Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

new combo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
drew collins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new combo
    Posted: 05/02/2008 at 9:00am
what im using know is lacking a bit of control. so i decided that soon im going to be getting a new combo and ive decided on getting micheal maze off blade with butterfly solcion bh and fh. i was wondering if this is a good choice and that it would suit how i play? i always like to loop and i always want to be the first person to attack. i also do a lot of 3rd ball attacks.
Sponsored Links

Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2008 at 9:25am
That should be a superb combo I would think, Drew.  Solcion is a good looping rubber and the MM is a great blade to go with it, IMO.  Cheers!
gekogark1212 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gekogark1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2008 at 11:59am
You might find it much too soft especially coming from the BS.

Solcion also has a problem with serving...serves are much less spinny compared to BS serves.
(\__/)

(='.'=) But there's no sense crying over every mistake,

(")_(") You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
BrunodeDanann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrunodeDanann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2008 at 12:55pm
try getting an allwood blade for now whith these sheets you have now, after some time go back to your dawei or buy that mmaze or some another blade.

Harimoto ALC
HUrricane 3
Vega asia

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2008 at 9:29pm
what other rubber would be suitable? eg plasma 430, desto f2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2008 at 12:53am
would stiga clipper wood be a better choice of blade?
dimitris View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimitris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2008 at 1:20am
Originally posted by drew collins drew collins wrote:

would stiga clipper wood be a better choice of blade?

Stiga clipper, according to most, is a great choice. But I believe experienced players and EJs around here would give you better advice if they knew more about the equipment you are using now and want to change and more details about the way you play. Is the blade and rubbers in your signature your current combo?

In any case, clipper wood is pretty inexpensive, so will not set you back much in order to try it. Some people consider it a bit heavy, but compared to the dawei VTS it is pretty light! :-)
Darker Tanpan, fh 729 higher 2.0mm, bh 729 geospin 2.0mm

My for sale thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drew collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/03/2008 at 2:07am
the combo in my signature is my current combo. on my fh i loop alot and always try to attack chops. i also serve with my fh and and like to create alot of spin when serving. on my bh i block and drive but i am trying to learn how to loop well on my bh. the combo im using know is not giving me much consistency.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic