Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy Reviews!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
lilactime031 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

There is an entire topice on Boost TC where we went through the same questions.  My BTC rubbers (both red and black) could pick up a ball, but other people could not.  My BTC rubbers had limited speed, others claimed good speed.  And so on.  We never did resolve the wide range of responses.  I tested my BTC on Bty Kong Linghui Special(carbon-arylate, but not nearly as stiff as TBS).  I am skeptical of the fake theory.  I bought mine at Dandoy, and whatever people may feel about their customer service, they are too big and well-known to get involved in fakes.

Now that Nimbus VIP has finally been released, I'm thinking of trying that next.

yeah there is a lot of talking about these two rubbers BTC and Tenergy

Honesty speaking i like BTC more

has better glue effect and there is the point we must to have in mind when we review a new technology tensor

also is lighter and much cheaper

the reason that too many here are against this rubber is that Bty has a very large loyal faanbase who do not accept the quality of another product

when i heard that Tenergy is good because Timi Boll is using it then i am just loughing

no one knows if Timo has to choose without the obligation of a contract what he will choose and no one knows which kind of Tenergy Timo plays

On the other hand Tenergy is a very good rubber , i am using it at this time on  TBSpirit blade and i have to say i like it alot onto a composite blade (and someone else wrote it before in this topic)
Tenergy is durable you can't compare it with the made in German rubbers
, is fast i don't know how fast is in comparison with BTS, as i wrote before onto the Spirit seems very fast to me

so i tend to deside that Tenergy and Boost TC are the best options that anyone can have, according to the style of play 

i plea with short pimples in bh and i don't care about the added weight of Tenergy

as for the Ninbus VIP i can't believe that ESN can produce a durable rubber
but i have to try it first and then say anything 
e-pingpongshop
Sponsored Links

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2008 at 6:48pm

i forgot to wrote that Tenergy onto the TBSpirit has very good spin capabilities and the throw angle is medium which will like  lot of players 

e-pingpongshop
Piingpoong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Piingpoong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2008 at 2:00am
Originally posted by Hasham Hasham wrote:

is Tenergy durable?How long does it last if you play 5-7 hours a week?
I have the same question, some pro guy told me that for not pro player around 01 year, pro player will be shoter.
Nittaku ACOUSTIC
FH: TG3
BH: Hexer
Hasham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2008 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Piingpoong Piingpoong wrote:

I have the same question, some pro guy told me that for not pro�player around 01 year, pro player will be shoter.

wow it'll last even longer than my 500pro (which i currently use)
Hasham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hasham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2008 at 4:07am
Originally posted by jonyer1980 jonyer1980 wrote:

I reckon an average of�3 mounths. Extremely expensive for just a simple TT rubberConfused

Iv'e heard otherwise (see post above)
aurelio View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurelio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2008 at 9:48am
what are the ways to maximize tenergy's spin capabilities? like a certain looping technique or etc?
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2008 at 11:00am
Originally posted by DeathAngel DeathAngel wrote:

Well i find Tenergy is HORRIBLE in moist places it kills the sponge and makes the top sheet slippery as hell. after every rally i have to wipe it off. My high level friend cant even generate any spin from it any more so hes changing to Yasaka MARK V (I told him tenergy was the spinniest rubber besides chinese tacky ones but he still wont believe me). Mine seems fine for a while and than once and a while it will just not grip anything and everything will hit the net, all my serves will have no spin on them. I live in quite a rainy area of Canada so im trying to get used to the moister with Tenergy and find a way i can keep it from going dead on me randomly.
I've been having the same problem Cry It's also messing up some of my more violent service actions. The club tries to save money by not running the heating/cooling as much and the humidity builds up. Alternatively, I held my racket between my arm and my body for 20 minutes with the protective sheets on right before a match and had lots of grip LOL
Has anyone tried putting some tackiness stuff like Joola Spinmax onto Tenergy05 or 25?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilactime031 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2008 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

Originally posted by DeathAngel DeathAngel wrote:

Well i find Tenergy is HORRIBLE in moist places it kills the sponge and makes the top sheet slippery as hell. after every rally i have to wipe it off. My high level friend cant even generate any spin from it any more so hes changing to Yasaka MARK V (I told him tenergy was the spinniest rubber besides chinese tacky ones but he still wont believe me). Mine seems fine for a while and than once and a while it will just not grip anything and everything will hit the net, all my serves will have no spin on them. I live in quite a rainy area of Canada so im trying to get used to the moister with Tenergy and find a way i can keep it from going dead on me randomly.
I've been having the same problem Cry It's also messing up some of my more violent service actions. The club tries to save money by not running the heating/cooling as much and the humidity builds up. Alternatively, I held my racket between my arm and my body for 20 minutes with the protective sheets on right before a match and had lots of grip LOL
Has anyone tried putting some tackiness stuff like Joola Spinmax onto Tenergy05 or 25?
please don't compare new technology tensors with old fashion  rubbers like Mark V.
No doubt Tenergy is durable. Try to compare it with any made in German rubber. If the training has moisture or is cold the rubber do not performs well
e-pingpongshop
charlesj View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlesj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 9:40am
well... I tried Boost TC 2mm on a Rutis J and Tenergy 1.9mm on a Cypress Max.

I feel that Boost is faster but with lesser spin. Maybe due to blade difference, but those who tried both also feels the same way. Cypress Max should be slightly faster than Rutis J.

Well... I prefer the feel of Tenergy as compared to Boost. Tenergy feels harder and have louder sound. Too bad it is so heavy as compared to Boost. Tenergy also lose out to chinese rubbers in terms of serve.

How I wish chinese tacky topsheet can be used with tenergy or boost sponge!

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

i dont get how any of this can be! Ive heard a handful of people do a side by side with tenergy and BTC and say that BTC is spinnier and faster (same blade) but I've heard another group of people say the opposite is true, that tenergy is faster and spinnier side by side. and the word "much" has been put before the word 'faster' in both cases with certain examples. What's the deal? How can people be yeilding different results like that when doing a side by side comparison? something is weird.... explanation anyone?
bozbrisvegas View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 6:25pm
anyone tried ?

Grubba Variant ALL
fh: Hurricane 38 degrees MAX
bh: tensor MAX
Watch me playing TT
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by bozbrisvegas bozbrisvegas wrote:

anyone tried ?

I have I have. LOL 

In fact I just got a second sheet today in the mail.
ibupro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ibupro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by charlesj charlesj wrote:

well... I tried Boost TC 2mm on a Rutis J and Tenergy 1.9mm on a Cypress Max.I feel that Boost is faster but with lesser spin. Maybe due to blade difference, but those who tried both also feels the same way. Cypress Max should be slightly faster than Rutis J.Well... I prefer the feel of Tenergy as compared to Boost. Tenergy feels harder and have louder sound. Too bad it is so heavy as compared to Boost. Tenergy also lose out to chinese rubbers in terms of serve.How I wish chinese tacky topsheet can be used with tenergy or boost sponge!
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

i dont get how any of this can be! Ive heard a handful of people do a side by side with tenergy and BTC and say that BTC is spinnier and faster (same blade) but I've heard another group of people say the opposite is true, that tenergy is faster and spinnier side by side. and the word "much" has been put before the word 'faster' in both cases with certain examples. What's the deal? How can people be yeilding different results like that when doing a side by side comparison? something is weird.... explanation anyone?

I have again tried Tenergy 05 and BTC on the same and different blades and the results are a bit different from my original experience.
Both sheets perform better now on blades I didn't like them on before.

I haven't played much lately so there is a good chance my stroke and timing has improved over the last two weeks.

Maybe the differences between the two sheets comes down to the type of loop a player does and how well the sheet is suited to the type, i.e. blade angle, contact timing, what type of feeling the player is looking for, etc.

I still prefer BTC on the fh, but both sheets rock!
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 7:10pm
Wholly ....!

maybe it's just a coincidence or maybe I discovered something.  I posted earlier in this forum, the following information by adding the spin and speed together.

Tenergy 05 13       + 11.5 = 24.5
Tenergy 25 13.25 + 11     = 24.25

oops 05 should be 50 if this is the case.

But anyway I'm going to make an optimistic prediction for fun all the same. 
I think
Tenergy 64's speed + spin rating will be 24.64.  (rounded out to 24.65)

or 26.4

or

10.6 spin & 13.4 speed if thinking most logically since as the speed goes up the spin goes down and the speed + spin rating has gone down by 0.25 from tenergy 05 to tenergy 25. so if it goes down by another 0.25 it will be exactly be 24.

Tenergy 64 spin 10.6 + speed 13.4 = 24

I must be crazy to waste my time doing this!    DeadI need an EJ doctor
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

anyone tried ?

I have I have. LOL 

In fact I just got a second sheet today in the mail.

do tell what you think compared to 05
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/2008 at 11:56pm

do tell what you think compared to 05

Well, first I am a smash/loop kill sort of guy so I hit really hard typically. It feels a little harder than 05 and has a lower throw than the 05. When you are trying to put power on the ball I think the 25 feels alot better. It can put alot of spin on the ball during looping but doesn't have as much of that nice feedback that 05 has when doing controlled looping. I haven't played with it long enough to give you an opinion about pushing (so far it's been inconsistent for short pushes, but I think it's more me than the rubber). It's easy to block with. It is pretty heavy for a rubber and would probably unbalance most people's setups (if you have wimpy wrists Tongue ). Alternatively, the best guy in our club (who is very much a looper) has tried out Tenergy 05 and Tenergy 25 on a couple of different rackets and said Tenergy 05 was 5 times better than Tenergy 25.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2008 at 12:14am
that dood from butterfly america said 25 is softer and has bigger pips

I can't believe its softer if its pips are bigger!

I believe the guy from your club, 05 is fast enough anyway but it's the spin that makes it stand out from the rest
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2008 at 12:17am

that dood from butterfly america said 25 is softer and has bigger pips

I can't believe its softer if its pips are bigger!
the pips are definately bigger and I have 25 on my forehand and 05 on my backhand and I can tell you the 05 feels noticeably softer.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2008 at 12:25am
i thought a lot of people were saying 05 was too hard, including pros. Why ccome out with an even harder sponge? is 25 just the tie over for 64?
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozbrisvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2008 at 12:27am
maybe there is more tension built into it so the pips push up harder through the topsheet.

I've noticed that about rubbers like Almana sound synergy and Mambo Gp which are curled the opposite way to the speed glue effect so when they stretch out they are even more tense.

Was there a bow in tenergy 25?

Is the 05 as old as 25 that you are comparing it with? because my older tenergy's are softer than my newer ones.

maybe the sponge is all the same and top part of the topsheet is all the same, with the only difference being the pip structure.

05 the thinnest
25 inbetween
64 the maximum permitted?
Grubba Variant ALL
Watch me playing TT
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2008 at 12:37am

maybe there is more tension built into it so the pips push up harder through the topsheet.

I've noticed the about rubbers like Almana sound synergy and Mambo Gp which are curled the opposite way to the speed glue effect so when they stretch out they are even more tense.

Was there a bow in tenergy 25?

Is the 05 as old as 25 that you are comparing it with? because my older tenergy's are softer than my newer ones.
possibly, I don't know how long the 05 was sitting on iruiru's shelf but I ordered them all together.

Not sure about the bow thing, didn't look in my giddy excitement to glue up and try it out.Embarrassed

Oh, and they are mounted on a nittaku acoustic.
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2008 at 1:50am
I have a strange story about Tenergy 05 and its durability.  I've been using a pair of sheets (2.1mm) for a few weeks and I've had to pull them a reglue them a couple of times.  I did it again yesterday.  The gluing went just fine but today the rubbers don't play the same.  You know that "spring sponge"?  Well, my rubbers seem to have lost some of their spring.  The throw was lower, there was less sping on loops, and the ball just didn't travel as far.  I wouldn't call it unplayable, but the rubbers no longer acted like Tenergy.

Also, I should mention that when I glued the black side on, it stuck out over the end a few mm and I had to trim it.  I don't understand why the sheet would have expanded like that, since I don't stretch the rubber when I glue it.
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/2008 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

I Tried tenergy today for a few mins. It was springy and pretty fast but not superfast.

I also tried the sonex JP gold on the same bat. Tenergy was noticeably faster and spinnier. But the Gold was much easier to control.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic