Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Damien Eloi's Blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
phantagarow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantagarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damien Eloi's Blade
    Posted: 05/07/2008 at 10:14pm
I was watching Eloi vs Mizutani today and I noticed that Eloi's blade is guitar shaped. I guess you see something interesting everyday...
Sponsored Links

cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 10:24pm
Yup....its called the Tibhar Swing IV-S
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantagarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 10:35pm
Really... I thought that it is a custom blade for eccentricity rather than something in production.
kenneyy88 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenneyy88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 11:12pm
Yea I saw that he had a weird shaped blade, when I started. I thought that was what people refered to as a violin or acoustic. But i was wrong. 
Ginko Tai Kim View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginko Tai Kim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 11:17pm
i guess its for ppl that hit the edge alot they get this blade so that it never hits there
:-)

RE-Impact Hydra
Andro Roxon 450 2mm
Giant Dragon Giant Long ox
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 11:21pm
Hei, I don't know if Eloi uses Tibhar Swing IV-S, but in the TT store I see this Tibhar Chila Swing and its shape is like a guitar or violin.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/07/2008 at 11:21pm
It's lighter because less wood and rubber than normal blades. I wonder how to cut the rubber neatly.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 12:14am
blade perfectly describes eloi : one wierd french dude with the most MONSTROUS SIDESPINS
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 12:23am
Yeah, I don't understand French but it seems that he swears a lot during games.
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 1:02am
teh french team seem to love it. watch him vs dimitji, eloi says something after a wierd rally, and patrick chila is just smiling with his mates
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 7:38am
http://040563234.badoo.com/e162549

a normal pic of a IV S and an after accident pic...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 7:52am
hahaha I started a thread under the very same name not too long ago, I thought it had resurfaced
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
Master_of_loops View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_of_loops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 7:52am
I dont like this blade because its ugly and If its realy good, then other tt brands would already make same blades with this technology
takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by theman theman wrote:

blade perfectly describes eloi : one wierd french dude with the most MONSTROUS SIDESPINS

that's a good one!!  but i've been around a lot of french people and a lot of 'em are weird!!  it's amazing to me that country has managed to stay together without erupting into civil war!!
theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 2:38pm
lol, hence y france is probably the most unqiue country in the world to bring these crazy players out on high professional level
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

ffx-me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ffx-me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

that's a good one!!  but i've been around a lot of french people and a lot of 'em are weird!!  it's amazing to me that country has managed to stay together without erupting into civil war!!

lol, I immagine you joke or you have never heard of the revolution
-Primorac 2000, 802 + globe 999 quattro
-Korbel, Cream MRS + 802-40
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by takaaki takaaki wrote:

We had a King named Philippe the fourth who died in 1314. From what I know he was the 1st to really make France a State under the authority of a powerful King and made sure that regional powerful administrators  (Counts, dukes etc..) aknowledged his authority ("gimme my tax buddy!!!").

Before that France was more a bunch of regional groups speaking close but different dialects and the King was weak. French is actually the dialect that was in use where the King established his administration.

Under the strong authority of a strong and politically smart king,  people in provinces felt more more like belonging to a big kingdom and it helped a lot of course that french was spreading as the official language that everyone with education had to know in addition of his/her (close) dialect and that religious beliefs were the same all over the place (church was immensely strong).

takaaki View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote takaaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 4:50pm
yeah, but france didn't really become "france" until the 1800s, but if you want to be technical, it wasn't until after world war 2 that the country's borders stabilized into the ones we know today.

and, as far as i know, "french" didn't really become the national language until the 1800's again.  i believe that was when public education started in france.

but, anyhow, i was only joking above.  what i meant was that there seems to be such an independent streak amongst french individuals, more so than with anybody else i've ever been around.  and because of that, it's amazing to me that they manage to get along at all.

anyway, vive la france!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phantagarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/08/2008 at 6:39pm
When I watched the three matches of France vs Japan in this year's Evergrande, all three players of France swore at times. Maybe it is a part of their training...Wink
addoydude View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addoydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2008 at 7:32am
Does anyone know what's supposed to be the design reason for the shape of damien eloi's blade?
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2008 at 9:24am
Originally posted by addoydude addoydude wrote:

Does anyone know what's supposed to be the design reason for the shape of damien eloi's blade?

I am not so sure but here is an attempt to answer that question:

Let's assume it's all about paddle speed at contact time. When we FH loop,  the top of the head is going a bit faster so if the blade can be a little longer it can present an advantage; but then the added weight on the top of the head must be taken off somewhere to keep balance and weight constant. Taking that weight off the sides does not present a problem for top level players who can hit the ball on the same spot over and over.

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2008 at 9:32am
Its probably just meant to be aerodynamic.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Gabcsi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabcsi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2008 at 3:20pm
I saw him play today at the Olympic Qual, interesting and aggressive player.

He had the guitar blade (not sure about the edge cut quality, it was taped :) ).

He hit the ball with edge of the blade 2-3 times, I was thinking about the shape, too.

Maybe its the aerodynamic aspect during the swing that helps. 4-5 long matches is tiring enough, any help comes handy.
Galaxy W6
Palio GP3 sponge 2.2 mm + CJC top FH/ LKT XT black BH 2.2mm

Galaxy 896
Joola Mambo max FH/ 2mm BH

DHS 126g blade
XT red 2.2mm FH, 6512 2mm BH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic