Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

non-tt glue as speed glue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: non-tt glue as speed glue
    Posted: 04/20/2008 at 4:42pm

vendors are obviously going to stop carrying voc glues once their current supply runs out with the ban approaching, i wanted to start a discussion on non-table tennis glues that work well as speed glue, i intend on gluing even after the ban, i tried one voc-free glue and was not impressed, i doubt i will enjoy the tuners either

as for non-tt glues, i have used monkey grip tire glue in the past and it was really good but on the thicker side, i am sure it can be thinned without losing the effect, i can't really find it anywhere anymore though, i also have tried rema tip top vulcanizing fluid, the effect is really good, but it is a bit thick and i think it has a bad effect of killing the topsheet too quickly

any other experiences out there?
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
Sponsored Links

clannewton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clannewton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2008 at 4:54pm
Colestt.com  has some voc free aqua glue from Globe that has great adhesion and is very cheap. 
BHDoom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BHDoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2008 at 4:58pm
thanks, i have seen that but it is not speed glue, and i was looking for glues that have voc's in them that are not manufactured by table tennis companies
BTY Viscaria FL

FH: Black BTY T05 2.1

BH: Red BTY T64 2.1
swissping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swissping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2008 at 8:06pm
Use rubber cement and mix toluol with it! I use this glue for years before the speed glue ban.

Greetings

Roger
VH:Samba Joola
BH:Armstrong Rosin
Blade: TRinnova Sonar Blade
---------------------
www.trinnova-blades.com / Handmade Blades
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic