Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Really enjoying my new rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Really enjoying my new rubbers
    Posted: 05/06/2008 at 1:46pm
I just want to say that I'm really enjoying my new rubbers. The Bryce Speed is much faster than my Sriver L, and there isn't much noticeable difference in the control. Only downside is that I'm not generating as much spin as before, but that's not a problem, as I'm more of an attacking player on my forehand anyway. My G2 is also fantastic. I'm getting just as much spin as before, a good amount of control (although that's probably down to the 1.9mm thickness), and a great speed. The rubbers do however feel heavier than my previous ones, but I'll get used to that. :)
I use a Butterfly Michael Maze blade with a Bryce Speed on my forehand and a Sriver G2 on my backhand. As a backup, I have a Galaxy K-6 blade, with a Sriver EL on forehand a Sriver FX on backhand.
Sponsored Links

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2008 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Jehan Jehan wrote:

I just want to say that I'm really enjoying my new rubbers. The Bryce Speed is much faster than my Sriver L, and there isn't much noticeable difference in the control. Only downside is that I'm not generating as much spin as before, but that's not a problem, as I'm more of an attacking player on my forehand anyway. My G2 is also fantastic. I'm getting just as much spin as before, a good amount of control (although that's probably down to the 1.9mm thickness), and a great speed. The rubbers do however feel heavier than my previous ones, but I'll get used to that. :)

About spin - give 'em a little time to settle.

How much did you pay for Bryce Speed? - I bet that for that price you could have bought two Dawei Inspirit Quattros 2.2 and a bottle of CTE to go with them (for the rest of the year). Believe me, the speed and spin you'd be getting from that combo will be at least as good.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2008 at 1:51pm
$48. About �24. Which is very cheap.
I use a Butterfly Michael Maze blade with a Bryce Speed on my forehand and a Sriver G2 on my backhand. As a backup, I have a Galaxy K-6 blade, with a Sriver EL on forehand a Sriver FX on backhand.
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2008 at 1:52pm
I feel more comfortable sticking with a brand I know and using inverted rubbers, and the choice of getting the Bryce Speed has paid off so far.
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2008 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

About spin - give 'em a little time to settle.

How much did you pay for Bryce Speed? - I bet that for that price you could have bought two Dawei Inspirit Quattros 2.2 and a bottle of CTE to go with them (for the rest of the year). Believe me, the speed and spin you'd be getting from that combo will be at least as good.

Jim - A friend of mine plays with IQ and I had tried his setup out.  I like the speed and spin of the IQ except for the heavy weight.  Do you have that concerns or issue with your Dawei IQ?
dalamchops View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalamchops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2008 at 1:55pm
that's good to know. The last thing u want is how i hated my Bryce Speed FX... 
Stiga Titanium 5.4 Cpen
Andro Hexer Pips 2.1
Donic Acuda S2 Max
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2008 at 1:57pm
I've yet to play with a rubber that I can't control, due to it's amazing speed. Those Stiga rubbers look insanely quick, I wonder if anybody actually uses them...
Hefner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hefner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2008 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by Flicker Flicker wrote:

[ A friend of mine plays with IQ and I had tried his setup out.� I like the speed and spin of the IQ except for the heavy weight.� Do you have that concerns or issue with your Dawei IQ?

I�m using a Maze off blade with I.Q 2.2 and Mark V (waiting for I.Q. ultra light) and I actually don�t find the racket to heavy. The total weight is around 180-185 including sidetape which I don�t consider too heavy.....
I�m waiting for the I.Q ultra light which I will try in my bh and that will lighten the racket even more I�d think

You should really try the I.Q. 2.2 40 degree....It�s really good and did match my old setup for fh (Bryce Speed)....It�s not as fast but has better control and better spin....and only cost�s 16$ from Cole.....
Butterfly Maze Off
Stiga Boost TC both sides

asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2008 at 5:32pm

where did you get them from?

asr1990
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2008 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by asr1990 asr1990 wrote:

where did you get them from?

asr1990

You mean where to buy Dawei Inspirit Quatro rubbers?  Go to Colestt.com.
Flicker View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flicker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/06/2008 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Hefner Hefner wrote:

[ A friend of mine plays with IQ and I had tried his setup out.  I like the speed and spin of the IQ except for the heavy weight.  Do you have that concerns or issue with your Dawei IQ?

I�m using a Maze off blade with I.Q 2.2 and Mark V (waiting for I.Q. ultra light) and I actually don�t find the racket to heavy. The total weight is around 180-185 including sidetape which I don�t consider too heavy.....
I�m waiting for the I.Q ultra light which I will try in my bh and that will lighten the racket even more I�d think

You should really try the I.Q. 2.2 40 degree....It�s really good and did match my old setup for fh (Bryce Speed)....It�s not as fast but has better control and better spin....and only cost�s 16$ from Cole.....

Did you treat or tune your I.Q. 2.2 with anything?  185 g is a good weight.  What is the weight of your Maze blade?
Brainstorm69 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brainstorm69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 12:18am

I just want to say that I'm really enjoying my new rubbers.

Yeah, but what does your GF think? LOL  I crack myself up when I've had a few drinks.
F3S | Tulpe T-7007 | F3S
Hefner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hefner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 5:53am

Originally posted by Hefner Hefner wrote:

[ A friend of mine plays with IQ and I had tried his setup out.� I like the speed and spin of the IQ except for the heavy weight.� Do you have that concerns or issue with your Dawei IQ?
I�m using a Maze off blade with I.Q 2.2 and Mark V (waiting for I.Q. ultra light) and I actually don�t find the racket to heavy. The total weight is around 180-185 including sidetape which I don�t consider too heavy..... I�m waiting for the I.Q ultra light which I will try in my bh and that will lighten the racket even more I�d think You should really try the I.Q. 2.2 40 degree....It�s really good and did match my old setup for fh (Bryce Speed)....It�s not as fast but has better control and better spin....and only cost�s 16$ from Cole.....

Did you treat or tune your I.Q. 2.2 with anything?� 185 g is a good weight.� What is the weight of your Maze blade?

Didn�t tune, just used rubber cement to glue the rubber to the blade....The Maze is around 85-90.....The I.Q. cut was around 50 g and the Mark V around 45 g....That combo works really nice!

Allthough I�m waiting for the ultra light version of I.Q for my bh.....Cole�s tell me that it is similar to the joola mambo rubber, so I�m very excited
Butterfly Maze Off
Stiga Boost TC both sides

Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 11:26am
Okay, so I used it in a match today, and the Bryce Speed is a lot faster than I first thought. It's quite hard to control, but I'm sure with practice I'll be able to use it comfortably. 
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 11:27am
where did you get your Bryce Speed?

you a Junior?

asr1990
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 11:37am
I've been playing competitively for about 6 months, so I'm not crap. I've got a pretty decent attacking forehand, and my backhand has improved a lot. My chopping isn't great though, but I'm trying to work on it. I bought it from PreSports. :)
asr1990 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asr1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 11:57am
ok thanks jehan
surprising to see a new player playing with such a fast combination so early on,

i play with a slower setup than yourself
mizutani jun
tenergy
bryce speed fx
Will be trying Zeta soon
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 12:05pm
Well, I had a Sriver L and a Sriver FX for most of that time, and my main issues were that as I got better, the rubbers felt too slow for my aggressive game. The blade was fine, it very good in-fact. So I thought new rubbers would be the best option. The Sriver G2 looked like a good backhand choice, and after looking around, and taking some advice from here, I went for the Bryce Speed for my forehand. Do you think this was a bad decision? Could it potentially ruin my game, or should it be possible to get used to them?
Jehan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jehan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 9:33am
So what do you think?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic