Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tenergy Reviews!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Piingpoong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piingpoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 9:33pm
I just get my own Timo boll new blade ZLC (ST) Limited Edition (17/30 Asia) joint with tenergy 05 but feel a little more shake!!!???? just get 30 minute only. More review will come
Nittaku ACOUSTIC
FH: TG3
BH: Hexer
Sponsored Links

Piri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by Piingpoong Piingpoong wrote:

I just get my own Timo boll new blade ZLC (ST) Limited Edition (17/30 Asia) joint with tenergy 05 but feel a little more shake!!!???? just get 30 minute only. More review will come

You have to tell me how it feels, I might buy one in December if it's really worth it. Could you compare it to the Maze? off course after you get enough time with it! thanks!
Nittaku Acoustic St.
FH: BTY Tenergy 05 2.1
BH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1

benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2008 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Master_of_loops Master_of_loops wrote:

Guys, Tenergy 05 has durability on my game for almost 3 months! Its best durability rubber I have ever used for now! I tomorrow will glue new pair of Tenergy 05 sheets on my Jun blade! Then, I will destroy everything on my way! Cool

Your experience was a lot better than mine.  When I first glued the sheets, the top sheet on the black rubber seperated from the sponge down near the handle.  Since it's near the handle, it's not a big deal, but I've never seen that happen before and it means I can't use those sheets in a tournament.  Then this week, with only a couple of weeks of play on it, I hit the edge of the table and the rubber cut very easily.  Bryce always had the same problem for me too and I hate it.

Tenergy 05 is the best rubber I've found so far, but I'm going to keep looking for something better.  There are too many things that it doesn't do well and I don't find it durable.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piingpoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2008 at 12:00am
Originally posted by Piri Piri wrote:

You have to tell me how it feels, I might buy one in December if it's really worth it. Could you compare it to the Maze? off course after you get enough time with it! thanks!
OK, tell you when enough time but firdt meet feeling is not realy match together - May i am not at Timo Boll levelCry I did not have experience with Maze, my history - Keyshot --> Kreanga Carbon --> Amultart --> Joola bomb extrem --> Nittaku Feruku now Timo boll ZLC (ST)
Nittaku ACOUSTIC
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 1:12am
I'm getting pretty frustrated with Tenergy 05.  It loops so well, but it is soooo inconsistent with slow balls and light control shots.  Everything depends on how much the ball sinks into the spong and it's a nonlinear effect.

I'm only using Tenergy because I can't find anything better, but I'm going to keep looking.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piingpoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 7:22am

Originally posted by Piri Piri wrote:

OK, tell you when enough time but firdt meet feeling is not realy match together - May i am not at Timo Boll levelCry I did not have experience with Maze, my history - Keyshot --> Kreanga Carbon --> Amultart --> Joola bomb extrem --> Nittaku Feruku now Timo boll ZLC (ST)
Could you come to the Topic: 700 Timo Boll New blades in the world to get so many valuable ideas about this
Nittaku ACOUSTIC
DeathAngel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathAngel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 1:10pm
Well i find Tenergy is HORRIBLE in moist places it kills the sponge and makes the top sheet slippery as hell. after every rally i have to wipe it off. My high level friend cant even generate any spin from it any more so hes changing to Yasaka MARK V (I told him tenergy was the spinniest rubber besides chinese tacky ones but he still wont believe me). Mine seems fine for a while and than once and a while it will just not grip anything and everything will hit the net, all my serves will have no spin on them. I live in quite a rainy area of Canada so im trying to get used to the moister with Tenergy and find a way i can keep it from going dead on me randomly.
Korbel ST
H3 Neo 2.2
Desto F3 2.0

USA: 1522
CAN: 809
varghesep View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote varghesep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2008 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by DeathAngel DeathAngel wrote:

Well i find Tenergy is HORRIBLE in moist places it kills the sponge and makes the top sheet slippery as hell. after every rally i have to wipe it off. My high level friend cant even generate any spin from it any more so hes changing to Yasaka MARK V (I told him tenergy was the spinniest rubber besides chinese tacky ones but he still wont believe me). Mine seems fine for a while and than once and a while it will just not grip anything and everything will hit the net, all my serves will have no spin on them. I live in quite a rainy area of Canada so im trying to get used to the moister with Tenergy and find a way i can keep it from going dead on me randomly.

What blade you and your friend using?
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2008 at 10:04pm
The problem i have is that i don't know which blade is best in combination with Tenergy 05. Im using Stiga OC right now and it is "okay". Some say Grubba Carbon goes well with Tenergy. Should i try this?
Klaus123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/2008 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by nyseguy nyseguy wrote:

Amultart SI with Tenergy 05 on f/h and b/h ................................ This combo is very beneficial because it is very very very light.

You want to tell us, that your Amultart with Tenergy 05 on both sides is really light? Are you joking? How much weighs your Amultart? 50g?
Hasham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2008 at 2:53am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

I'm getting pretty frustrated with Tenergy 05.� It loops so well, but it is soooo inconsistent with slow balls and light control shots.� Everything depends on how much the ball sinks into the spong and it's a nonlinear effect.

I'm only using Tenergy because I can't find anything better, but I'm going to keep looking.

Have you tried ROXON 450 or 500pro
Hasham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2008 at 3:36am

I'm getting pretty frustrated with Tenergy 05.� It loops so well, but it is soooo inconsistent with slow balls and light control shots.� Everything depends on how much the ball sinks into the spong and it's a nonlinear effect.

Have you tried ROXON 450 or 500pro?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piingpoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/2008 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Hasham Hasham wrote:

I'm getting pretty frustrated with Tenergy 05.  It loops so well, but it is soooo inconsistent with slow balls and light control shots.  Everything depends on how much the ball sinks into the spong and it's a nonlinear effect.

Have you tried ROXON 450 or 500pro?

Technology Rubber Speed Spin Control Spin increases
when fresh-glued
Density Degree integr.
speed-glue effect
TENSOR BIOS Roxon 450 112 106 78 -
TENSOR BIOS Roxon 500 pro 115 107 75 - %20

Tenergy 05
playing style power spin
speed 13
spin 11,5
sponge: 1,7/1,9/2,1
Nittaku ACOUSTIC
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 11:00am
I've been using Tenergy 05 on a TBS for a couple months now. The combo is proving to be too fast compared to what I was using before--too big of a jump from Balsa Carbo and Sriver G2 and Bryce off and on-- so I'm going to try some different rubbers with the Timo Boll until I can feel comfortable with Tenergy again. Here's some random thoughts anyway:

Low Throw- Yes.
Great clicking sound and feel- Yes.
Durable- Yes... The rubber face is in the same condition after 2 months of play, including cleaning with a sponge. Compared to Bryce which becomes dull and losses its 'new rubber' sheen after the same amount of time playing and cleaning. Pieces will come off if you hit the edge of the table, but that happens to any rubber. And performance has to have a tradeoff.
Fast- Yes. Extremely.
Spin- Tons. From the topsheet and the sponge.
Short distance control- I've been having control issues with pushing, touch shots and brush loops--that is, I end up hitting deep balls into my opponent's wheel house--but I'm sure higher caliber players can handle Tenergy in these areas.
Mid-distance looping- Yes, awesome. Everyone should buy Tenergy and put it on a backup blade just to experience the fun looping with it. Pure joy.
Soft/Hard- Feels like a hard fast sponge with the spin coming from the topsheet against short slow balls, but when the ball is moving fast and you swing harder, its feels softer and the spin is coming from the sponge at that point.
Weight- Yes, its heavy like people say. And I've got the edges of my blade double taped to help protect the rubber, so its extra heavy. But I don't really have a problem with it. Blade weight is easy to get used to.

Hasham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 11:36am
Originally posted by LOOPMEISTER LOOPMEISTER wrote:

I've been using Tenergy 05 on a TBS for a couple months now. The combo is proving to be too fast compared to what I was using before--too big of a jump from Balsa Carbo and Sriver G2 and Bryce off and on-- so I'm going to try some different rubbers with the Timo Boll until I can feel comfortable with Tenergy again. Here's some random thoughts anyway:

Low Throw- Yes.
Great clicking sound and feel- Yes.
Durable- Yes... The rubber face is in the same condition after 2 months of play, including cleaning with a sponge. Compared to Bryce which becomes dull and losses its 'new rubber' sheen after the same amount of time playing and cleaning. Pieces will come off if you hit the edge of the table, but that happens to any rubber. And performance has to have a tradeoff.
Fast- Yes. Extremely.
Spin- Tons. From the topsheet and the sponge.
Short distance control- I've been having control issues with pushing, touch shots and brush loops--that is, I end up hitting deep balls into my opponent's wheel house--but I'm sure higher caliber players can handle Tenergy in these areas.
Mid-distance looping- Yes, awesome. Everyone should buy Tenergy and put it on a backup blade just to experience the fun looping with it. Pure joy.
Soft/Hard- Feels like a hard fast sponge with the spin coming from the topsheet against short slow balls, but when the ball is moving fast and you swing harder, its feels softer and the spin is coming from the sponge at that point.
Weight- Yes, its heavy like people say. And I've got the edges of my blade double taped to help protect the rubber, so its extra heavy. But I don't really have a problem with it. Blade weight is easy to get used to.

thanks,really helpful
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 3:18pm
I want to know too, my amultart was 86g, I sanded down to 84g (the shape is just smaller than my Gergely 21) and with 2 tenergies unstretched the whole setup is 180 grams. 

There is nothing light about this setup.

and also low throw - NO

my ishlion/ tenergy 05 set up is 173g (without stretching the rubber)

and now for the 1.9?

Dandoy screwed up my order and sent me 1.9 instead of max.  Angry 
After already having lost details of my order I decided that chasing this up would be fruitless with him.  So I've had a few hours of 1.9 match practise on my Ishlion.

The weight of the sheet is identical... I was hoping much lighter.  So I would have to say that the topsheet is what makes tenergy so dam heavy.

First impressions obvious  less spin - less speed. 
I like doing backhand slight sidespinny power loops a metre or two back from the table and now the shot has lost a lot of its sting.  The shot is still possible but requires more effort and precision.  This feels the worst point.  But if I think realistically, the situation to do these shots doesnt come up as often as all the other shots in the game.

I tried 1.9 on Forehand - NO WAY IN THE WORLD!! there just isn't enough power or spin to do any damage to anyone at the higher level I play.  Forehand has to be your smoking gun in my opinion, if you have time to choose, go it.  (Ive seen some players favour their backhand.)

On the backhand the 1.9 actually started to feel a lot more controlled at the table.  Backhand flicks seemed much more consistent.  I'd say that at the lower speed end there is no need to have 2.1 since the ball doesn't sink all the way in to hit the blade.  (on softer rubbers it does)
I also found that my short pushes, touch/drop shots increased and caused lots more errors for my opponents.  Pushing the ball back right off the bounce i could get a lot of backspin and my opponents often hit the net.
I'm not a pusher at all but find that if my opponent gives me a shorter backspinish serve I now have an alternative to my usual half volley/dead ball return, that I usually do. 
Pushing and receiving with max has always felt crazy and unpredictable for me, sometimes high, into the net, too long...

The best thing about the 1.9 (on my ishlion) is that my passive blocks all started landing on the table,  I think I have found the perfect speed setup for my backhand blocking.  When using 2.1 on my AMultart my blocks usually go off the end.

Backhand looping at the table when I let rip still causes my opponents trouble - but not as much as max, I have to prepare more often for the follow up shot. (should do this regardless)  But the backhand loop is shorter and lower throw, less chances of going off the end, unless I hit into the carbon too much.

Drive right off the bounce is perfect!  Very quick, low and perfect length, Punching the ball also feels much quicker, more precise (a bit less powerful).

Service as you can imagine isn't too bad but max is better.

Hope this helpsSmile

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 4:43pm
on the previous page i saw the butterfly ratings had sriver g3 slightly faster than tenergy. Is this true???????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piingpoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/2008 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

on the previous page i saw the butterfly ratings had sriver g3 slightly faster than tenergy. Is this true???????

That is correct Clap

Sriver G3
playing style power spin
speed 13,5
spin 10,0

for more information, click here

Tenergy 05
playing style power spin
speed 13
spin 11,5
Nittaku ACOUSTIC
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2008 at 4:53pm
I don't know if anyone else does this and I'm sure it's a bit too simplistic but ever since I first started my EJ life I have found a simple technique useful in choosing the hottest rubber. 
Just add the speed + spin = ? 

The higher the better in active play, the lower the better in passive play.

Tenergy 05 = 24.5
Tenergy 25 = 24.25
Sriver g3 = 23.5

Tenergy is better for my style of play

other factors such as weight are also important as secondary distinguishers.  So if 2 different rubbers have the same score, the one with the lower weight wins in my mind since it takes less of my energy to produce energy.

This is particularly important in blade choice.

I did all the calculations on the top end (faster) butterfly blades, comparing the speed to weight ratio; the winner is ISHLION.  It is the hottest blade for me, the best for active play.

To a lesser extent and less important to me, I also found that the better the speed to weight ratio meant that the feeling tends to go down.  So the ishlion feels pretty bad. 

Having said all this, actually the ishlion isn't super fast is quite dam good at controlling the ball.  It bottoms out with my tenergy when I up against the barriers.  That's fine.

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2008 at 4:56pm
I Tried tenergy today for a few mins. It was springy and pretty fast but not superfast.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2008 at 5:15pm
which balde was it on?

If you put it on your gergely, it would be dam fast.
I used to use it on my gergely 21 and it was way fun and powerful from 3 metres back, I'd practise my backhand loops way back against my friends forehand loops.  The power is huge.

On my ishlion I feel I have a greater range for realistic play.

In medium to over the table play, I can do super short loops and long fast zippers with very little difference in swing or power. 

Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 6:08am
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

I Tried tenergy today for a few mins. It was springy and pretty fast but not superfast.

I have tested both tenergy and boost tc...
boost tc is much faster... but tenergy is able to generate more spin.
Hasham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 6:23am
is Tenergy durable?How long does it last if you play 5-7 hours a week?
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

I have tested both tenergy and boost tc...
boost tc is much faster... but tenergy is able to generate more spin.

I spent quite a while testing tenergy and Boost TC side-by-side on identical paddles.  No way is BTC faster than tenergy; tenergy was definitely faster.  It was hard to compare their spins because BTC had a sticky top sheet, which made for spiny under certain conditions, while tenergy has the spring sponge, which produces extra spin under othe conditions.

I also tested Joola Express One, and that is faster than tenergy, but not as spiny.  it's also easier to control.  And it's more durable.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 2:34pm
i dont get how any of this can be! Ive heard a handful of people do a side by side with tenergy and BTC and say that BTC is spinnier and faster (same blade) but I've heard another group of people say the opposite is true, that tenergy is faster and spinnier side by side. and the word "much" has been put before the word 'faster' in both cases with certain examples. What's the deal? How can people be yeilding different results like that when doing a side by side comparison? something is weird.... explanation anyone?
metalone View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 2:49pm

i dont get how any of this can be! Ive heard a handful of people do a side by side with tenergy and BTC and say that BTC is spinnier and faster (same blade) but I've heard another group of people say the opposite is true, that tenergy is faster and spinnier side by side. and the word "much" has been put before the word 'faster' in both cases with certain examples. What's the deal? How can people be yeilding different results like that when doing a side by side comparison? something is weird.... explanation anyone?

I don't know what the answer is, but there are a lot of different opinions when it comes to BTC.  Opinions about T05 seem to be a lot more consistent - very spinny (mechanical), good speed - not a speed demon like Bryce Spd.
I have two sheets of BTC, Max red and blk, neither have a tacky top sheet and speed is less less than T05 - purchased from TTpioneers.
If a ball sticks to the top sheet upside down, it is sticky, pretty simple and basic understanding - my BTC is not sticky at all.
Sounds like there are fakes or there is a problem in quality, I am thinking more in the line of fakes, I don't think Stiga would allow such a large range in their new rubber.
Gave up listing, too many changes.
Blade - Yes
BH - Rubber Red
FH - Rubber Black
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Hasham Hasham wrote:

is Tenergy durable?How long does it last if you play 5-7 hours a week?

I reckon an average of 3 mounths. Extremely expensive for just a simple TT rubberConfused
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
ibupro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibupro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 3:17pm

My personal experience is that BTC is faster, and performs at its best on all wood blades with a soft outer ply and that have flex.  Tenergy 05 works best on blades with hard outer plies and, composites.

BTC does not give me good performance on my Chuan Senso Carbon, but Tenergy 05 is great on it.

Tenergy 05 is lame on my Gatien Extra, but BTC is the absolute best of the new tech sheets when mounted on the Extra.  I've not found any sheet yet, on any blade, that matches BTC on the Extra.  Haven't tried them all yet.
Xawiell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xawiell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 4:17pm
Winkin the next time i will have a new blade the acoustic of nittaku.
I want to play Tenergy on the forhand and sriver g3 on beckhand.
Do you think it is a good combi'?
Shall i take the 2,1er tenergy or 1,9er?
Wink
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 5:50pm
There is an entire topice on Boost TC where we went through the same questions.  My BTC rubbers (both red and black) could pick up a ball, but other people could not.  My BTC rubbers had limited speed, others claimed good speed.  And so on.  We never did resolve the wide range of responses.  I tested my BTC on Bty Kong Linghui Special(carbon-arylate, but not nearly as stiff as TBS).  I am skeptical of the fake theory.  I bought mine at Dandoy, and whatever people may feel about their customer service, they are too big and well-known to get involved in fakes.

Now that Nimbus VIP has finally been released, I'm thinking of trying that next.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic