Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best of the light-weight blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LeeMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best of the light-weight blades
    Posted: 04/14/2008 at 6:30pm
From your experience what would you say are the best light-weight blades for a modern OFF style (loop-drives, high arc loops, smashes)?  I'd say a limit of 75g (obviously individual blades differ).
Sponsored Links

aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 8:46pm
Borko blade is nice.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 8:58pm
mc1 maybe
Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 10:11pm
Donic Persson Dotec Offensive may also be a good choice in the category you are mentioning, a hinoki balsa blade. The one I had once weighted around 66gr. You have to get used to the handle though (which also carries the risk after using it of not wanting to use anything else Smile).

In the light offensive category, you may be restricted though to balsa middle ply and you have to like that kind of rigid blade.

I also like a lot the Hunter X-Carbon, a limba balsa carbon blade.
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 10:38pm
andro BLAX, theres also another series by andro that were made specifically to be light, and are OFF blades.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
saumo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saumo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/14/2008 at 11:03pm
the ishlion ( for its power rating) is insanely lightweight
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 12:16am
My Jonyer-Hinoki AN is 70.4gr. Although bty chart have it as OFF i think it's slower, but rubbers choices could bump it to OFF category. Great for loops. Ok for smash because of weight, but again rubbers will help. Also your hand strength will play a part. I dont have problem with smash being not enough power/speed even using LKT Torrent rubber.
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 12:23am
Rokphish, do you stop using Korbel?  What do you use now, Jonyer-Hinoki or H-King?  EJ virus are wicked and contagious, do they? Wink
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 12:33am
donic persson impulse
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 12:43am
Donic Opticon RS, Joola MC-1, Ai Fukuhara Special
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Halibass View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halibass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 12:48am
I'll add the Butterfly BalsaCarbo X5 to the mix.
Vikroda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vikroda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 1:15am
Don't get the Nittaku Wonderblade.  Easily the worst blade I've ever played with.  Though it is light.
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 1:32am
the Andro Blax is a great light weight blade, the donic cayman is slower but just as good for looping

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 1:47am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

Rokphish, do you stop using Korbel?  What do you use now, Jonyer-Hinoki or H-King?  EJ virus are wicked and contagious, do they? Wink

Not yet... But my Korbel is alsmot 95gr so I couldn't mentioned it here as this is about the light/est blade.... Hehehe...

I've been using both Korbel (for trying rubbers) & JH (primary). I'll be using the Korbel until its last piece of wood. Out of 6 blades I have, the Korbel is the only one with the most cracks from hitting the edge of the table it's starting to look like Frankenstein Jr. with the glued together top ply pieces and what not. It's the most unlucky blade I have because I rarely hit the table with any f my other blades.

The HK is still safe & sound in its box, even after a week had passed since I got it. I'm still wary about taking it out for a spin cause it costs just about the same as all my other blades put together (HWL, Wavestone, V5, Korbel, JH).. Hahaha....

Okay, sorry for the OFF TOPIC reply. Back to the original subject guys...
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 4:14am
Originally posted by Ginko Tai Kim Ginko Tai Kim wrote:

the Andro Blax is a great light weight blade, the donic cayman is slower but just as good for looping

yeh i couldnt beleive how quick it was, thankfully its being tamed in the cardboard box. Penguins superglue job saved it from being cracked open! [ i slammed it twice on the table, 2 VERY DEEP cuts, but not fatally wounded]
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 4:18am
Gergely 21 is very light.
My Gergely 21 is 75gr.
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 4:45am
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

Originally posted by Ginko Tai Kim Ginko Tai Kim wrote:

yeh i couldnt beleive how quick it was, thankfully its being tamed in the cardboard box. Penguins superglue job saved it from being cracked open! [ i slammed it twice on the table, 2 VERY DEEP cuts, but not fatally wounded]

Dead  not too long now before that blax has a terminal illness.....

Just bring it to Gekogark, a fine tt surgeon, he did a great job with his

wavestone probably he can make miracles on the Blax.

I guess that's a bad point in getting a Balsa Blade, in that it is very easy to get it damaged.

G.T Kim

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Gergely 21 is very light.
My Gergely 21 is 75gr.

thats very light, Butterfly Online has the weight for this one at 90 grams, are you sure its only 75g?

My Jonyer H is 74 grams so would fit into the category by original poster. Very nice OFF blade, quite soft, good feeling. Loops, smashes all good. If it did have a drawback for me would be that away from table (2-3 m) power is not as high when using 1.9mm rubber but this can be overcome with thicker or faster rubber.
LeeMc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 7:24am
That's what confuses me, different sites sometimes differ by like 15g on the same blade, and then there's the added factor of them saying that any blade's weight may differ by 8g either way, seems like you don't know what you're getting.  Also, I've seen people post on here a few times saying that they 'chose the 86g' one, can someone explain where/how they were able to select a certain weight?

Anyways thanks for the info.
Schlager View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schlager Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 7:43am
Sorry for a totally off topic question, but how large is the head of the Jonyer Hinoki, and do you think that it would be good for chopping on the bh? I like "fast" blades with good feeling for chopping..
Blade: Butterfly M. Maze Off ST

Rubbers: Bluefire M2 2.0
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 7:47am
I've been told that the most accurate specs on bty blades are the ones on the bty japan website. But it's hard to navigate because of language barries. When they said "choose a certain weight" means you asked the seller to weight the blade you want. Sometimes you could ask for certain weight, sometimes you just have to choose out of the several they have available.
rokphish View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rokphish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2008 at 8:05am
According to bty online the JH AN (which I have) measured at 160x152. I'm quite good at chopping on the BH over the table and the JH is very good for it. I could do short, long, and sharp chops just fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic