forehand and Tenergy for backhand? I'm confused again. O_O

Which would be better for forehand, Bryce Speed/FX or Sriver EL? And what for backhand?

squiggle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 8:33am
In terms of speed.

Sriver>SriverEL>SriverFX

Sriver EL is popular of backhand.  You would not want to use it for forehand unless you want to go slower than you current sriver FH rubber.  Don't bother with HighTune version. Its not worth the price.

Bryce/Bryce Speed is faster and harder to control than the srivers.

How much faster do you want to go?

If you are not stuck on butterfly you may want to also consider

Nittaku Hammond Series
Joola Mambo Series
Tibhar Nimbus
Juice Scramble 21 ultima series
Stiga optimum mp, almana

Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 8:35am
I want to go quite a lot faster, but do not want to sacrifice much spin or control. Of course I understand that the faster the rubber, the less control you will have. But I want to go faster, and am willing to adapt my playing to the less control.

For my backhand, I'm more concerned about more spin and control. But a speed increase would be good as well.
squiggle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 9:00am
if you go Bryce Speed on the forehand it will be a faster for sure.  The sriver EL will be only slightly faster than the sriver FX. and a bit less spinny.  Could try the Sriver G2 or G2FX on backhand. (FX version will give more spin but less speed because its softer)

Could also try the new Ternergy on the forhand.
hafawaz View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hafawaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 10:04am
Sriver for FH  and Sriver-EL for BH if you play more offensive with your forehand and need a more controlled BH. 

Sriver El for both if you're equally comfortable attacking with your FH or BH

Senkoh - 85 with Sriver EL 2.1
Keyshot Light with Sriver FX 2.1
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 10:18am
Ok.

So it's between, Bryce Speed FH/Sriver G2 BH

and

Sriver FH/Sriver EL BH
squiggle View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squiggle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 10:26am
Originally posted by hafawaz hafawaz wrote:

Sriver for FH  and Sriver-EL for BH if you play more offensive with your forehand and need a more controlled BH. 

Sriver El for both if you're equally comfortable attacking with your FH or BH

From the first post Jehan is already using sriver on the forhand (sriver L is the orginal sriver, EL and FX are consecutively softer which equates to slower, more spin and more control)

What slight compromise and use Bryce FX forhand/Sriver G2FX backhand.

Are you glueing?  If not you may want to consider some glue effect rubber over bryce.
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 11:13am
YOu should use Bryce Speed FX and Tenergy 05.... both are equally fast and spinny... u can twist your blade ... thats the advantage of shakehand
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 11:15am
wtf's up with people recommending Tenergy without even trying it first.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 11:17am
Yep, people are easily brainwashed by butterfly
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 12:43pm
Ok, any more suggestions?

At the moment, I'm thinking about a Bryce and a G2.

I just don't know which Bryce or which G2.

What about the Bryce Speed?
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 12:45pm
Bryce Speed is softer & better than Byrce... Byrce is hard...correct me if i am wrong...
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 1:30pm
Ok.

So.

Do you think this setup would work well together?

Butterfly Maze OFF Blade
Butterfly Bryce Fast - Red (2.1mm)
Butterfly G2 - Black (2.1mm)

Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 1:41pm

I think u should take bryce speed or the FX version and either G2 or try the new tenergy.... for me... ill go for the tenergy 05.... or u can have a mixture of Xiom Omega 1 for a change on one side....but if u are loyal BTY fan... then the previous set up should be good...

HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

LeeMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 2:12pm

As dalamchops said, maybe you shouldn't be recommending equipment that you've never tried, the manufactorer's own ratings aren't exactly a great basis.  Jehan it looks like you've already decided this but I definately wouldn't recommend buying Sriver L High Tune.

dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 2:17pm
going from Sriver L to Bryce Speed will be impossible for you to control. Try regular Bryce first.
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
7plywood View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7plywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 2:25pm
If your rubbers aren't glued/tuned I would recommend, buy a Tibhar CTE  and tune your rubbers (or BTY SOO I suppose although I use CTE and didnt use the SOO). You will notice right away, significant increse in speed & spin.
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 2:36pm
Will Bryce Fast be way too hard to control then?

How about normal Bryce on FH and a G2 for backhand?
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 2:10am
*Bump*
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 4:17am
what is *Bump*?What does it mean?
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 5:28am
apparently someone from mytt said it meant:

Bring Up More Posts

as an acronym
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic