Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xiom Omega I, II or III???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Omega I, II or III???
    Posted: 05/01/2008 at 8:05am
HI,

Anyone has been playing with Omega I rubber? WOuld you mind to share your experience with us here? I only had experience with BTY rubbers.... And wanna change to other powerful rubbers... Would Xiom Omega I be a good choice??? As you can see... I am adding new blades to my collection... I would be needing new rubbers to occupy them....
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
*Non-Stop Changing Equipments!!!*
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

KKT Cho Tokusen-Tenergy05
Sponsored Links

rpbnakata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rpbnakata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 9:56am

There is only one rating I give to Omega rubbers: CRAP. Totally crap. And I'm not alone in this kind of opinion. As a friend of mine said, "everyone I know that acquired an Omega is not playing with it anymore."

The rubber has very little grip and it does not last more than 2 months. Ok, it is fast, but that's it. For the price, it is the most superestimated rubber ever. $25 would be an honest price for Omega.
Phenom st/BW3/Ω3Euro ● Photino st/Ω4Pro/R7S ● Speed 90 fl/Vega Euro/S3
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 10:34am
which version did you get and was it the euro version with 40* sponge(omega 2) or euro version 35* version (omega 1).will be getting a few sheets of the omega 2 euro version 40*sponge as i like the feeling and i find that it is spinny with nice speed. the asian version is better than omega 2 45* spongefor these new rubbers two months is very good.i now people with energy green power dont last more than a month.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 10:40am
No tensor last more than 2 months. That's it.

If you have a good level It only lasts 1 month.

cheers
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
gene View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 10:57am
xiom III is not  tensor rubber. needs speed glue. i found that Xiom III play similar to Bryce in term of speed, spin, and throw angle.

if you do some intensive trainning, and hit the ball on the center of the blade most of the time, no rubber can go throgh 1 month.  they may not show any damage from the outside, but the playability decrease big time.
Acoustic F/h: globe999(black)
B/h: Bryce FX(red)
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 11:04am
Originally posted by gene gene wrote:

xiom III is not  tensor rubber. needs speed glue. i found that Xiom III play similar to Bryce in term of speed, spin, and throw angle.

if you do some intensive trainning, and hit the ball on the center of the blade most of the time, no rubber can go throgh 1 month.  they may not show any damage from the outside, but the playability decrease big time.

no, It's a tensor from first generation, just like torpedo, revolution COR, etc..

and agree with you about the rest.

cheers
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

cheers

No tensor rubbers last more than 2 months??? u serious??? then what rubber can last more than 2 months???
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 12:43pm
I use my bryce FX play 2 times a week (5 Hrs) only last me 4- 6 weeks.The top sheet still good but the sponqe is got because of the speed glue.
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 12:52pm
tensor rubbers need speed glue?? then how about powersponge? how long do they last???
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Mithrra Mithrra wrote:

Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

cheers

No tensor rubbers last more than 2 months??? u serious??? then what rubber can last more than 2 months???

Well, I use Tibhar Torpedo (1� generation tensor = still need glue) and train about 3 or 4 times a week, 3 hours each session. My forehand rubber lasts one month and backhand lasts one and a half month.

If you want more durable rubbers go to BTY for sure.

cheers
Mithrra View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithrra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 1:05pm
yeah... i am referring to BTY.... u mean no other brand can last longer than BTY????
HADO ST
ASUKA 1 ply hinoki
Accoustic FL
AVX J-Power

AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/01/2008 at 1:30pm
BTY is the brand that better adapts to my city: high temperature all the year.

I can't say for other places, but here all brands (rubbers) lasts less than BTY.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic